• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Menome

CSyl6aEUsAA4UCD.jpg

who's going over, friends.

SPOILERS, GOD DAMN. I didn't know Thanos was in this game!

Thanos loses due to interference from the J&J Of The Jalaxy

Had a great time in Austin at Inspire Pro Wrestling's TAGGCADE event, also my first non-WWE wrestling event ever.

I went in knowing absolutely nothing about the storylines or characters, but still had a blast with a great 2-out-of-3 match between "Absolute” Ricky Starks and Dirty Andy Dalton, Veda Scott vs. Jessica James, an excellent intergender match (!!!) that was FnP between James and Delilah Doom vs. The Hooded Menace (The Great Depression & The Hollywood Strangler), and a “Survival of the Fittest” GAUNTLET-style match for the tag team titles.

Also had WrassleGAF's second favorite wrestling personality, Brandon Stroud, as the ring announcer.

Good times all around.

Really regret not being able to go. Wife had to work an event last night. Will be there next round for sure

We were supposed to fly back home to Oregon yesterday, but Friday's storm/flash flood still has the airport legit shook, so we spent another night here, and I got to go.

I loved it, and really wish there were wrestling like this in the Pacific Northwest, which is apparently super afraid of such things.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Had a great time in Austin at Inspire Pro Wrestling's TAGGCADE event, also my first non-WWE wrestling event ever.

I went in knowing absolutely nothing about the storylines or characters, but still had a blast with a great 2-out-of-3 match between "Absolute” Ricky Starks and Dirty Andy Dalton, Veda Scott vs. Jessica James, an excellent intergender match (!!!) that was FnP between James and Delilah Doom vs. The Hooded Menace (The Great Depression & The Hollywood Strangler), and a “Survival of the Fittest” GAUNTLET-style match for the tag team titles.

Also had WrassleGAF's second favorite wrestling personality, Brandon Stroud, as the ring announcer.

Good times all around.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Austin has a really hot scene.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What did he get bamned for this time. Those dumb Roman Reigns posts?

Mahoney, dude I'm just fucking hungry.

There's some nerds that thinks he passes out JRPGs for some reason? I don't know exactly, Gaming-side asks some WEIRD things of people. One of them wanting "my fucking JRPG" so you can imagine the laughter

imBask

Banned
I love the occasional dumb JRPG. You just can't dedicated your life to that shit, unless you have INCREDIBLY low standards

Sephzilla

So I spent most of my Halloween weekend moving into a new apartment (needed out of the old place, too many ex gf memories). Holy shit I'm sore and I'm really wishing I took today off from work.

Decided to treat myself a little and bought Halo 5. Pretty fun so far!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've never actually had a bad time at any live indie wrestling shows. Being there makes a hell of a lot of difference. That might be why I wish I could have experienced live wrestling pre-cable. That'd be an amazing thing, a product COMPLETELY and utterly tuned for the live audience and nothing more.

AJPW results

Jun Akiyama is the new Triple Crown champion, defeating Akebono. Because when you run the promotion, you're the best in it, got it. No wonder Shiozaki left that sinking ship.

Also, new matches added for NJPW POWER STRUGGLE. Along with the RPG Vice/Ricosydal finals, there's an eight-man tag featuring reDRagon teaming with the Time Splitters to face Omega, Owens, and the Young Bucks. Also, it has been confirmed that with Ibushi's injury, Tanahashi's partner against Okada and Sakuraba will be Shibata, which I'm thinking might lead to another Shibata/Saku match at WK10 (maybe Full Conclusion rules like MiSu/Saku last year?)

Also, with Ibushi's injury, it sucks, but NJPW wasn't really doing anything with him outside of him being the best buddy of Tanahashi/Goto/Shibata. NJPW says they will keep him on for his side of his joint contract. Hopefully, if he comes back, he leaves DDT - I know it's his home promotion and he wants to keep them alive, but it's really holding his career back if he continues to wrestle there. He put them on the map as a legitimate wrestling company and not a joke, and they have some really good young talents now - he doesn't owe them anything.

EDIT: Okay, I did some more research, and apparently Ibushi is under a full talent contract with DDT, meaning he can go through them for modeling, acting, etc. So in essence, he'd make more if he went back to DDT than stayed with New Japan.

AJPW results

Jun Akiyama is the new Triple Crown champion, defeating Akebono. Because when you run the promotion, you're the best in it, got it. No wonder Shiozaki left that sinking ship.

Akiyama has prestige, plus Miyahara holds a win over him from this year's Champion's Carnival so there's an easy set-up there - the reason Shiozaki left was because he didn't want to play second fiddle to Miyahara, which is a shame as Kento finally defeating his tag partner/mentor to win the Triple Crown seemed like the obvious way for him to become the promotion's main star. So now Akiyama has to provide the obstacle for Miyahara to overcome and can almost certainly do a better job of it that Akebono would have, if they play it right.

NJPW Power Struggle 2015, Saturday, November 7
Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium, Osaka, Japan

IWGP Intercontinental Championship match: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Karl Anderson

Super Junior Tag Tournament finals: Matt Sydal and Ricochet vs. Roppongi Vice

Hiroshi Tanahashi and Katsuyori Shibata vs. Kazuchika Okada and Kazushi Sakuraba

NEVER Openweight Championship match: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Tomoaki Honma

Bullet Club (A.J. Styles and Bad Luck Fale) vs. Chaos (Toru Yano and Yoshi-Hashi)

reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish) and Time Splitters (Alex Shelley and Kushida) vs. Bullet Club (Chase Owens, Kenny Omega, Matt Jackson, and Nick Jackson)

King of Darkness EVIL vs. Hirooki Goto

Captain New Japan, Juice Robinson, Togi Makabe vs. Bullet Club (Cody Hall, Doc Gallows, and Tama Tonga)

David Finlay, Jay White, Sho Tanaka, and Yohei Komatsu vs. Jushin Liger, Mascara Dorada, Ryusuke Taguchi, and Tiger Mask

Nakamura will announce his opponent for the open challenge at Wrestle Kingdom after Power Struggle, and the rest of the card is announced at the press conference later in the month.

EDIT: Okay, I did some more research, and apparently Ibushi is under a full talent contract with DDT, meaning he can go through them for modeling, acting, etc. So in essence, he'd make more if he went back to DDT than stayed with New Japan.

Didn't know about the "full talent" thing with DDT but the Observer story about Ibushi's injury says he's going to be extended by New Japan in January so guess he'll stay with both companies for a while.

Can't really do anything with Karl until he's dropped the tag belts - he definitely needs a singles run, stick Gallows elsewhere and rebuild Karl as a singles guy. A New Japan Cup win, perhaps.

Can't really do anything with Karl until he's dropped the tag belts - he definitely needs a singles run, stick Gallows elsewhere and rebuild Karl as a singles guy. A New Japan Cup win, perhaps.

I'd like to see New Japan send Karl to NOAH next year to head up a Bullet Club B team invasion. Anderson, Gallows, Tonga, and Cody Hall to get him some experience should be able to replace Suzuki-gun, who I assume will come back in 2016.

I'd like to see New Japan send Karl to NOAH next year to head up a Bullet Club B team invasion. Anderson, Gallows, Tonga, and Cody Hall to get him some experience should be able to replace Suzuki-gun, who I assume will come back in 2016.

Anderson and Tonga are definitely under-utilized.

Send Fale, Gallows, Cody Hall, and Tonga over. Maybe Chase Owens could go too to learn from the NOAH juniors, though I don't think NWA would approve.

And once Suzuki-gun come back, that could hopefully breathe some new life into the NJPW tag scene. We still have to get through Power Struggle before we can get to the World Tag League, but I wonder if NJPW will get The Kingdom, The Addiction, and The Briscoes in for it this year as has been rumored.

Now that WWE is in bed with Disney (through ESPN) and Universal (through USA and NBC), I doubt that we'll see wrestlers on the upcoming Star Trek TV series.

But when will we see a wrestler as a Star Wars henchman?

imBask

Banned
what are the odds of getting a second decent RAW in a row? they usually mess this one up to remind us that they're still clueless

Kazzy

Just watching the latest 'Table for 3' on WWE network, and Bo Dallas really has no charisma, does he?

He barely seems able to string words together in a normal setting - he's just so awkward!

Bandini

what are the odds of getting a second decent RAW in a row? they usually mess this one up to remind us that they're still clueless

Probably pretty low, last week they had a tournament to frame the action around. This week things will likely be back to happening with little rhyme or reason.

Top Bottom