• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

klonere

Banned
Sasha Banks (c) vs Bayley NXT Takeover: Brooklyn

Essential viewing for the potential of modern women's wrestling within the WWE.

Mahonay

Banned
92' man. Macho Man on top. Wins the title against Flair at Mania in an amazing match. The following year he's told he shouldn't wrestle any more, and is sent instead to blurt out incoherent nonsense on commentary.

I'm not seeing you guys suggest enough WCW matches. Where is Data West? Gimme some Steamboat/Rude or something.

Oh, there are some great War Games matches...

Edit: Oh, and I'd argue that The Outsiders + THE THIRD MAN vs. Team WCW would have to be Required Viewing. Maybe Goldberg vs. Hogan? That reaction...

I'm realizing that Hogan is the greatest wrestler of all time, brother.

Great wargames, come on zach.

Flair vs Funk from Clash of the Champions 9 is my pick.

also the mainevent of when worlds collide

CUBs4WAW4AACfAJ.jpg

Zach

My point was to highlight how flash in the ring does not make for a great match. Ric that evening showed it isn't a necessity at all. He came in, did the work, got out and did it masterfully. His performance, any performance, is all that matters.

Ah, yes.

Sasha Banks (c) vs Bayley NXT Takeover: Brooklyn

Essential viewing for the potential of modern women's wrestling within the WWE.

Yeah, dude.

Raw64life

I actually enjoyed Royal Rumble on SNES quite a bit as a kid despite it being an LJN game. Playing now though it is shallow as fuck and you can break the game with ease.

Anth0ny

My last post made me think: it'd be fun if we could somehow pull off a for realz WrassleGAF Required Viewing. I know it would be impossible with all of you kidders and nutters, but a man can dream.

Anyway, the aforementioned Bret vs. Austin (WrestleMania 13) would be on there. Hogan vs. Warrior (WrestleMania VI) also immediately comes to mind.

We've probably talked about this before...

The WrassleGAF required viewing starter deck:

Bret vs. Austin (Mania 13, aka the GOAT)
Shawn vs. Taker (Mania 25)
Shawn vs. Taker (HIAC 1997)
John Cena vs. CM Punk (MITB 2011)
Rock vs. Austin (Mania X7)
Rock vs. Hogan (Mania X8)
Mankind vs. Taker (KOTR 1998)
TLC 2 (Mania X7)

literally off the top of my head and nothing before 97 because I've barely even watched that stuff

Also, would stuff like Shawn vs. Bret (SS 1997) or Brock vs. Taker (WM30) count? Average/bad matches with historic finishes/endings. I want to say no.

Toki767

I used to really like Monday Night Raw on SNES as a kid. I liked how each character had some secret special move. Like Bam Bam being a torpedo or Yokozuna doing a canonball off the top causing an earthquake in the ring.

Has anyone gone back and watched that HBK/Cena match in the UK after their mania match? I remember that being pretty good.

I am partial to Undertaker/Kane at WM14, but it's just an above average match - the promo building behind it is astonishing though. Like a year of often great build.

I'm still bitter that Owen Hart shortened Stone Cold's career.

The crazier thing is that he reportedly never apologised. :( Maybe he couldn't face Austin.

JavyOO7

WCW matches to watch... two come to mind....

Fall Brawl '95 - Pillman vs Johnny B Badd
Halloween Havok '94 - Bagwell/Patriot vs Orndroff/Roma

Sad to see Cesaro lose last night. It was actually a great match. Also Del Rio wrestling 3 times at SS? Or they giving him a free pass on defending US title

Raw64life

Ambrose problem is that his gimmick is being an unhinged maniac but he might be the softest worker on the entire roster. He used to do deathmatches for crying out loud. He should be brutalizing people not making it look like his fists are made out of pillows.

Top Bottom