• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Luchatista

CT4zw47WEAADxGb.jpg

So if Kalisto wins the tournament and becomes WWE Champion is John Cena gonna come out from the back and tell him his win means nothing unless he defends against him immediately?

Who's even left to induct at this point?

NWO - Hogan renders that unlikely for now.
Evolution - The backlash would be harsh.
Triple H - Same
Vincent K. McMahon - Doesn't want to be inducted.
The Rock - Probably busy this WrestleMania season
Rey Mysterio - Isn't bigger than Sting
The Undertaker - Would be bigger than Sting, but does he want to be inducted this year?
Lou Thesz - Would be the classical pick, but wouldn't be bigger than Sting to the WWE's current audience.
Kurt Angle - Stuck in the badlands.
The Fabulous Freebirds - Wouldn't be bigger than Sting
Owen Hart - Wouldn't be bigger than Sting
Rick Rude - Wouldn't be bigger than Sting
Paul Heyman - Still active, also wouldn't be bigger than Sting

To the nerds who care about WWE Hall of Fame inductions (i.e., us), isn't Sting bigger than Mysterio?

Rey is a decorated and celebrated international star with several championship wins under his belt. Sting is an old man with Crow facepaint in 2015 who came to the WWE after a decade of non-activity to lose twice. You tell me!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
To the nerds who care about WWE Hall of Fame inductions (i.e., us), isn't Sting bigger than Mysterio?

Rey Mysterio helped bring in cruiserweights to mainstream wrestling. Rey is Godly in Mexico and in Japan as well as the States. He helped usher in what is the modern equivalent of wrestling with guys like Psicosis, Ultimo Dragon and the likes.

Sting is just a heavyweight Hogan knockoff who screamed real loud and played a shitty mute that couldn't cut a promo as anything other than being a loud Hogan knockoff.

Smarks and marks both should recognize that Mysterio is thrice over more important to pro wrestling than Sting has ever been. Even if his last WWE run made you hate him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rey put over Tenryu on twitter too
Rey Mysterio ‏@reymysterio 17h17 hours ago
Will always be thankful to Mr. Tenryu for the hospitality every time I toured in Japan for the company WAR!
#革命終焉
that's pretty cool

Macho Man(kayfabe 93 Raw commentart) calls Jerry The King Lawler a legend in his own mind but at the end of the day The King is probably a bigger legend than Macho Man.

Rey Mysterio helped bring in cruiserweights to mainstream wrestling. Rey is Godly in Mexico and in Japan as well as the States. He helped usher in what is the modern equivalent of wrestling with guys like Psicosis, Ultimo Dragon and the likes.

Sting is just a heavyweight Hogan knockoff who screamed real loud and played a shitty mute that couldn't cut a promo as anything other than being a loud Hogan knockoff.

Smarks and marks both should recognize that Mysterio is thrice over more important to pro wrestling than Sting has ever been. Even if his last WWE run made you hate him.

If that kind of logic prevailed, Danielson and CIMA would be in the WON HOF. Instead, they'll point to how Rey was a terrible draw as the WWE champ.

Scott Steiner's HOF speech would be legendary, which is why it will never happen. Hunter is too shook for that.
The shots taken at Hogan would draw show much. I would bring the damn vhs tape out just to record it.
I mean fuck, I bet they expected the worst from Warrior but it was really good.

Rey Mysterio actually won the WWE Championship (for 20 mins but he still got it). Somebody post the Mysterio champagne celebration gif

How appropriate that we talk about Rey Jr.'s WWE HOF prospects for this WM in Nashvember.

I'd induct Rey Jr. in a minute, but there's no way Vince and company or most fans would consider Rey Jr. to be bigger than Sting because they only care about how he drew on top, not all of the valid points that Data raised.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How appropriate that we talk about Rey Jr.'s WWE HOF prospects for this WM in Nashvember.

I'd induct Rey Jr. in a minute, but there's no way Vince and company or most fans would consider Rey Jr. to be bigger than Sting because they only care about how he drew on top, not all of the valid points that Data raised.

WWE woudl rather try to mend bridges with Rey right now than give a shit about Sting.

Rey is still a cash cow if they can get back into a working relationship with him. Sting is not.

The best part of Billy & Chuck is that they never really...acted gay. Like they never touched each other beyond like typical tag team stuff and Rico was way more gay than either one of them. And they worked everyone so good, they were getting spots on Good Morning America and gifts from GLAAD. lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The best part of Billy & Chuck is that they never really...acted gay. Like they never touched each other beyond like typical tag team stuff and Rico was way more gay than either one of them. And they worked everyone so good, they were getting spots on Good Morning America and gifts from GLAAD. lol

It was one of those things when I went to revisit that era of Smackdown where I was like 'oh I can't wait to see what older me thinks about this and how offensive this will be' because younger me liked Billy and Chuck

turns out they were fine. The worst thing they did really was the week after the wedding angle they had them judge a bikini contest. 'They are most definitely not gay!'

How do you act gay?

Bruce Prichard on Rock and Hunter real life animosity.

http://youtu.be/moHrB0_long
Kinda old but yeah Hunter and HBK didn't like The Rock. Hunter didn't like Rock because he got a push after being in the league for 2 years while Hunter was still serving time for MSG. You remember that promo wheb it was Corporate and The Rock was saying the phrases of (Hogan, Bret, Macho,) Hunter went off the script stating "Like yours is any better."(hilarious that Hunter didn't have a catchphrase other than" Suck it") basically Rocky never cared for the off script ribs. That's when he went back and made that comment about him saying things that weren't written. After that, it was on.

Hunter didn't like anyone that was in the main event spot other than him and his boys(now hand picked boys as he doesn't/didn't care for Bryan, Miz, Punk, Edge, Jericho, RVD and a few more that Vince picked).

Honestly the whole thing with Hunter is wrong. Talent who can get over and deserved the spot light never got it because of the pull he had backstage. I believe we were screwed out of many interesting moments because of that.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Who are these people arguing that Sting is a bigger deal than Rey Mysterio? Sting was the face of a company that's been dead for 14 years, Rey is one of the most iconic wrestlers of all time (who got booked like shit because Vince didn't like him).

This is hilarious, the crowd is chanting Shawn is Gay and he's still killing it on the microphone. Your baby wrestlers today wouldn't even be able to stay on subject or keep consistency if the same happened to them.

Zach

This is hilarious, the crowd is chanting Shawn is Gay and he's still killing it on the microphone. Your baby wrestlers today wouldn't even be able to stay on subject or keep consistency if the same happened to them.
I've been pretty disappointed to find that I absolutely hate Shawn Michaels on the mic. What an insufferable douche. I liked him as a kid. :(

Oh, but yeah, '90s crowds are brutal with their homophobia, etc. I just watched Alex Wright vs. Disco Inferno, so I'm an expert on this particular matter.

Top Bottom