• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

NastyBook

Top games for me this year, in no order:

-Bloodborne
-Rocket League
-The Witcher 3
-Metal Gear Solid V
-Transformers Devastation

Just superlative shit I've played this year.

Oh Shit!

original.jpg
You didn't know this? It's like a few minutes from my job. He stays 30 minutes away from me lol.

imBask

Banned
not in a world where Dark Souls 2 exists

EDIT: beaten like a government mule by friend Sephzilla

Not when Dark Souls 2 exists, especially not when Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Romhack exists

Dark souls 2 gets a lot of shit but it's years ahead of Bloodborne in terms of EVERYTHING except combat pace

everything was so boring in Bloodborne... I didn't hate it but I never ever feel like playing it again, and I couldn't care less about the DLC. The online was boring, the weapon variety was lacking, some of the zones bored me to death, it was easier than Dark Souls 2 overall, zzz

I didn't play Scholar

HyQkHyM.gif

Neville vs Barrett was a pretty solid TV match guys
Oh yeah, my man Barrett was in a title tourney.
Now just let me look up those results and....FUCK.

Okay what about Stardust....FUCK

Fine, maybe I'll root for the Big Guy and...OH COME ON!

Why do you want me to hurt WWE?

Mario Maker > Bloodborne > Witcher 3
I can agree with this. (I should probably try to actually play more of the witcher mind you)

Not when Dark Souls 2 exists, especially not when Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Romhack exists
Damn, that name got me good.
Works well considering what happened with NoAll Mans Wharf and Iron Keep.

Basically, 2015 has been an impeccable year for video games
I still feel like I'm racing to catch up, got Undertale and Axiom Verge done recently, good stuff all round.

feel like every game I've played this year was awesome but had huge compromises made.

MKX had shit online, and the story was at strange odds with the rest of the game's presentation.

Halo 5 has the best levels and multiplayer and looks great but its plot is lame and the squads are stupid.

rare replay reminded me that I just wanted to play the DKC games.

even forza 6's call for 24 cars each race was kind of lame, they never drive clean!

I don't like splatoons aiming, but could maybe learn to live with it.

think of everything I played I like Halo the most, but nevertheless I see no choice but to award Killer Instinct my GOTY award for the third year running. I still have to play life is strange after all the praise here though, might wait for that retail release.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
possible GOTYs

Life is Strange
Her Story
Cities Skylines
Tales from the Borderlands
Pillars of Eternity
MGSV
Soma
Halo 5

That's really the best I've played this year.

Anth0ny

Bloodborne is objectively literally shootfully the worst souls game

yes it's worse than the game of the generation and the fucking great runner up to the game of the generation

that makes it GOTY 2015. MGS V comes close too :)

Splatoon is the runner up. fuck mario maker it's a level editing tool ffs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
yes it's worse than the game of the generation and the fucking great runner up to the game of the generation

that makes it GOTY 2015. MGS V comes close too :)

Splatoon is the runner up. fuck mario maker it's a level editing tool ffs.

isn't MGS V just a menu managing tool?

oh and a babby stealth game that's easier than splinter cell conviction

Sephzilla

Dark souls 2 gets a lot of shit but it's years ahead of Bloodborne in terms of EVERYTHING except combat pace

This is absolutely wrong. Dark Souls 2 is loaded with bad ideas, most of which Bloodborne improved upon / fixed.

1) Dark Souls 2 has a fuckton of weapons that are pretty much pointless. Dark Souls 2 fell victim to the same problem Armored Core had where it had a ton of guns, but 80% of those weapons were outclassed by weapons that were straight up better in every way. Bloodborne cut a lot of the fat away and made every weapon viable in the process.

2) Dark Souls 2's world design is really poor. Most of the time it's straight linear baths to a final bonfire to send you back to Majula. It's nowhere near as intricately designed as Dark Souls, Demons, or Bloodborne were. Also, parts of the world make no fucking sense in general - like the elevator to Iron Keep that makes no fucking sense given the layout of the area before. Bloodborne has probably the best designed world since Demons.

3) Bonfires. Bonfires fucking everywhere

4) Too many fucking humanoid bosses with shieids and swords/spears.

5) DS2 ruined the nice Estus Flask system DS1 had. The Blood Vials in BB aren't much better but they're still better than healing gems and an Estus Flask where you have to level up a stat to drink from it faster.

6) The other Souls games are generally way more fair than DS2 is. The other souls games will play nice and then punish you if you fuck up. Dark Souls 2 has too many moments where completely unfair stupid bullshit happens. DS2 Next Gen Romhack Edition is even worse about this.

7) Enemies no longer spawning after you kill them 10 times over. Rewards players for attrition instead of GITTING GUD and also hurts the ability to grind out for levels. This is just a stupid fucking idea.

8) Dark Souls 2 somehow graphically looks worse than Dark Souls 1.

I really hope From Software got all of their bad ideas out of their system with Dark Souls 2.

imBask

Banned
This is absolutely wrong. Dark Souls 2 is loaded with bad ideas, most of which Bloodborne improved upon / fixed.

1) Dark Souls 2 has a fuckton of weapons that are pretty much pointless. Dark Souls 2 fell victim to the same problem Armored Core had where it had a ton of guns, but 80% of those weapons were outclassed by weapons that were straight up better in every way. Bloodborne cut a lot of the fat away and made every weapon viable in the process.

2) Dark Souls 2's world design is really poor. Most of the time it's straight linear baths to a final bonfire to send you back to Majula. It's nowhere near as intricately designed as Dark Souls, Demons, or Bloodborne were. Also, parts of the world make no fucking sense in general - like the elevator to Iron Keep that makes no fucking sense given the layout of the area before. Bloodborne has probably the best designed world since Demons.

3) Bonfires. Bonfires fucking everywhere

4) Too many fucking humanoid bosses with shieids and swords/spears.

5) DS2 ruined the nice Estus Flask system DS1 had. The Blood Vials in BB aren't much better but they're still better than healing gems and an Estus Flask where you have to level up a stat to drink from it faster.

6) The other Souls games are generally way more fair than DS2 is. The other souls games will play nice and then punish you if you fuck up. Dark Souls 2 has too many moments where completely unfair stupid bullshit happens. DS2 Next Gen Romhack Edition is even worse about this.

7) Enemies no longer spawning after you kill them 10 times over. Rewards players for attrition instead of GITTING GUD and also hurts the ability to grind out for levels. This is just a stupid fucking idea.

8) Dark Souls 2 somehow graphically looks worse than Dark Souls 1.

I really hope From Software got all of their bad ideas out of their system with Dark Souls 2.

I agree with a lot of what you say, and would still play Dark Souls 2 any day of the week before touching Bloodborne again

Anth0ny

I don't understand why bloodborne has shitty load times AND forces you to teleport to hunter's dream every time you want to manage your shit

Dark Souls 1 (aka the GOAT) let you do all that shit at any bonfire. and it was perfect that way. why deviate from perfection? ugh

Sephzilla

Souls games being yearly releases and gaf not saying a word about it is always curious

If the games manage to stay at a DS1 or Bloodborne-tier, I'll be okay with yearly releases. If we get more Dark Souls 2 tier games as a result, then fuck that noise.

I agree with a lot of what you say, and would still play Dark Souls 2 any day of the week before touching Bloodborne again

Well you hate Bailey so what do you know!

*hmph*

I don't understand why bloodborne has shitty load times AND forces you to teleport to hunter's dream every time you want to manage your shit

Dark Souls 1 (aka the GOAT) let you do all that shit at any bonfire. and it was perfect that way. why deviate from perfection? ugh

The loading times got patched up quite a while ago. I agree they should let you level up from any of the checkpoints though.

imBask

Banned
If the games manage to stay at a DS1 or Bloodborne-tier, I'll be okay with yearly releases. If we get more Dark Souls 2 tier games as a result, then fuck that noise.

Well you hate Bailey so what do you know!

*hmph*

wow pal, wanna settle this in a STEEL CAGE MATCH!?

Sunny book it please

Anth0ny

Souls games being yearly releases and gaf not saying a word about it is always curious

I'm feeling the fatigue. I just barely finished Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne drops... then Dark Souls 3 gets announced for the next year. for fucks sake. I think franchise fatigue may be why I'm not enjoying Bloodborne as much as the other 3 souls games.

it's so clear they're going to run the greatest thing in games from the last generation into the ground, and that sucks.

Sephzilla

Actually here's my GOTY list right now

Super Mario Maker > Bloodborne > Rocket League > Mad Max > Witcher 3

IDGAF. Mad Max was more fun than Witcher 3.

bjork

I don't think I played enough stuff that came out this year to even make a list... OPTC, that Dragon Ball phone game, a handful of hours with Fallout 4 and I think that's it. Everything else I've played is old as sin.

I think The Witcher 3 is truly brilliant. Great style, good music, interesting story, massive amounts of gameplay, good quests, decent movement controls... But, most importantly of all, the combat is boring.

Thus, my GOTY is Bloodborne.

Majora's Mask 3DS and Pokemon Rumble World are my GOTY choices. The former is the best Zelda game ever made, and the latter scratches my Gauntlet itch.

Nekofrog

Banned
Open world games are a pain in the ass and are beginning to consume every goddamn genre. I don't care how big you can make a world with a terrain generator if you can't fill it with meaningful content coupled with a non shit combat system. That's my problem with Witcher 3. Combat sucks, open world is boring.

Anth0ny

Majora's Mask 3DS and Pokemon Rumble World are my GOTY choices. The former is the best Zelda game ever made, and the latter scratches my Gauntlet itch.

MM3d is cheating, as it's a re-release of the greatest game of all time. of course it's GOTY if you want to count it.

I didn't include OOT 3D or WWHD in their respective years for the same reason. it's cheating, Beef.

That shit is from like 2000 years ago and THEY MADE ANOTHER GAUNTLET
I still like Rumble World more. :p
MM3d is cheating, as it's a re-release of the greatest game of all time. of course it's GOTY if you want to count it.

I didn't include OOT 3D or WWHD in their respective years for the same reason. it's cheating, Beef.

It released this year, so it counts. I counted Persona 4 Golden when it released, too. If you don't want them counted, then don't release them. Simple as that!

Menome

Still partway into Undertale and not quite seeing what the fuss is about. I've had the
date with the skeleton
and it's all been mildly amusing so far, but I'm failing to see the GOTY hook.

Top 10 list currently looking in no particular order (aside from Life Is Strange at the top spot):

Life Is Strange
Bloodborne
Rocket League
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow
Her Story
Until Dawn
Pillars of Eternity
Chaos Reborn
Destiny: The Taken King - Possibly Fallout 4 to replace it
The Beginner's Guide

Top Bottom