• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

somedevil

* Miz TV kicks off tonight's SmackDown. Kevin Owens interrupts and declares it The Kevin Owens Show. Alberto Del Rio and Zeb Colter interrupt. Owens and Del Rio have words and face off. Dean Ambrose comes out to a big reaction. Roman Reigns is out next to a standing ovation, according to our correspondent. R-Truth is out next. He says he will cut through everyone else like a hot knife through butter. Miz reminds Truth he's not in the tournament. Truth apologizes and wishes Reigns and Ambrose good luck. He refused to wish good luck to Owens and Del Rio, then leaves. The Miz throws a fit and Reigns distracts him, allowing Ambrose to knock Miz out with a punch. The others clear the ring and the segment ends with Reigns and Ambrose standing tall

This sounds amazing and plus standing ovation huh.

Jack Swagger? On a PPV? In 2015?

tumblr_mfx7f9cmec1qc04bco1_400.gif

Bronx-Man

Banned
R-Truth is out next. He says he will cut through everyone else like a hot knife through butter. Miz reminds Truth he's not in the tournament. Truth apologizes and wishes Reigns and Ambrose good luck. He refused to wish good luck to Owens and Del Rio, then leaves.
KJb9lLf.gif

Cagey

Banned
This one's for Sunny:
96370ca6c3848cf2da631ca23134d269840d15f6_hq.jpg

And for other people:
20150520-becky-lynch-1-642.jpg
I'm eating at Chipotle post gym, headphones on, and was scrolling past these pictures. I stopped and put the phone down to continue eating. Turns out two 20 somethings were behind me the whole time and asked to borrow a hot sauce. Giggling and staring at the phone. They giggled the whole time and then left.

Thanks for forcing my true colors in public and revealing me as a creepy ass carny creeper, WrassleGAF.

Fox318

I'm eating at Chipotle post gym, headphones on, and was scrolling past these pictures. I stopped and put the phone down to continue eating. Turns out two 20 somethings were behind me the whole time and asked to borrow a hot sauce. Giggling and staring at the phone. They giggled the whole time and then left.

Thanks for forcing my true colors in public and revealing me as a creepy ass carny creeper, WrassleGAF.

FipZuT7.gif

Finally got around to watching Power Struggle in its entirety. Good stuff as always.

Honma vs Ishii stole the show for me. Even the silent Japanese crowd were getting hyped up.

That spot were they both were head-butting each other squarely in the middle of the ring at me in flinching from how stiff it looked.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got around to watching Power Struggle in its entirety. Good stuff as always.

Honma vs Ishii stole the show for me. Even the silent Japanese crowd were getting hyped up.

That spot were they both were head-butting each other squarely in the middle of the ring at me in flinching from how stiff it looked.

The worst part about this is that it could be Ishii vs anyone for the past 3 years. They need to STOP.

Picture on my FB feed from Smackdown tapings in Knoxville. It's not meant to be a picture of the crowd, but you can tell from this that entire half of the arena is empty.

12244326_10153753703434747_4068168164622858687_o.jpg

UberTag

WrassleGAF has the same problem every other smark place has: it doesn't know what it wants so everything gets complaints.
Funny how I see things differently. These places know EXACTLY what they want and are incredibly consistent and unwavering about it. They want no Vince, no Dunn and no angles spinning their wheels indefinitely without any sort of storyline, feud or payoff.

That... and the Usos drag an angle down to Earth like an infection whenever they get linked to anyone. Even the New Day.

Every Ishii match is the same, playboys

Just like Okada
Even if these matches are the same they execute that one match pretty damn effectively so it makes a vivid impression the first few times you encounter it.

The likes of Ishii/Honma/Goto/Shibata/Makabe can all get away with having similar matches because those matches provide something unique on the card that stands out. Plus, they do that hard-hitting really well (for the most part).

Bronx-Man

Banned
I don't wanna sound like a negative nancy benoit but if WWE had Cena vs Orton as the main event of WrestleMania three times, people would flip their shit. Why does New Japan get a pass?

JavyOO7

RAW and Smackdown.... if it was possible to remain with the same amount of deal money they do now, I'd say have both shows an hour each. Even two hours is a bit much.

I don't wanna sound like a negative nancy benoit but if WWE had Cena vs Orton as the main event of WrestleMania three times, people would flip their shit. Why does New Japan get a pass?

If it's working I don't see the problem - the majority of the audience are still invested in the feud. Now, if they draw a bad gate at WK10, that's another matter, but regardless this is likely the ending point of the story and possibly the last time Tanahashi main events a Wrestle Kingdom.

Bronx-Man

Banned
If it's working I don't see the problem - the majority of the audience are still invested in the feud. Now, if they draw a bad gate at WK10, that's another matter, but regardless this is likely the ending point of the story and possibly the last time Tanahashi main events a Wrestle Kingdom.

I hope so but when you look at WK10's card and compare it to WK9, barely anything has changed. Okada & Tanahashi are still feuding, Nakamura is still IC Champ, Ishii is still NEVER Champ, etc. Gedo can't book anything to have consequences longer than a month.

I mean, the wrestling's still good but I think the honeymoon period is over for New Japan.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I hope so but when you look at WK10's card and compare it to WK9, barely anything has changed. Okada & Tanahashi are still feuding, Nakamura is still IC Champ, Ishii is still NEVER Champ, etc. Gedo can't book anything to have consequences longer than a month.

I mean, the wrestling's still good but I think the honeymoon period is over for New Japan.

The answer is to go back to Shoot fighting.

Ithil

Tanahashi and Okada actually have good matches. I also wouldn't say they're getting a pass, plenty have complained about this third match.

JavyOO7

I too have just started watching NJPW this year and last year and so far I don't find Okada so bad. I feel Tanahashi is a step above him though... in just about every category? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Honma is just great. Its going to fun watching his backlog. He's my favorite as of now. I kinda feel he's more over than anyone in WWE.

Shootstyle wrestling is a sideshow attraction in puro these days and New Japan's recent success is built on a flashier, fast-paced, more western-influenced style. Going back would just be foolish.

That's not an uncommon opinion I see online from foreign fans, but it's worth remembering that the international market makes up a bare fraction of NJPW's audience and it wouldn't be the first time there's a gulf in opinion between the native crowd and the international crowd.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Everyone wants to get on Inoki for his vision but when you look at the big bucks Dana White's making, it ain't so ridiculous now.

As a spinoff brand right then it could have worked. Instead it completely destroyed pro wrestling in one of the three big countries for it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
image.php

(on Okada's theme music) "That's my second favorite song."
image.php

" "I'm almost afraid to ask...what's your favorite?""
image.php

"All the rest are tied."

Top Bottom