• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Yeah, it's very ambitious but would be a massive achievement, I really hope they pull it off. Imagine, a British indie outdrawing UFC in the same building? Crazy.

I'm guessing they must have something bigger than another Insane Fight Club in the pipeline for this to be feasible.

Tickets being on sale for a year will help to.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wow, I had no idea the Xbox One was this cheaply made. I was dusting and it fell out of the USB slot, directly downward about a massive total of 3 inches. It is now bent on the connection on the USB part of the controller and can't seem to force it back in.

My 360 controller has fallen about 30 times in its life from several feet and has never had a problem. What a piece of shit.

imBask

Banned
Spotify limits the amount of music you can add to your collection (not download, just add)
Rdio is slow as shit on mobile

rock and a hard place, i'm mad as hell

that was my monday rant, back to FnP

Sephzilla

so this chick i'm going to be hanging with this weekend just sent me a new picture of her wearing some new glasses she bought and well...

obama-wiping-sweat-from-forehead.jpg

hoping this is a good weekend

Kaladin

Spotify limits the amount of music you can add to your collection (not download, just add)
Rdio is slow as shit on mobile

rock and a hard place, i'm mad as hell

that was my monday rant, back to FnP

I get around Spotify's limits by just making playlists folders. You can put as many playlists as you want in a folder as far as I can tell. I currently have my music arranged by the year it came out and have yet to reach Spotify's 10,000 song limit on any of the yearly playlists.

Anth0ny

It's a little repetitive, but I'm really liking it.

And guys, what do you think about The Last of Us? >_>

The Last of Us is really fucking good.

It's not the game of the forever like GAF would have you believe, but it's fucking great. Awesome pacing, creepy, great atmosphere, enemy design, art direction... it's the total package, brother. And I didn't even really care for the story, which is what everyone jizzes over.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
wait you mean the xbox one controller was cheaply made?

if so, then yeah, for sure. Those Day One editions were absolutely brutal. the newer ones are a significant improvement.

Well, apparently this is a more known issue if you're using the XBOne controller with a PC because it'll be wired. And apparently the USB slot on the controller itself is the flimsiest piece of shit ever created. It's now a paperweight despite the fact that everything else works because the USB port got instantly fucked.

Tinkering with it, I found I could move the USB port around with no force using a pen. Quality product.

imBask

Banned
I get around Spotify's limits by just making playlists folders. You can put as many playlists as you want in a folder as far as I can tell. I currently have my music arranged by the year it came out and have yet to reach Spotify's 10,000 song limit on any of the yearly playlists.

well, it's one way to work around it but I see 2 problems with that :

1- you don't get the sweet interface for artists/albums, you have to deal with a list view at all time
2- when I pay for a service I don't expect to have to work around a silly limit that makes no sense

Kaladin

well, it's one way to work around it but I see 2 problems with that :

1- you don't get the sweet interface for artists/albums, you have to deal with a list view at all time
2- when I pay for a service I don't expect to have to work around a silly limit that makes no sense

I mostly use the list view on the side anyway. I've never liked the album cover view if I'm dealing with playlists.

imBask

Banned
I'm actually on the opposite side of the fence. I thought the gameplay was fun but the story was cliche and predictable as fuck outside of the ending (which sucked)

I hated the ending but I can understand why some might've liked it

the gameplay though, oh man I had a hard time finishing that game

I didn't really know ICW was a mainly Glasgow based company. I see the flyers around all the time, and hear a bit about it every now and then, but I never really consciously noticed it. Kind of odd to see that it's actually a semi-serious thing with regular shows and various people I know about already have been involved.

I dunno if I'll go to a show. Seems like they do a lot of hardcore stuff, and just taking a look at their gimmicks and show names it looks too...close to home for me.

Kaladin

Last Of Us had a great story with great acting....and the ending was actually good.

The game play did get a bit repetitive though and I would have liked more variety in places, but these are both issues that can be fixed in a sequel.

imBask

Banned
I mostly use the list view on the side anyway. I've never liked the album cover view if I'm dealing with playlists.

I might go back to spotify for a month and see if your technique suits me, Rdio mobile is straight up unbearable... I have a downloaded playlist and it still takes a good 5 seconds of buffering between songs because the album covers aren't cached from what I can understand

Jamie OD

Kawada in HUSTLE was like some sort of fever dream...did it really happen? Did I just imagine it? I can't tell.

Did this dream involve Kawada winning a tournament to wish his father back to good health?

Did this dream involve Nobuhiko Takada transforming into M Bison?

Did this dream involve the Great Muta impregnating an erotic terrorist with his mist leading to baby Akebono hatching from an egg?

Did this dream involve Ayako Hamada dressing up as La Parka?

Did this dream involve Shinya Hashimoto wearing an afro?

Did this dream involve a desperate attempt to put over Naoya Ogawa as the top babyface?

If so then yes.

Seth's injury has killed me. I've never been so shook about an injury to a sports or athlete star like this one. it has just killed me. He was the #1 reason i watch wwe.

TLOU was Naughty Dog finally grasping how to make their gunplay feel engaging after three Uncharted entries in a row dropping the ball.
Basically it was ND's best game since Jak & Daxter 1, you could say they got outta the dog house with me.

I'll probably get the remaster at some stage so they did something right with this one.

miserable

Did this dream involve Kawada winning a tournament to wish his father back to good health?

Did this dream involve Nobuhiko Takada transforming into M Bison?

Did this dream involve the Great Muta impregnating an erotic terrorist with his mist leading to baby Akebono hatching from an egg?

Did this dream involve Ayako Hamada dressing up as La Parka?

Did this dream involve Shinya Hashimoto wearing an afro?

Did this dream involve a desperate attempt to put over Naoya Ogawa as the top babyface?

If so then yes.

oh man, i only saw some bits and clips but all this sounds amazing! any way i can watch it all somewhere?

Kaladin

I might go back to spotify for a month and see if your technique suits me, Rdio mobile is straight up unbearable... I have a downloaded playlist and it still takes a good 5 seconds of buffering between songs because the album covers aren't cached from what I can understand

I love Spotify, ever since I started using it exclusively for music it would be difficult for another service to catch my eye. Like you, the limitations to how much you can have in a collection or playlist was the only thing holding me back from loving it at first, but when I discovered playlist folders it was perfect.

Sephzilla

If you didn't like the ending of the Last of Us - why?

I'm just going to spoiler everything.

It felt like forced drama and out of character for Joel, in my opinion. Yes, he cared for her but he'd already put her in positions of danger previously where she could have easily died yet now, knowing she faces death, he suddenly gets cold feet. Plus for a good chunk of the game he seemed to be operating both from the perspective of caring for her while also respecting the "greater good" she could provide. Suddenly being okay with dooming lots of other people with the possibility of facing the tragedy he faced at the start of the game felt out of his character.

jmdajr

It felt like forced drama and out of character for Joel, in my opinion. Yes, he cared for her but he'd already put her in positions of danger previously where she could have easily died yet now, knowing she faces death, he suddenly gets cold feet. Plus for a good chunk of the game he seemed to be operating both from the perspective of caring for her while also respecting the "greater good" she could provide. Suddenly being okay with dooming lots of other people with the possibility of facing the tragedy he faced at the start of the game felt out of his character.

humans gonna human

Zach

Yeah, I'm playing through it (The Last of Us) again -- this time on PS4 -- and it's just tremendous. One of the best games ever, I'd say.

oh man, i only saw some bits and clips but all this sounds amazing! any way i can watch it all somewhere?

You can probably get most of the big shows from IVPvideos or RudoReels, I'd guess.

Best storyline. Generations from now, fans will look back and say "Bono-chan was the peak of wrestling".

imBask

Banned
humans gonna human

but that doesn't make for an enjoyable ending,
you spend the whole game getting into a character that does a weird 180 to end the game, you basically go from good old jaded dude to a fucking selfish psychopath within 5 min and a big THE END gets thrown in your face... The obvious ending would've been the better one, there's no need for a Shyamalan-esque twist in every story

Kaladin

It's natural character progression. Internal drama with the greater good vs getting a second chance at what you lost years ago is a classic story. He didn't mind putting her in danger because he was so focused on the mission and Ellie just grew on him. He finally realized that she was worth saving and keeping safe. It was actually kind of refreshing that they didn't go with the chosen girl is the cure path for the story, they pulled at the heart strings and went with the more personal option.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You can probably get most of the big shows from IVPvideos or RudoReels, I'd guess.

Best storyline. Generations from now, fans will look back and say "Bono-chan was the peak of wrestling".
What do you mean, generations? It should be now!

imBask

Banned
I love Spotify, ever since I started using it exclusively for music it would be difficult for another service to catch my eye. Like you, the limitations to how much you can have in a collection or playlist was the only thing holding me back from loving it at first, but when I discovered playlist folders it was perfect.

I still don't like the way they answered the issue : "well the limit only affects 1% of you so fuck off"

Top Bottom