• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
PWInsider says
Reigns was to win the belt at Survivor Series and go into Mania as champ, and that still is the direction they're going

We missed out on Rollins' demise coming at an event nicknamed SS :[

There's a million sites that say a million things.

TOPPS in 2015

Topps has announced a new WWE trading card series, Undisputed, that will be released on Wednesday. It will have the most autographed cards of any previously released WWE card product, from current names like Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins, John Cena, Charlotte and Sasha Banks, to Bruno Sammartino, Bret Hart, Trish Stratus Ric Flair, and NXT stars like Sami Zayn, Samoa Joe and Enzo Amore, as well as Pete Rose, Lawrence Taylor, Razor Ramon, Big Bossman, Junkyard Dog, Davey Boy Smith, Curt Hennig and Jay Strongbow.

Ithil

This is why I think they take a lot of wrestlers out of NXT too soon.

In NXT they're a big fish in a small pond.

On the main roster they're a small fish in the ocean, filled with sharks.

More like a big stagnant pond some guy with a pompadour keeps pissing in.

Given that Reigns isn't going to be giving a major heel his comeuppance, I don't think Survivor Series is the right time to give him the belt anymore. Give it to a heel, take a few months and make him loathsome, and delay the gratification until the Royal Rumble. Then have one of Brock, Cena, or Dean win the Rumble and set up your rematch, "passing of the torch", or "two former friends, now bitter rivals" match, whichever it is you want to do. Rollins/Roman was a fine match for Roman to take the strap, but Roman/Owens or Roman/del Rio in a match with no build-up is not the right time for your future "the guy" to take his first title.

Here's an idea: have Sheamus pull a Rollins during the tournament final, have him spend two months mocking Roman for missing out on the belt in the same way two times in a year, have him keep the belt through some kind of bullshit at TLC, and have Roman crush him in a no holds barred or ladder match or cage match or whatever at Royal Rumble. Two months of Sheamus will have people BEGGING for the strap to go on Reigns. You can even do a point-off with your new champ Reigns and whoever wins the Rumble at the end of the show.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
But Roman losing doesn't make Roman look really strong.

LAW guys seem pretty confident that Reigns won't be getting the title on Sunday. They seem split between Ambrose and KO getting it, with del Rio a distant third.

klonere

Banned
So we are really getting Roman Reigns playing the part of John Cena badly as champ?

Dear god.

Gonna watch ICW tomorrow, looking forward to it.

With the passing of Nick Bockwinkel and everyone saying how awesome of a guy he was, it got me to thinking...who are the nicest guys in the wrestling business?

Ray "Glacier" Lloyd comes to mind, every interview I've ever read said that he loved his time as Glacier in WCW and enjoyed the character, holds no ill will that it didn't get over very well, and is genuinely proud of his experience in one of the best periods for the business.

Obviously Bobby Eaton is noted for his niceness, guy would pay for everything when the boys went out to eat, didn't have ill will for anyone, and when Bill Dundee found out that Eaton was dating his daughter (who he eventually married) despite not allowing her to date other wrestlers he was fine with it because it was Eaton.

DDP has to be the new king, the guy has opened his home and feels it a necessity to recuperate fellow wrestlers, and what he has done for Jake Roberts and Scott Hall is incredible. Guy apparently loves to chat with fans at conventions too. His only drawback IMO is that his promotion of DDP Yoga is way over the top, but if it's a product that has changed lives and he's proud of it, it's hard to blame him.

Anth0ny

LAW guys seem pretty confident that Reigns won't be getting the title on Sunday. They seem split between Ambrose and KO getting it, with del Rio a distant third.

like usual, LAW guys giving the company more credit than they deserve

reigns is winning and it'll be him going babyface super cena from now until mania, if not beyond that

What's going on? I stated my disapproval of the works of Christopher Nolan, then went out, got drunk and watched a band called Ringo Deathstarr. They played no Beatles or John Williams in their set.

Anyway, is Raw on yet?

Colocho

Banned
I'm still betting on Roman's first reign being at WM32, I mean they've been "making him look strong" for like 2 years now, if they really want him to be the face of the company, he can't be starting his 500+ day, record breaking reign on a fluke made on the spot tournament with pretty much no build to it.

Anth0ny

I'm still betting on Roman's first reign being at WM32, I mean they've been "making him look strong" for like 2 years now, if they really want him to be the face of the company, he can't be starting his 500+ day, record breaking reign on a fluke made on the spot tournament with pretty much no build to it.

it wouldn't make much sense, would it?

roman20wink_zpsk1uyag75l5i.gif

Angry Grimace

This argument requires that one accept that a conversation occurred in which the option of putting the strap on Roman Reigns came up in a conversation and Vince McMahon agreed it would be better to put it on some 5'9" overweight Canadian 5 months out of developmental.

Bronx-Man

Banned
This argument requires that one accept that a conversation occurred in which the option of putting the strap on Roman Reigns came up in a conversation and Vince McMahon agreed it would be better to put it on some 5'9" overweight Canadian 5 months out of developmental.

A 5'9" overweight Canadian 5 months out of developmental that sells a shitload of merchandise.

Pretty sure the LAW guys agree that roman is getting the belt but there are no strong heels at the moment so turning Ambrose or putting the belt on Owens to what them up would be better in the long run.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's...not what the LAW guys said at all. They merely said that the only two people besides Reigns that make any sense are Ambrose and Owens, and beyond that none of them think Owens is the one they are going with.

Owens is the only one who might get booed against Reigns though, turning Ambrose heel just makes him a bigger face.

With Rolins out WWE need to astablish a new main event heel right now and the best way is to give the title to a heel or turn someone in the title match.

This wont happen. Roman will win. People will boo and Reigns will do his best Cena "love me or hate me" impression for a few months.

Cagey

Banned
Gif'd not working on my phone makes me sad.

Get em.

Angry Grimace

A 5'9" overweight Canadian 5 months out of developmental that sells a shitload of merchandise.

In all seriousness, I think it would be seriously stretching it to suggest the writers/Vince hasn't noticed that Owens is one of the better guys they've had in the last few years at doing both of the required parts of the job (meaning in-ring and on-mic/characterization)

That's not to say he's gonna win the title here, but I would at least say that Owens winning the title at some point sounds at least conceivable, whereas someone like Cesaro winning the title sounds highly improbable basically ever.

Hycran

Banned
In all seriousness, I think it would be seriously stretching it to suggest the writers/Vince hasn't noticed that Owens is one of the better guys they've had in the last few years at doing both of the required parts of the job (meaning in-ring and on-mic/characterization)

That's not to say he's gonna win the title here, but I would at least say that Owens winning the title at some point sounds at least conceivable, whereas someone like Cesaro winning the title sounds highly improbable basically ever.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I'm sure its because Kevin Owens is seen as more authentic than a lot of the people who are working right now. Dude started wrestling in a barn in the middle of fucking nowhere Quebec, and it shows in his attitude. He isn't the best talker ever, but he is better than 90% of the roster, so he stands out there as well. I'm not a fan per se, but I hope this shows that they need to let people be themselves and stop trying to funnel a cookie cutter clone through developmental every 3 months only to have them burn out.

Angry Grimace

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I'm sure its because Kevin Owens is seen as more authentic than a lot of the people who are working right now. Dude started wrestling in a barn in the middle of fucking nowhere Quebec, and it shows in his attitude. He isn't the best talker ever, but he is better than 90% of the roster, so he stands out there as well. I'm not a fan per se, but I hope this shows that they need to let people be themselves and stop trying to funnel a cookie cutter clone through developmental every 3 months only to have them burn out.

The thing that Owens does that I like is actually using his character to get heel heat that isn't just X-Pac Heat. Sheamus gets boos, too, but that's because Sheamus sucks.

bjork

These girls are all talking about what to give Troy for a birthday present. Blaze wants to get him a golden saddle, Jet wants to get him big speakers, and Bianca wants to get him Bianca.

Bianca is a better heel than peak-era Sunny.

Top Bottom