• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
sf4xkOt.gif

Been meaning to ask where is this gif from. Its so good

Had a great time in Austin at Inspire Pro Wrestling's TAGGCADE event, also my first non-WWE wrestling event ever.

I went in knowing absolutely nothing about the storylines or characters, but still had a blast with a great 2-out-of-3 match between "Absolute” Ricky Starks and Dirty Andy Dalton, Veda Scott vs. Jessica James, an excellent intergender match (!!!) that was FnP between James and Delilah Doom vs. The Hooded Menace (The Great Depression & The Hollywood Strangler), and a “Survival of the Fittest” GAUNTLET-style match for the tag team titles.

Also had WrassleGAF's second favorite wrestling personality, Brandon Stroud, as the ring announcer.

Good times all around.

Hi all, I'm a lurker in these wrasslin' threads, but last night was my first time as well , absolutely had a blast. Same boat as you, knew nothing of the folks involved but came away loving it. Me and my bud are the guys in your first pic front row on left. The champ match and the brawl at the end were fun.

Bonus points for all the hilarious crowd chants. And whoever the drunk birthday girl was.

Negative points to the old dude with his grandkids who didn't do anything with his phone until Jessica's thong was somewhat peeking out her tights and I heard his camera clicking 300 times.

I had a great time at TAGGCADE too.

So happy to see more and more folks getting turned on to Inspire Pro. I'm only sad you both missed LAST MONTH'S show, BattleWars2, with Chikara, because that was a blast.

Next time y'all come to an Inspire Pro show, PM me, and we'll have a brief GAF meetup -- READ: BEERS -- or something at intermission!

The debut of the Princes of the Universe (Donavan Danhausen and Terrale Tempo) was awesome. That tag team will be money in Inspire Pro. Crazy that this is the third show ever for both guys in Inspire. The crowd has taken to both these guys faster than any two guys I've ever seen. Now that they are together as a tag team, and in the same stable with fan favorites like Keith Lee and Delilah Doom, it's gonna be a big act.

I loved Tim Storm/Davey Vega vs. the unlikely team of Matt Palmer/Andy Dalton soooooo much. Tim Storm is becoming one of my favorite performers on the planet. The grizzled, vet powerhouse that just beats people up with ferocious intensity... And seeing a crowd go from "Die Dalton Die!" for literally over a YEAR, to "Live Dalton Live!" in the span of a couple of hours is something I'll remember for a long time. As new Inspire Pro fans, you guys probably didn't quite get the total impact of that, but trust me, it was huge.

Delilah Doom's new ring gear is THE BEST ring gear. I'm not taking any more nominations. The voting is over.

Delilah also gets bonus points for the hilarious section where she charmed the hulking Great Depression, and tricked him into laying down, and ALMOST got the pin!

You guys probably didn't get the storyline thing with "Lady Void," in the Jessica/Veda angle, but it's a thing that has gone on at Inspire Pro since the very beginning. Basically, various men (and now women) have come out dressed as "The Void" to make a surprise entry into matches at Inspire. A couple months ago, while "defending" her title, Veda had a "Lady Void" as her "challenger," but it was soon clear that she wasn't an actual challenger, but someone working for Veda.

But it was great seeing Jessica James finally get the XX Division title. Nobody in Inspire Pro (and probably all of Texas) carries the banner for the women like her. Veda Scott was a lot of fun in that match too. I have given her a lot of shit, but she is a fun heel to watch.

Anybody gonna be at FunFunFunFest? Regardless, those shows will be up for free on YouTube, for anyone that wants to check out some Inspire Pro for free.

The next event, in January will be HOT. In addition to the much-anticipated debut of Eddie Kingston, I've seen a few of the juicier bits of the rest of the card and can assure you, you'll want to try to be there for that one.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Austin has a really hot scene.

When you have an indy show doing this on Twitter in a tech city, and even beating out the Texas Monthly BBQ Fest, you've gotta be doing something right:

CSxiIusUcAALAx4.png

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - B-
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+
SuperBrawl V - D+
Uncensored '95 - F
WrestleMania XI - D+
In Your House 1 - C-
Slamboree '95 - C-
The Great American Bash '95 - D
King of the Ring '95 - F
Bash at the Beach '95 - F
In Your House 2: The Lumberjacks - C
Clash of the Champions XXXI - C
SummerSlam '95 - C+
Fall Brawl '95 - D+
In Your House 3: Triple Header - C+
In Your House 4: Great White North - D+
Halloween Havoc '95 - F
Survivor Series '95 - C+
World War 3 '95 - C
In Your House 5: Seasons Beatings - C-
Starrcade '95 - B-

Royal Rumble '96 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXXII - C
SuperBrawl VI - D+
In Your House 6: Rage in the Cage - C-
Uncensored '96 - D
WrestleMania XII - B-
In Your House 7: Good Friends, Better Enemies - C-
Slamboree '96 - C
In Your House 8: Beware of Dog - B-
The Great American Bash '96 - B
King of the Ring '96 - B-
Bash at the Beach '96 - B
In Your House 9: International Incident - C-
Hog Wild - C
Clash of the Champions XXXIII - C+
SummerSlam '96 - D+
Fall Brawl '96 - B
In Your House 10: Mind Games - C
In Your House 11: Buried Alive - C+
Halloween Havoc '96 - C+
Survivor Series '96 - B-
World War 3 '96 - B-
In Your House 12: It's Time - C
Starrcade '96 - B-

Royal Rumble '97 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXXIV - C
Souled Out '97 - F
In Your House 13: Final Four - C+
SuperBrawl VII - C-
Uncensored '97 - B-
WrestleMania 13 - C
Spring Stampede '97 - C+
Barely Legal '97 - C-
In Your House 14: Revenge of the Taker - C-
In Your House 15: A Cold Day in Hell - C
Slamboree '97 - B-
King of the Ring '97 - D+
The Great American Bash '97 - C
In Your House 16: Canadian Stampede - B-
Bash at the Beach '97 - B
SummerSlam '97 - B
Road Wild '97 - D+
Hardcore Heaven '97 - C
Clash of the Champions XXXV - B-
Ground Zero: In Your House - D+
One Night Only - C
Badd Blood: In Your House - D+
Survivor Series '97 - C+
November to Remember '97 - C
D-Generation X: In Your House - C
The final Clash of the Champions is in the books. It was weird and enjoyable. What a get by the nWo when the Dinner and a Movie hosts turned on WCW, right? And how about spooky Sting and his ominous vulture? :O

klonere

Banned
Jesus that Dragon Gate show from this morning was incredible, would highly recommend to anybody. Even with zero context for anything it was an easy watch for me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus that Dragon Gate show from this morning was incredible, would highly recommend to anybody. Even with zero context for anything it was an easy watch for me.

Can't wait to check it out. I've been so busy! :( uguu

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I broke down and got 2K16.

Someone please post ravenwhatamark.gif

DMczaf

His appearance on Jericho's shitty podcast was great too, and worth tracking down. He talked a lot about how he helped Bryan out and wanted to, and how he wanted to do all the house shows he could because that's where the fun shit is. Dave's a great, great man and all Bryan fans should be ashamed of their behavior.

For one, I didn’t want to go back as a babyface. I said it’s not going to work, they don’t want to see me as a babyface. I’m the worst babyface ever. But I’m a good heel, I know how to be a heel, I’m comfortable being a heel and the fans want me to be a heel. But they tried to shove me down everybody’s throats and they rebelled. They’re not idiots and they don’t like it and they don’t want it.

More like Bryan fans saved him, SunnyMac.

Nice attempt to try to berry Bryan fans, tho!

What did you think of Kotoka? That's the guy who goes BLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHH a lot, lol
he won the Brave Gate from Tozawa
. Reception's been pretty mixed for him, the western fans seem split between liking or hating the gimmick, but apparently he's generation real go-away heat with the native audience, which surprised me tbh.

The back to back Triangle, Twin and Dream Gate matches were all a ton of fun though, especially the main event - also, Doi & YAMATO are, for my money, probably the most unsung tag team of the year. Great match with T-Hawk & Yoshino, very impressed with how T-Hawk's rebounded from the Millennial's splitting up.

Zach

Can't wait till Zach gets to TNA ppvs.

nothing but A+ stuff there

When did TNA start? I can't see doing this long after WCW's dissolution. I mean, that's gonna be challenging in itself. Especially if WWE doesn't add the rest of the gah dang Nitros -- Jesus!

I broke down and got 2K16.

Someone please post ravenwhatamark.gif

Please do a WrassleGAF league to rival NeoGAF Vince's. Users have to pick a side. I'll be the first to make the jump. I'll shock the world and Rick Rude it to Vince's chagrin.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
RoboRenee is far more terrifying in game than I ever could have imagined going by the pictures.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Please do a WrassleGAF league to rival NeoGAF Vince's. Users have to pick a side. I'll be the first to make the jump. I'll shock the world and Rick Rude it to Vince's chagrin.

Damn, not a fan of the gimmick change I see.

At least you're being booked Zach, I'm getting the 'Creative has nothing for you' bullshit. I was 1/3 of the Tag Titles before the Government closed down SunnyMac.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
At least you're being booked Zach, I'm getting the 'Creative has nothing for you' bullshit. I was 1/3 of the Tag Titles before the Government closed down SunnyMac.

don't gimme that

z2TLyHt.png

klonere

Banned
What did you think of Kotoka? That's the guy who goes BLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHH a lot, lol
he won the Brave Gate from Tozawa
. Reception's been pretty mixed for him, the western fans seem split between liking or hating the gimmick, but apparently he's generation real go-away heat with the native audience, which surprised me tbh.

The back to back Triangle, Twin and Dream Gate matches were all a ton of fun though, especially the main event - also, Doi & YAMATO are, for my money, probably the most unsung tag team of the year. Great match with T-Hawk & Yoshino, very impressed with how T-Hawk's rebounded from the Millennial's splitting up.

He was....fine? The BLEEEEEEHHHHH stuff I can deal with and I thought the Tozawa guy was the standout performer. I think I'd have to watch another few matches with him in it to see if he was really as annoying as you say people think he is.

T-Hawk was one of the first guys in DG I've started to recognize from the random matches I can find of the promotion but that's mainly because he's got that Street Fighter character's name. I was also shocked to find out that Mochizuki was 45 fucking years old, what a performance from a guy his age.

The whole constant stable warfare seems really cool but its a bit impenetrable at first given that its all in Japanese. I'd probably need to sit down and really read up on all the goings on in DG to get a true appreciation for the storylines. Still as I said a fantastic show.

Angry Grimace

The CAW stuff is pretty amusing, but I have no clue how the actual game even works other than you have like .01 seconds to press R2 or you get hit with a backbreaker. Like, even if I knew the animation, the reversal trigger is at some completely random time for each move and you don't know that the opponent is doing that move anyways.

Basically I put it on Easy and set all my moves to DDTs.

Menome

I'm loyal to Vince, we're both Life Is Strange marks.

Akiyama has prestige, plus Miyahara holds a win over him from this year's Champion's Carnival so there's an easy set-up there - the reason Shiozaki left was because he didn't want to play second fiddle to Miyahara, which is a shame as Kento finally defeating his tag partner/mentor to win the Triple Crown seemed like the obvious way for him to become the promotion's main star. So now Akiyama has to provide the obstacle for Miyahara to overcome and can almost certainly do a better job of it that Akebono would have, if they play it right.

Eh, I've never been a big fan of Akiyama's...his best matches to me are when he's paired up with better opponents (Misawa, Kobashi, Kawada, Marufuji) but he does make a good smarmy shithead heel. And while Miyahara is definitely the heir apparent, Akiyama giving himself the rights to do the honors just comes off as very Misawa to me (yes, I know Misawa probably taught Akiyama everything he knows - that's not necessarily a good thing). It also makes me think that whenever his promotion is in trouble (like if Miyahara can't draw) he'll put the belt on himself again, like Misawa was wont to do. That said, there's a huge youth movement in Puro right now thanks to Okada's success, and it feels like All Japan is trying to ape that by pushing Miyahara.

I agree, it's probably the right move, but I don't know if it will help AJPW any.

Ithil

His appearance on Jericho's shitty podcast was great too, and worth tracking down. He talked a lot about how he helped Bryan out and wanted to, and how he wanted to do all the house shows he could because that's where the fun shit is. Dave's a great, great man and all Bryan fans should be ashamed of their behavior.

So you want what, "We are not booing the person playing the Batista character but are disagreeing with the creative decision of his being forced into this WM main event instead of the person the audience as a whole has been wanting for a long time" chants? Giving Chuck Taylor a run for his money?

klonere

Banned
Eh, I've never been a big fan of Akiyama's...his best matches to me are when he's paired up with better opponents (Misawa, Kobashi, Kawada, Marufuji) but he does make a good smarmy shithead heel. And while Miyahara is definitely the heir apparent, Akiyama giving himself the rights to do the honors just comes off as very Misawa to me (yes, I know Misawa probably taught Akiyama everything he knows - that's not necessarily a good thing). It also makes me think that whenever his promotion is in trouble (like if Miyahara can't draw) he'll put the belt on himself again, like Misawa was wont to do. That said, there's a huge youth movement in Puro right now thanks to Okada's success, and it feels like All Japan is trying to ape that by pushing Miyahara.

I agree, it's probably the right move, but I don't know if it will help AJPW any.

It's kinda hard to know what will help AJPW right now. Driving towards Miyahara as the ace seems to be smart enough but whether it'll equal buys is another thing altogether.

I wish they'd do more with Aoki in a singles capacity though that dude is great.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The thing is

Akiyama's never been a big draw either. Dude's as B+ as it gets. He was like proto-Marufuji.

Shiozaki is one of the best workers of 2015 and has impressed me with every single one of his matches during his reign. I can't blame him for leaving though. Like if you could go to NJPW in 2015, the only reason you'd stay in AJPW is because you think you can be number one.

The whole constant stable warfare seems really cool but its a bit impenetrable at first given that its all in Japanese. I'd probably need to sit down and really read up on all the goings on in DG to get a true appreciation for the storylines. Still as I said a fantastic show.

Yeah, it can definitely be hard to keep track of what's going on, especially at the moment as we're in the midst of a big unit shuffle - T-Hawk's unit dissolved and he joined Monster Express, Shingo turned on Monster Express and formed VerserK with the guys previously in Mad Blankey, CIMA & Gamma formed their new unit Over Generation with Eita and the rookies of the promotion, Flamita joined Dia.HEARTS....I think that's all of it, haha.

Following http://www.iheartdg.com/ is a must, Jae does a fantastic job of translating promos and keeping non-Japanese speaking fans up to date.

The stables are currently;

. VerserK: Shingo Takagi (Dream Gate Champion), Naruki Doi & YAMATO (Twin Gate Champions), Kotoka (Brave Gate Champion), Cyber Kong, Naoki Tanizaki & Mondai Ryu
. Monster Express: Akira Tozawa, T-Hawk, Masato Yoshino, Ricochet & Shachihoko BOY
. Jimmyz: Ryo 'Jimmy' Saito, Jimmy Kanda, Jimmy Susumu, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! & Jimmy Kness J.K.S.
. Dia.HEARTS: BxB Hulk, Masaaki Mochizuki, Big R Shimizu, Dragon Kid, Kzy & Flamita
. Over Generation: CIMA, Gamma, Eita, El Lindaman, Punch Tominaga, Kaito Ishida & Takehiro Yamamura

The thing is

Akiyama's never been a big draw either. Dude's as B+ as it gets. He was like proto-Marufuji.

Akiyama suffered more than most from the All Japan split and the excesses of the King's Road style by the late 90's - they didn't do enough to establish him in AJPW, then he was asked to do too much early on in NOAH. I'd agree that he's not a draw, but then again Shiozaki's run as Triple Crown champion didn't do wonders for All Japan's drawing ability either, but Akiyama is respected both by current AJPW fans and those who don't watch the current product.

I don't think any of AJPW's problems are an easy fix, it's going to take time and a good run of quality shows to bring the fans back in any sizable number.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nice try what? I've never heard of the game.

Beef. Come on. Don't be a child.

You post on GAF. GAF as a collective, has shoved Nier down everyone's throats. You cannot pretend like you haven't heard of it. Every person posting on this message board has had that kideo slapped around their face at least a few times.

GAF ain't a hivemind, but the topics don't lie. If you actually have no idea what Nier is, you're an idiot. I know you're not an idiot.

That said Nier is ok.

Beef. Come on. Don't be a child.

You post on GAF. GAF as a collective, has shoved Nier down everyone's throats. You cannot pretend like you haven't heard of it. Every person posting on this message board has had that kideo slapped around their face at least a few times.

GAF ain't a hivemind, but the topics don't lie. If you actually have no idea what Nier is, you're an idiot. I know you're not an idiot.

That said Nier is ok.

But I haven't. I'm not being a child, I honestly have no idea what Nier is.

That never got a PC port, annoyingly. I've sold my 360 and PS3 since joining GAF and thus can't now go and check it out.

It's true, only a little bit of exposure to neogaf will make you want to get rid of your video games and never look back.

Nier is okay, nothing about it plays well, one of those greater than the sum of its parts things.

Top Bottom