• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Should probably post the ICW card for the 15th before I forget. Biggest show in the UK in many years, should be interesting.

HsYNGzH.jpg

Had a great time in Austin at Inspire Pro Wrestling's TAGGCADE event, also my first non-WWE wrestling event ever.

I went in knowing absolutely nothing about the storylines or characters, but still had a blast with a great 2-out-of-3 match between "Absolute” Ricky Starks and Dirty Andy Dalton, Veda Scott vs. Jessica James, an excellent intergender match (!!!) that was FnP between James and Delilah Doom vs. The Hooded Menace (The Great Depression & The Hollywood Strangler), and a “Survival of the Fittest” GAUNTLET-style match for the tag team titles.

Also had WrassleGAF's second favorite wrestling personality, Brandon Stroud, as the ring announcer.

Good times all around.

Hi all, I'm a lurker in these wrasslin' threads, but ;ast night was my first time as well , absolutely had a blast. Same boat as you, knew nothing of the folks involved but came away loving it. Me and my bud are the guys in your first pic front row on left. The champ match and the brawl at the end were fun.

Bonus points for all the hilarious crowd chants. And whoever the drunk birthday girl was.

Negative points to the old dude with his grandkids who didn't do anything with his phone until Jessica's thong was somewhat peeking out her tights and I heard his camera clicking 300 times.

QBghsSD.jpg

and the superkick that ended Jessica
IxlzTKq.jpg

shanafan

Just watching the latest 'Table for 3' on WWE network, and Bo Dallas really has no charisma, does he?

He barely seems able to string words together in a normal setting - he's just so awkward!

Is Samoa Joe on that episode too?

Zach

Is NeoGAF Vince McMahon's 2K16 league going head-to-head with RAW tonight to start a new Monday Night War??

Bronx-Man

Banned
Who would you pick to debut as Sissa Abbygail?
Stephanie McMahon. Way back during the higher power angle, Vince had Undertaker imprint a piece of his power into Steph's soul. Steph became a vessel with the purpose of embedding the Undertaker's power into a new deadman. She chose to give the power to Bray in exchange that he do her bidding forever, leading to a WWE where Steph is the sole owner and the Wyatt Family holds all the titles.

Stephanie McMahon. Way back during the higher power angle, Vince had Undertaker imprint a piece of his power into Steph's soul. Steph became a vessel with the purpose of embedding the Undertaker's power into a new deadman. She chose to give the power to Bray in exchange that he do her bidding forever, leading to a WWE where Steph is the sole owner and the Wyatt Family holds all the titles.
Oh god no

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just watching the latest 'Table for 3' on WWE network, and Bo Dallas really has no charisma, does he?

He barely seems able to string words together in a normal setting - he's just so awkward!

You crazy? He came off great in that ep. Loved it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hi all, I'm a lurker in these wrasslin' threads, but ;ast night was my first time as well , absolutely had a blast. Same boat as you, knew nothing of the folks involved but came away loving it. Me and my bud are the guys in your first pic front row on left. The champ match and the brawl at the end were fun.

Bonus points for all the hilarious crowd chants. And whoever the drunk birthday girl was.

Negative points to the old dude with his grandkids who didn't do anything with his phone until Jessica's thong was somewhat peeking out her tights and I heard his camera clicking 300 times.

First off, welcome goddammit welcome. FAVE FIVE

Is NeoGAF Vince McMahon's 2K16 league going head-to-head with RAW tonight to start a new Monday Night War??

Not tonight. Not ready yet. Still building the talent pool. These things take time.

But soon...and it'll be after Raw.

bjork

Last night was my first post-vacation shift. Now that I'm home, I'm feeling it. Think I'm gonna go turn the bed up and get all warm.

Cesaro should get a slot on Team Undertaker, he's good in those 3-4 man tag matches.

I've been guessing that Ambrose and Cesaro would be likely candidates for Team Taker.
In which for better or for worse Cesaro looks like the one normal man in a ring full of gimmickry.

imBask

Banned
Are we talking main roster, or in all of wrasslin' and all of time?

Main Roster
1. New Day (if not allowed, make them 1,2,3)
2. Owens
3. Sasha
4. Rusev
5. Kan....hahahahaha no. Let's go with Cesaro.

New Day get the freebird rule even in fav fives, it's fine

jmdajr

“Relive Brock Lesnar’s destructive introduction and rise to the top of WWE, spanning March 2002 to March 2004, with the addition of more than 170 hours of Raw and SmackDown episodes to the award-winning WWE Network. Watch The Beast Incarnate’s first appearance on Raw, WWE Championship reign on SmackDown and much more anytime, anywhere on demand.”

What they really mean

HelpfulOffensiveBasil.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are we talking main roster, or in all of wrasslin' and all of time?

Main Roster
1. New Day (if not allowed, make them 1,2,3)
2. Owens
3. Sasha
4. Rusev
5. Kan....hahahahaha no. Let's go with Cesaro.

Alright, alright...

How about all-time?

Brotista interview:

On acting advice he got from The Rock: “It’s a very hard transition and you’re already under a microscope. For one they label you, and everybody will look for an excuse they can to be negative about what you’re doing. I always found it amazing that he was able to go from film to wrestling and back to film to wrestling and he described it as quicksand especially with the WWE because they are very controlling. They’re not the easiest company to deal with. And he said don’t get caught in the quicksand, you’re not trapped here, you have to be strong and have to stand your ground. If this is what you want to do you have to make it known and you’re not going to deviate from that plan.”

On if he would have changed anything about his last run in WWE: “I don’t know if it would go any different because it was just butting heads. I was just constantly butting heads with them creatively which is something we talked about well beforehand and I was promised things that weren’t delivered to me. For one, I didn’t want to go back as a babyface. I said it’s not going to work, they don’t want to see me as a babyface. I’m the worst babyface ever. But I’m a good heel, I know how to be a heel, I’m comfortable being a heel and the fans want me to be a heel. But they tried to shove me down everybody’s throats and they rebelled. They’re not idiots and they don’t like it and they don’t want it. Then it became a state of confusion where they didn’t know what they wanted to do with me so they’d just send me out every week regurgitating the same crap and it was just horrible.”

On if he would return to WWE: “Oh yeah. At the end of the day I love WWE and I’ve proven that I wouldn’t wrestle anywhere else. I feel like wrestling anywhere else would be a step down. I love the company and I will always be appreciative for what they’ve done for me. I would love to go back, they’re just really hard to deal with and also right now my passion is acting and I’m pursuing it. But if the opportunity comes up and they were a little more flexible with me as far as creative, I’d love to. But also, I would do it in a heartbeat and I don’t want big money, I don’t want a limited schedule, if they would allow me to go back and just do house shows I’d be all over it. Because then you just skip all of the red tape and you don’t have to deal with the writers and all that bullsh*t. And my thing is wrestling. Wrestlers. Audience. Ring. That’s all I want.”

DMczaf

From interviews, it seems like Batista is very much of the Rock mind set of This Business.

Even though he was promised a title run, he understood what was going on with Bryan and gave that up because it was Best For Business.

Miss you Big Dave.

Fox318

Its a shame that the WWE isn't a healthy company when it comes with dealing with talent wanting to be part time.

The best exposure wrestling gets is when guys do movies or something else.

jmdajr

Dave is good people.

We did him a disservice. And not really we because I didn't do shit. Felt bad for the dude.

imBask

Banned
Dave is good people.

We did him a disservice. And not really we because I didn't do shit. Felt bad for the dude.

we didn't do shit, he was forced in at the worst possible moment, the reaction he got was ok if you consider that it wasn't actually against HIM

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
From interviews, it seems like Batista is very much of the Rock mind set of This Business.

Even though he was promised a title run, he understood what was going on with Bryan and gave that up because it was Best For Business.

Miss you Big Dave.

His appearance on Jericho's shitty podcast was great too, and worth tracking down. He talked a lot about how he helped Bryan out and wanted to, and how he wanted to do all the house shows he could because that's where the fun shit is. Dave's a great, great man and all Bryan fans should be ashamed of their behavior.

His appearance on Jericho's shitty podcast was great too, and worth tracking down. He talked a lot about how he helped Bryan out and wanted to, and how he wanted to do all the house shows he could because that's where the fun shit is. Dave's a great, great man and all Bryan fans should be ashamed of their behavior.

Why would they apologize? Got several hot crowds on Raw, tons of great moments, and it culminated into one of the best WM main events of all time and was a great mark out moment. Even Batista understood this.

10/10 would do again.

Ex-wrestler Snuka pleads not guilty in '83 death of mistress

AP said:
Snuka was arraigned Monday in Lehigh County Court in Allentown. His girlfriend, 23-year-old Nancy Argentino of New York, was found dead in May 1983 after authorities were called to a Whitehall Township hotel room she was sharing with Snuka. Defense attorney Robert Kirwan II has called her death an "unfortunate accident."

At his court appearance, Snuka did not appear to know the day of the week or the location of the courthouse. His attorney said the 72-year-old has early-onset dementia and post-concussion syndrome. Snuka told the judge he can't read or write English.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why would they apologize? Got several hot crowds on Raw, tons of great moments, and it culminated into one of the best WM main events of all time and was a great mark out moment. Even Batista understood this.

10/10 would do again.

Yup. And he didn't deserve to be shit on for it. He took the shit and smiles. Bless you Big Dave. As much as people love to talk about how great it was, let's never forget that Big Dave suffered so those midget fucks could be happy. Dave did this for your kind. For every basement-dwelling, DVD-burning, indie show talk-about-going-but-not-actually-going, "won't part with my beard" acting manlet, Dave suffered for all of you.

#ThankYouBatista

imBask

Banned

people booed Rey, it had nothing to do with the wrestlers, that time the fans broke kayfabe for real

I know you'll defend Vince, but he really fucked up with his booking on that thing

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
people booed Rey, it had nothing to do with the wrestlers, that time the fans broke kayfabe for real

I know you'll defend Vince, but he really fucked up with his booking on that thing

Doesn't seem like it, it seems like Vince's booking did everything people wanted. There's nothing to defend - it's not like someone stopped Vince's ideas. Vince has full control. Vince did well. A+ work.

imBask

Banned
Doesn't seem like it, it seems like Vince's booking did everything people wanted. There's nothing to defend - it's not like someone stopped Vince's ideas. Vince has full control. Vince did well. A+ work.

I'm excited to see if was can complete the hat trick of shitty rumbles

you just wait, Roman will be the first WWE Champion to win the Rumble and have a 30min sit down promo as the WM main event

Top Bottom