• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Carnby

Guise, stop acting holier than thou. Fans are gonna celebrate when an arrogant truther fails hard. Ronda isn't the first. And she isn't the last either.

DMczaf

The second I read that Sandy Hook tweet from Ronda, I was off the Ronda hype train for good.

Fuck her and I hope her career was ended.

I'm genuinely curious as to whether she's been "found out" and this is it for her, or if this is just one of those things. The hatred for her as a person makes it hard for me to gauge from others' opinions (I don't really follow UFC anymore so can't make up my own mind).

DMczaf

I'm genuinely curious as to whether she's been "found out" and this is it for her, or if this is just one of those things. The hatred for her as a person makes it hard for me to gauge from others' opinions (I don't really follow UFC anymore so can't make up my own mind).

Generally speaking, she's a great grappler who bought into her and the media's hype that her boxing/standup game had improved dramatically and that she was now a complete fighter.

And then she fought an actual boxer and tried to prove her standup game was legit...

I'm not an MMA expert by any means but I'm reading people saying that she should "stick to judo". What, after 11 wins and 1 loss? She might be an arrogant bitch but surely even with the loss she's proved she is one of the best.

If they mean she should have stuck to a judo style because that's what she excels at but instead tried to out box a boxer and got the monkey shit slapped out of her for doing so, then they are correct.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Ronda's gonna be back for a rematch, duh. But she's probably gonna retire from MMA and switch to acting within a few years. She's still the biggest female star MMA has ever had and she can just coast off of that for the rest of her life.

bjork

It's like that time Goldberg was supposed to be all tough and then he got sidelined forever by a mere piece of glass.

Are there any matches from the Tenryu show worth watching? A lot of old guys and guys I've never heard of on the card. I was planning on just kinda skimming through it.

Watch the women's match from the first half then watch all of the second half, Ishii & Kawakami beating the hell out of each other was fun (Kawakami with a torn ACL, no less! He powered through it to wrestle here, as Tenryu is his idol), the Suzuki/Murakami vs Takayama/Fujiwara match was a lot of fun and Suwama & Okabayashi vs Fujita & Sekimoto had a lot of heat to it - not entirely in the way that was hoped, however, as Sumo Hall was chanting "Dai Nippon!" for the Big Japan guys to get in the ring whenever Suwama & Fujita went at it.

Glad to hear Tenryu and Okada lived through their match.

Yeah, just about haha;

GIGdCu1.gif

DMczaf

You can not quantify the "bought her own hype" bullshit. No one here is a fucking mind reader. The problem is people have a hard time to stop after seeing things at face value. She lost. Big fucking deal. Story is not over yet. But people want to conflate all these variables, some imaginary, to dog pile. That she is a Sandy Hook truther, which disguists me, is irrelevant to this fight. So are our uneducated guesses as to what was going on in her head.

Any high school drop out can fill in the blanks. The rest of us can see that she got kicked in the face and it fucking hurt.

I'm not just going off this fight. I'm going off her progression from fight to fight using more stand-up in her game and people like Joe Rogen going "SHE SHOWED SHE HAS STAND UP NOW! ALL THE CRITICS CAN KISS HER ASS!"

She's always looked sloppy as fuck boxing, but because she would get the win it was thrown to the side.

I respect her ground game tremendously tho.

DMczaf

Also, thanks Heel for completely ruining Greg Jackson for me. Anytime I see him, I think of him saying the shit you post!

DMczaf

I agree, her strategy into this was mind boggling. They have a rematch, I'm sure she'll stick to doing what she knows best. The fight would have been far more interesting to see if she had done so to begin with

If she gets a new coach and training regimen and works her ass off for the next 6 months, I can see the next fight going the distance and we get rewarded with a much closer fight.

Win-win

....oh.

So she accepts the rematch prize money, shoots movies while practicing boxing at her local YMCA.

Someone have an ambulance parked next to the octagon pls

Pretty much. She should just leave. Make the occasional WrestleMania appearance, promote Pokémon Z or some shit, make movies, and just be done with UFC.

Why would you want any of the BJW Strong greatness ruined by being booked by Gedo

Exposure, getting to see those guys on a bigger stage, matches with the likes of Ishii, Honma, Goto, Shibata, etc. Also, weren't you just calling for K-Hash to be in the NEVER title scene?

Not that there's much chance of any of that happening, it's clear New Japan have no interest in promoting talent from other companies and Sekimoto's about as loyal to BJW as you can get.

This Bockwinkel news is a fucking bummer

Agreed. Been watching a bunch of Bock/Jumbo matches, also Bock/Robinson which is a classic - in the grand scheme of things he's so under-appreciated compared to many of his peers, would love to see WWE address that with a documentary/box set deal.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Exposure, getting to see those guys on a bigger stage, matches with the likes of Ishii, Honma, Goto, Shibata, etc. Also, weren't you just calling for K-Hash to be in the NEVER title scene?

Not that there's much chance of any of that happening, it's clear New Japan have no interest in promoting talent from other companies and Sekimoto's about as loyal to BJW as you can get.

K-Hash would benefit from it because he hasn't carved much of his own legacy out of his wrestling and he's someone who could work as a winner or a loser in Japan so he might as well do it at the biggest promotion.

Sekimoto's about as big as you can get in Japan without being legend or having a million dollar card company behind you. His closest parallel in 2015 would be freelancer Sasaki. He also wouldn't be able to train the kids at BJW and be at least, if not more, halfway responsible for the rise of BJW. The most he should do in NJPW is show up for a G1 to promote BJW like Tajiri did for HUSTLE when he went back to WWE. The guy's pretty much got more Japanese legends approval than Tanahashi will ever have

Well, that's of little surprise, is it? Tana's like the antithesis of most Japanese wrestling legends - there isn't really anyone to compare him to.

Incidentally, the fact that Sumo Hall were chanting for Sekimoto & Okabayashi whenever Suwama & Fujita were in the ring shows just how far BJW have come in the past few years.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well, that's of little surprise, is it? Tana's like the antithesis of most Japanese wrestling legends - there isn't really anyone to compare him to.

Incidentally, the fact that Sumo Hall were chanting for Sekimoto & Okabayashi whenever Suwama & Fujita were in the ring shows just how far BJW have come in the past few years.

I mean so is Jun Kasai and they love him

klonere

Banned
Rousey vs Steph at Mania, Rousey wins by DQ after Steph hits her with the sledgehammer, post match beatdown by da Queen of Queens into an armbar by Ronda or something. That is 100% how it would go down.

Bronx-Man

Banned
You call dibs, but want people to do your work?

Bronx-Man? More like Carny-Man!
That's how Triple H rose to the top and that's how I'm gonna do it. I could just go with no title like last year's but I think that you, the WrassleGAF Universe, deserve something better than that.

klonere

Banned
Just in case I forget, as of this moment I call dibs on the Survivor Series ot. Gimme some thread titles ideas, marks.

I hope you put a modicum of effort to describe the stories of the matches instead of a bunch of pretty pictures

ZW1FogP.gif

Seeing as its the main roster I don't care at all tbh :D

Bronx-Man

Banned
I hope you put a modicum of effort to describe the stories of the matches instead of a bunch of pretty pictures

ZW1FogP.gif

Seeing as its the main roster I don't care at all tbh :D
The OT will definitely be dedicated to you. Whether that's a good or bad thing is up for you to decide.

Exodust

Banned
I'll give Rousey this, if she was a dude she would be given infinite more passes than now when it comes to the shit she says, does and the way she acts. That doesn't matter to me because she is in many ways a person I dislike, but I don't hate her or act like she doesn't have skills.

But the once in a generation talent hype was always bullshit, and we saw that. I'm just glad the division is officially more competitive and will hopefully grow more from there.

Anyway, back to wrestlingOWW MY QUAD!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Just in case I forget, as of this moment I call dibs on the Survivor Series ot. Gimme some thread titles ideas, marks.

WWE Survivor Series 2015 |OT| The Coronation of the Holy Roman Emperor

WWE Survivor Series 2015 |OT| The Divas Revolution Will (not) Be Televised

WWE Survivor Series 2015 |OT| Seth-kun vs. ACL-chan

Top Bottom