• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Anth0ny

It's unclear, the most anybody's known before now was "she's been working hurt" for months until she finally gave up the belt. Shows how dedicated they were to getting that record off AJ that they refused to just have her drop it ASAP and have more time to heal

I remember Meltzer answering a fan e-mail early in Nikki's reign that asked "Are they going to keep the belt on Nikki long enough to replace AJ as the longest reigning Divas champion?"

And he answered "No way. They really don't care about that stuff. Come on. They're not thinking about that." I remember hearing that and thinking "Yup, Nikki is going all the way."

Does the Meltz not know by now what company we're talking about here?

I have heard that it is potentially the worst PPV ever. One of these days I may watch it to see just how bad.

On the DVD, only 2 matches are listed, because right up until showtime they were the only announced matches.

Both had at least some boos by the end of them. And that was probably the most minor bad thing about the PPV.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can only assume this is the Raw where the Undertaker shows up to say something spooky in response to Bray Wyatt saying something spooky and then we have SpookyCentral.

I remember Meltzer answering a fan e-mail early in Nikki's reign that asked "Are they going to keep the belt on Nikki long enough to replace AJ as the longest reigning Divas champion?"

And he answered "No way. They really don't care about that stuff. Come on. They're not thinking about that." I remember hearing that and thinking "Yup, Nikki is going all the way."

Does the Meltz not know by now what company we're talking about here?

It's more the hopeful mentality that "they can't possibly be that petty or evil". A lot of fans have it, and they've been proven wrong a lot over the last....2 years, but honestly it's more like 4 for consistency.

jmdajr

crop_exact_Screen_Shot_2015-11-15_at_2.18.07_PM.jpg

i'd really like to get into Kingdom Hearts, they really seem like my type of games, but getting into that franchise seems like a god damn mountain

I love the series, love the gameplay, love the characters, LOOOOOOVE THE MUSIC, love nearly everything (while admitting good fucking luck attempting to keep up with "storyline", it's beyond laughable). But fuck

I was better a few years ago when I resigned to thinking KH3 was dead. This sucks. The wait never ends now

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
We all know how well people "steeling" the Undertaker's powers work out for them.

I wonder how you guys would react if instead of stealing the Undertaker's powers Bray just straight up killed him and then the Undertaker character never showed up on TV again.

jmdajr

It's more the hopeful mentality that "they can't possibly be that petty or evil". A lot of fans have it, and they've been proven wrong a lot over the last....2 years, but honestly it's more like 4 for consistency.

Nikki must have been relieved when it was finally done.

imBask

Banned
I love the series, love the gameplay, love the characters, LOOOOOOVE THE MUSIC, love nearly everything (while admitting good fucking luck attempting to keep up with "storyline", it's beyond laughable). But fuck

I was better a few years ago when I resigned to thinking KH3 was dead. This sucks. The wait never ends now

I really wanna play the next one but I don't feel like watching a billion hours of story to prepare myself

klonere

Banned
I wonder how you guys would react if instead of stealing the Undertaker's powers Bray just straight up killed him and then the Undertaker character never showed up on TV again.

I would be incredibly into this.

God it'd be so cathartic. Have Bray make his HoF speech for him as well.

But no, gotta fill that AT&T bud.

Kaladin

They tried that in 1994.

He came back.

At least we got some cool Leslie Nielson skits out of it though.

jmdajr

Oh yeah. I didn't buy Wrestlemania 32 tix because my wife is basically due that week. Even so, I bet there will still be tix hours before the show starts. Maybe not great ones but I guarantee they will have some.

Not even the Cowboys can sell out their own place on a regular basis. And that's when they were good last year.

jmdajr

I remember buying a 2nd Xbox(the original), just for lan parties.

Little did I know time was up. Never got used like I thought. But hey it was only 150 I think.

edit: man I can't even compare to some of these other financial blunders.

DMczaf

#Shoot

I imported a Nintendo Gamecube + 2nd controller + Luigi + Wave Race + Monkey Island for $700 at Japanese Launch.

Sold all of it for $300 6 months later...

Kingdom Hearts has the most nonsensical story on the planet. In the first one, Kingdom Hearts is
light, and you access it via a giant door in a void
. In the second one, Kingdom Hearts is
the moon, itself, actually getting filled with all the hearts being stolen by the heartless, which is somehow creating some kind of portal into something
. In the first game, the keyblade
is a finite object, switching back and forth between Sora and Riku based on who has the most "heart" at the time, which makes Mickey having one of his own at the end a genuine surprise
. In the second game,
there are a bajillion keyblades, keyblades for everybody! And it only gets worse from there with all the ridiculous side stories.

Kingdom Hearts is a game you play for the emotional experience, not the story, which is about as stupid as it gets.

bjork

I sold a Dragon Force and Panzer Dragoon Saga to a dude in the B/S/T thread for $160 shipped.

I sold a limited JP sakura spring PS2 and probably $6-700 of Bemani stuff for $400 in the B/S/T thread.

I paid over $100 for a disc-only copy of Dragonball GT Final Bout for PS1.

We've all made bad money moves.

Menome

So, Fox or Frecklestein, fuck it, someone beginning with 'F', got screw-jobbed last week. Who's going to be holding the rope this episode?

jmdajr

Overall I regret buying so many games that I didn't finish. I don't think I bought most at full price. Always discount. But still.

I have learned my lesson though. I don't buy anything anymore. I few AAA's a year and rent.

Kaladin

I imported a white Japanese PSP for $ 225, never really did that much with the PSP. I think it is sitting in my drawer somewhere.

Top Bottom