• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

klonere

Banned
Goddamnit I shoulda listened to Big Papa Meltz and put some cash down on Holms. The odds were insane! I coulda been somebody.

Brock was still worth a lot at the end of his MMA career and he was a glass jawed dude who fought with a illness 90% of his career.

Randa will do ok with 1 loss.

I wonder how Dana is feeling. She is his golden goose. Without her the UFC is kind of faceless again for a while.

Aiii

So not worth it
Brock was still worth a lot at the end of his MMA career and he was a glass jawed dude who fought with a illness 90% of his career.

I wonder how Dana is feeling. She is his golden goose. Without her the UFC is kind of faceless again for a while.

Dana is probably seeing dollar signs for Holm vs. Ronda 2 half a year from now.

klonere

Banned

who is Conor McGregor.

I realize he's not as big mainstream as Ronda but still

That Japanese crowd loved the Big Japan strong hoss action, at least. Pay attention, Bushi Road! Make the call, Gedo, and get us Daisuke!

Hex

Banned
The UFC thread lol you can tell so many have been aching to have the chance to let loose and are sitting there with hard ons all night long over the fight last night.
Glad this happened. Hype was a lie built from weak division. Scab got exposed.
Such a hypocricy on this board when it comes to women, it is amusing if not so disturbing.

You know it's gonna be the big money match for UFC 200.

Most likely. Dana does not have alot else to work with. Jones return, Punks first fight...?

Zach

This is why I can only do fake sports. We all know we're a bunch of jackasses in here, but the amount of posturing real talk that goes on in every single sport discussion online and in real life is tough to endure.
As a big American football fan, I totally feel ya here, pal.

P.S. Happy Rousey lost.

Raw64life

Are there any matches from the Tenryu show worth watching? A lot of old guys and guys I've never heard of on the card. I was planning on just kinda skimming through it.

And will WWE even want Rousey anymore?

Are there any matches from the Tenryu show worth watching? A lot of old guys and guys I've never heard of on the card. I was planning on just kinda skimming through it.

And will WWE even want Rousey anymore?

Big Japan hoss action in Suwama & Yuji Okabayashi vs Kazuyuki Fujita & Daisuke Sekimoto might be worth tracking down.

Exodust

Banned
Like Mayweather there are people out there who hate her for the wrong reasons. Like Mayweather, there's enough reasons to dislike her without being a bigot about it. Too bad the bigots will always be there whether you're right about your opinion or not.

I'm glad she lost.

Foffy

Banned
Ronda is not even half as valuable for Mania as she was few days ago. Its still good to have her, but the main hook is gone, she is not invincible nor the "Greatest Human Ever" according to hypeman Joe "No Rogane" Rogan.

Vince call Jeff Hardy or Goldberg or something

Quite funny that I heard on some commercials that Ronda would be considered a "once ever" character in any sport.

That fuckin' cratering last night, bro.

People in that Anthony Bourdain Waffle House thread clearly don't know that the best place to see workers after an indie show is to hit the Waffle House between 12 and 3 am.

Hex

Banned
People in that Anthony Bourdain Waffle House thread clearly don't know that the best place to see workers after an indie show is to hit the Waffle House between 12 and 3 am.

Testify.
Covered and smothered at 2am after a show which still riding out a good night of drinking ...absolutely.
When I was in Jersey and we had diners ok, I understand but here in Florida WH takes care of it.

Fox318

Meltzer mentioned when talking about bockwinkle that he hated when the body builders took over.

I don't think he's wrong. Maybe a style that's more about selling would have worked better in today's era.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shame about Bockwinkel, he was really a legend.

Glad to hear Tenryu and Okada lived through their match.

Ithil

Ronda is not even half as valuable for Mania as she was few days ago. Its still good to have her, but the main hook is gone, she is not invincible nor the "Greatest Human Ever" according to hypeman Joe "No Rogane" Rogan.

Vince call Jeff Hardy or Goldberg or something

Let's not forget what WWE's biggest star looked like by the later fights of his UFC career.

VelasquezLesnar167UFC121.jpg

You see how desperate WWE are for any kind of Z list celeb to give them some attention, loss or not they will continue to throw themselves at Rousey.

Fox318

Let's not forget what WWE's biggest star looked like by the later fights of his UFC career.

You see how desperate WWE are for any kind of Z list celeb to give them some attention, loss or not they will continue to throw themselves at Rousey.
Except Brock was an accomplished pro wrestler and a damn good on prior to leaving.

Ithil

Except Brock was an accomplished pro wrestler and a damn good on prior to leaving.

I'm aware of that. My point was he lost two matches in a similar embarrassing manner, yet he's still the destroyer in WWE being paid millions for few appearances. If Rousey wants to go to WWE in some capacity down the road, they'll have her.
It's not like WWE are picky when it comes to celebrities.

Hex

Banned

Doesn't matter. Everyone is going to lose.
Silva lost, Fedor lost. It does not erase what Rousey did as much as those riding high right now want to think it does. Jones will lose one day too and the same thing will happen.
Even if she can not beat Holm in a rematch she can still destroy the other 99.9% of the division.
MMA GAF is riding high because of personal things against the fighter and once you are on that bad side you are done. Believing consipiracy theories, the attitude, the Mayweather stuff, who she is dating.
Like I said before , there is such an erection over there it will last for days but sadly it has so little to do with the actual fight.
I am glad that the division has some real competition finally.
WWE will still have a field day with her.

Gonzalez

Banned

Brock had an excuse(Diverticulitis). What was Rhonda's?

Bronx-Man

Banned
Meltzer mentioned when talking about bockwinkle that he hated when the body builders took over.

I don't think he's wrong. Maybe a style that's more about selling would have worked better in today's era.
He's absolutely right. The sport needs more Harley Races and less Mason Ryans.

They are the fucking worst in that thread. Such irrational hatred.
I'm not an MMA expert by any means but I'm reading people saying that she should "stick to judo". What, after 11 wins and 1 loss? She might be an arrogant bitch but surely even with the loss she's proved she is one of the best.

Top Bottom