• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

xeCfXls.jpg

"It's all FnP, friends"

Hey when is raw on tonight, since it's in the UK i'd imagine they are performing right now? Do they just tape it live and show it at the regular US time or what?

Hey guys, if you could make one guy on the roster wear shorts instead of pants, and another wear pants instead of shorts, who would you choose?

*Excluding Bayley

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, if you could make one guy on the roster wear shorts instead of pants, and another wear pants instead of shorts, who would you choose?

*Excluding Bayley

Shorts vs pants can change EVERYTHING for a character. It's different and weird but good for Dog Ziggler, and when Miz went from his pants/shorts thing to trunks, it was different and weird.

For now, I'd say seeing R-Truth going to trunks would be dope. He briefly wore shorts with R-Ziggler and it was good, he has good legs. As for someone that needs to cover up more, Bo Dallas should get them jeans on.

One of my top three Professor Beef moments.
Others include...
- The time he had a dream that Nash and (drunk) Hall were trying to run him and Daniel Bryan over for being vanilla midgets
- When he left Tazz legit shook on twitter.

I may not always (or ever when it comes to video games) see eye to eye with Beefers but he's a guaranteed Wrasslegaf Hall of Famer.
That dream is still one of my favorites lmao. All because they thought me and dbrine were trying to take their spots.
you were both approved in the same wave. I believe Heavy also was

I'm pretty sure he started posting waaaaay after I did though, by around a year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm holding out hope that Kevin Owens' ring gear will be changed into a city-specific sports-patterned Snuggie.

Fox318

honestly I wish there was a rule where you had to wear tights or no shirt unless you are a gimmick low card wrestler like a hockey player or lawyer.

Cloth shirts and other shit take away chops.

Counting down the days until the 6th when I will attempt to get WrestleMania tickets.

Between that and the travel costs my wallet is going to be hurting for a while if I can nab a ticket.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know why people think the Triple H / WWE requests are worth laughing at or whatever. It doesn't make sense for them to not try to protect one of their biggest Superstars. It wouldn't match the branding. There's nothing at all wrong with it. It's important that their kideo games keep consistent themes and branding seeing as it's promotional.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I don't know why people think the Triple H / WWE requests are worth laughing at or whatever. It doesn't make sense for them to not try to protect one of their biggest Superstars. It wouldn't match the branding. There's nothing at all wrong with it. It's important that their kideo games keep consistent themes and branding seeing as it's promotional.

I won't give you the satisfaction of an avatar quote.

Ithil

It's hilariously semantic and petty to try and have demand that a guy not "look weak" in a screenshot of a video game on some review site.

I had a great time at TAGGCADE too.

So happy to see more and more folks getting turned on to Inspire Pro. I'm only sad you both missed LAST MONTH'S show, BattleWars2, with Chikara, because that was a blast.

Next time y'all come to an Inspire Pro show, PM me, and we'll have a brief GAF meetup -- READ: BEERS -- or something at intermission!

The debut of the Princes of the Universe (Donavan Danhausen and Terrale Tempo) was awesome. That tag team will be money in Inspire Pro. Crazy that this is the third show ever for both guys in Inspire. The crowd has taken to both these guys faster than any two guys I've ever seen. Now that they are together as a tag team, and in the same stable with fan favorites like Keith Lee and Delilah Doom, it's gonna be a big act.

I loved Tim Storm/Davey Vega vs. the unlikely team of Matt Palmer/Andy Dalton soooooo much. Tim Storm is becoming one of my favorite performers on the planet. The grizzled, vet powerhouse that just beats people up with ferocious intensity... And seeing a crowd go from "Die Dalton Die!" for literally over a YEAR, to "Live Dalton Live!" in the span of a couple of hours is something I'll remember for a long time. As new Inspire Pro fans, you guys probably didn't quite get the total impact of that, but trust me, it was huge.

Delilah Doom's new ring gear is THE BEST ring gear. I'm not taking any more nominations. The voting is over.

Delilah also gets bonus points for the hilarious section where she charmed the hulking Great Depression, and tricked him into laying down, and ALMOST got the pin!

You guys probably didn't get the storyline thing with "Lady Void," in the Jessica/Veda angle, but it's a thing that has gone on at Inspire Pro since the very beginning. Basically, various men (and now women) have come out dressed as "The Void" to make a surprise entry into matches at Inspire. A couple months ago, while "defending" her title, Veda had a "Lady Void" as her "challenger," but it was soon clear that she wasn't an actual challenger, but someone working for Veda.

But it was great seeing Jessica James finally get the XX Division title. Nobody in Inspire Pro (and probably all of Texas) carries the banner for the women like her. Veda Scott was a lot of fun in that match too. I have given her a lot of shit, but she is a fun heel to watch.

Anybody gonna be at FunFunFunFest? Regardless, those shows will be up for free on YouTube, for anyone that wants to check out some Inspire Pro for free.

The next event, in January will be HOT. In addition to the much-anticipated debut of Eddie Kingston, I've seen a few of the juicier bits of the rest of the card and can assure you, you'll want to try to be there for that one.

When you have an indy show doing this on Twitter in a tech city, and even beating out the Texas Monthly BBQ Fest, you've gotta be doing something right:

CSxiIusUcAALAx4.png

Thanks for the backstory/insight! Makes a bit more sense, despite its being perfectly enjoyable without.

Hot damn, we could have had a micro WrassleGAF meet-up last night!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gotta make Roman look strong!

Is that a real thing in the game? Because haha.

I don't know, I played MyCareer mode and spent the first 4 matches jobbing to Breezus because I couldn't figure out how to fucking play so I turned the difficulty down. It was sort of weird that MyCareer mode is pretty much non-kayfabe (e.g. you're instructed to put on good matches and deliver good promos, as opposed to win) except that you're not actually told whether you're doing the job or going over.

I don't know, I played MyCareer mode and spent the first 4 matches jobbing to Breezus because I couldn't figure out how to fucking play so I turned the difficulty down. It was sort of weird that MyCareer mode is pretty much non-kayfabe (e.g. you're instructed to put on good matches and deliver good promos, as opposed to win) except that you're not actually told whether you're doing the job or going over.

You could pay $9.99 for the MyPlayer KickStart to level up your created Superstar ratings and attributes in the MyCareer mode, MAGGLE.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You could pay $9.99 for the MyPlayer KickStart to level up your created Superstar ratings and attributes in the MyCareer mode, MAGGLE.

How much do I pay for the mode that lets Reversals have more than a .1 second window

DMczaf

Would he be able to outdo Suda51, who wrote the storyline for Super Fire Pro wrestling that ended with your character killing himself after realizing how empty the life of a professional wrestler is?

I thought you made that shit up until I google'd it

http://suda51.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Fire_Prowrestling_Special

The plot follows the path of a fictional pro wrestler attempting to prove himself as the strongest there is. Through a long train of ranked matches, he slowly gains notoriety as a wrestler as well as the grudging respect of his contemporaries.

The hero encounters Akira Maeda's fictional sister and falls in love with her, but she spurns his romantic intents, causing him to fall into a deep depression. To make matters worse, just before his championship match, he watches as his American trainer is killed right before his eyes. Even after becoming the undisputed pro wrestling champion of the world, it's a hollow victory without anyone to share it with. Deciding that everything was all a waste of time, he commits suicide.

#shoot

Xater

Yeah, it's a real thing in the game.

somedevil

First announced Raw match:

Tonight's WWE RAW from Denver will feature Paige vs. Brie Bella vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks in a Fatal 4 Way. The winner will face WWE Divas Champion Charlotte at the November 22nd Survivor Series pay-per-view.

Sounds fine though a triple threat would of been better.

UberTag

Roman going to talk enough how he is the little engine that could

Balee dat
I don't care what BS nonsense Roman spouts tonight.
Just so long as that belt gets wrapped around his waist in 3 weeks that's all that matters.
He can go back to chirping Vince-endorsed nursery rhymes for all I care.

Hopefully he goes into full 'John Cena Circus Ringmaster' mode while Cena is away planning how to defeat Alberto five straight times upon his return.

Aiii

So not worth it
Random number one contender's match for the Divas Title so they don't have to book the women in actual storylines? #DivasSameOldShit.

Triple H era now on the network

WWE has added 170 new hours of Raw and Smackdown from March 2002 to March 2004 to the network. It's built around being able to see Brock Lesnar, who is by far the most watched performer, in his first run with the company.

Angry Grimace

Random number one contender's match for the Divas Title so they don't have to book the women in actual storylines? #DivasSameOldShit.

Having actual contenders and matches to set them up are better storylines than anything they've come up with in the last six months on either the men's or women's sides.

Top Bottom