• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's nearly 2016. Attitude Era's dead, and the majority are glad about it. Quit trying to bring it back fucking carnies
That's not the attitude era though. Through all time people use deaths and real problems as leverage go get their shit over. The great Ox Baker would tell people about how his heart punch killed two people in the ring, and it did. The heart punch didn't but after their match, two people died. This is nothing new.

Basically everyone stop being babby-tier babbys.

Anth0ny

Is it better than the first one? The first one was just alright. I kinda wish I had my 30 hours back from it.

I also thought the first one was the shits. everyone else on gaf seems to love it, though. I can't do 70 hour animu jrpgs. don't have time for that shit. have zero interest in xenoblade chronicles x, it was just the first super long rpg that came to mind! lol

and I don't really give a shit about the carny nature of that final promo. the whole segment was still cringe, the angle is shit and the entire divas revolution is a flop. bringing up reid didn't change any of that.

jmdajr

And now you have NFL fans offended by harmless end zone celebration dances. It's weak.

At least we haven't reached that level yet. Plus bad taste is part of wrestling, is it not?

To lighten the mood a little, here's Arn Anderson in amazing glasses:

tumblr_no089a4O6q1rbj8f8o1_1280.jpg

Are you an insider?

That's was my take on it. I am sure Charlotte, HHH, PS Hayes, were all uncomfortable with it, and Vince handled it directly with the girls. They were not in a position to say no, and it was Vince's opportunity to show everyone he is and will always be in charge.

Vince knew it might bother HHH the most, so it was away to jab him in the stomach as a reminder. Unfortunately because he reveres Flair so much as we all do, it really must have hurt Ric. Ric handled it like a pro man. This is his son who died. Just let that sink in.

I like edgy angles, I like bringing real life into a work. I don;t like bringing Paul Bearer into a story line after his death, I don't like using Eddie G. to get an angle over after he died.

I don't think its in good taste.I felt horrible for Charlotte. I know its cool here to bash her and think shes not good, but me; I see that she has the potential to be one of the very best of all time, and unfortunately she id not in a position to say no to anything right now.

klonere

Banned
Austin is secretly a WrassleGAF poster? He scored a lot of points on the bingo here:

THATS O N N I T DOT COM said:
Austin said that he still believes Cesaro will put the pieces together and get over in spite of WWE. Also, Austin claimed that Roman Reigns should follow in the footsteps of the Rock and have a heel run before turning babyface as the company's top star.

The episode was taped before last Monday's RAW, and when Austin was told that Cesaro was going to face Reigns in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship tournament, he replied, "oh jeez, you know where that's going!" Austin stated that he still believes that Cesaro will put all the pieces together to get over with the fans, but WWE isn't doing him any favors.

"I think Roman needs to be a heel. Go through that journey and then evolve into a babyface. To me, it's almost going to mirror what the Rock did. [WWE] brought him in as a white meat baby. People hated him and they wanted to hate him. And then, all of a sudden, the Rock started taking over the Nation of Domination. He was the alpha male in that group. All of a sudden, the promo skills come alive. The character comes alive.

jmdajr

Should wrestling feuds have limits? Granted you can probably have a feud without it being tasteless, but I think you shouldn't set boundaries. Some ideas will obviously work better than others.

But hey, wrestling is supposed to be about dudes that hate each others guts. Most feuds today are weak sauce. There's no edge.

More gems from FFSBritWres:
https://www.facebook.com/events/179680755710769/
MATCH LINEUP (LINEUP SUBJECT TO CHANGE

1ST MATCH - ROOKIE MATCH
KIERAN VS WILLIAM

2ND MATCH - KITTY STAR VS TRACY FOR SWF DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP

3RD MATCH - PSICOSIS VS SIDESPLITTER VS PREDATOR FOR THE SWF WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - NO DISQUALIFICATION TRIPLE THREAT

10 MINUTE BREAK

4TH MATCH - WE WILL SORT SOMETHING FOR THIS AND DISCUSS AT A MEETING WITH ME, ? AND A FEW OTHER MEMBERS

5TH MATCH - MARK DOLAN VS ? IN AN EXTREME RULES MATCH THAT WILL BLOW THE ROOF OFF THE PLACE

6TH MATCH - EITHER A ROYAL RUMBLE OR BATTLE ROYAL TO DETERMINE THE CHAMPION FOR THE NEWLY VACATED BELT BY ?

7TH MATCH - POSSIBLY AN EXTRA ADDED MATCH

Anth0ny

You should be allowed to do anything in a wrestling feud as long as it makes sense and is entertaining.

was not the case on monday between paige and charlotte. they pull that reid line out in a desperate attempt to make people care about that feud. during the last 5 minutes of the go home raw.

did any of the great womens feuds in nxt need that cheap shit? it's almost like booking them strongly/not scripting them to sound like robots on a weekly basis will make people care about them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's obvious wrestling fans don't actually know what they want. Everyone here is living proof.

Hex

Banned
Should wrestling feuds have limits? Granted you can probably have a feud without it being tasteless, but I think you shouldn't set boundaries. Some ideas will obviously work better than others.

But hey, wrestling is supposed to be about dudes that hate each others guts. Most feuds today are weak sauce. There's no edge.

They need real heels.
The kind where people really lose their shit and cry on twitter and want to wait in the parking lot for them.
Tweening heels has grown so lame and stale.
People don't want the Attitude era? Ratings seem to debate that it may not be so black and white

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They need real heels.
The kind where people really lose their shit and cry on twitter and want to wait in the parking lot for them.
Tweening heels has grown so lame and stale.
People don't want the Attitude era? Ratings seem to debate that
But you see it here "waaaah I know I said I wanted real heels but this is too real!"

Go whole hog or don't bother, I say. And on top of that - not attitude era exclusive.

Paige should join ISIS on the next Raw. That would be some heel heat.

Now is the time to bring back Muhammad Hassan and his masked compatriots.

Controversy = Cash.

And admit that she was the brains behind the Paris attacks. Nuclear heat, brother.

That's how they'll link Paige to Hassan: she actually masterminded the London train bombings in 2005, and she's using her higher profile to recruit for ISIL now. Becky Lynch is revealed to wear the goggles because she's a desert fighter.

This will lead to Nikki Bella climbing off a helicopter to bodyslam Paige and go on a Bella Express tour of America until WrestleMania, when she wins the Divas title from Paige in a three minute match.

Striker

There's too many 'cool heels', Owens, Rollins, and The Authority fit right into that in the upper card. Rusev, ADR, and Wyatt are, for instance, guys who don't devolve into that.

jmdajr

The only thing you can't really have from attitude era is Racism and Misogyny, although people will argue it's still here alive and well!

When was the last time we really hated someone. I'm thinking it's when Daniel Bryan was getting buried hard, and turned into a storyline.

imBask

Banned
But you see it here "waaaah I know I said I wanted real heels but this is too real!"

Go whole hog or don't bother, I say. And on top of that - not attitude era exclusive.

your definition of heelwork is wrong and/or twisted then

that's not heelwork, that's disgusting cheap heat

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I strongly feel using the dead to work an angle works great.

imBask

Banned
in a show where you're not allowed to say or do ANYTHING remotely violent, mentionning a dead relative seemed super out of place and forced

I saw the segment on YouTube. Charlotte brought her brother up first and practically goaded Paige into talking about it.

If anything you guys should be pissed that their match Sunday will start with a neat little toothless lockup.

Heroman

Banned
The only thing you can't really have from attitude era is Racism and Misogyny, although people will argue it's still here alive and well!

When was the last time we really hated someone. I'm thinking it's when Daniel Bryan was getting buried hard, and turned into a storyline.

Well no one , we are not 6 any more , we know to much about the business for us to hates heel and that really kind of the big problem with the heel face dynamic.

Go all the way, Sunny.

ISIL sympathizer Paige.

Gamergater Bray Wyatt.

Kane is revealed to be a Ku Klux Klansman by Solomon Crowe, who is now WWE's Anonymous, to bring him back to that hacker gimmick and get him some heat.

Zeb Coulter is actually a coyote, and Alberto Del Rio is a narco druglord.

Big Show is a huge fan of female genital mutilation.

Randy Orton and the voices in his head are climate change deniers.

Curtis Axel is a Holocaust denier.

Jack Swagger is definitely against Planned Parenthood and threatens to attack abortion clinics in each town that WWE visits.

And of course, Daniel Bryan is anti-vaccinations.

However, these are only characters; Randy Orton is a climate change denier, but Randall Keith Orton does not believe this! It's all about kayfabe. Controversy = cash.

Reid thing was more desperation than anything. Like they watched UFC on Saturday and just three the woman out therewith the cheapest of heat.

Really lame imo

Kaladin

You know how you know WWE doesn't think much of Survivor Series and TLC? They determine their "Best Of 2015 PPV Matches" content listing after Hell In A Cell, that's how.

The more I think about it, the more enamored I am with the idea that Good Guy Glenn has to play Kane as a Klansman in order to get heel heat in 2015. Let's incorporate the real world into wrestling as much as possible and get real.

After all, the real Vince has said that WWE is creating movies every week with its programming and that there shouldn't be wrestling for wrestling's sake.

Imagine the heel heat The New Day could get if they aligned on screen with Boko Haram and kidnapped JoJo and Eden backstage for lives of sexual slavery. And then Team B.A.D. has to fight off The New Day with help from the Lucha Dragons.

And then, Kofi Nahaje Sarkodie-Mensah, Ettore Ewen, and Austin Watson can cut promos highlighting how important Boko Haram's kidnapping of women and girls in Nigeria is, which aligns nicely with WWE's focus on charitable works as public relations.

Lothar

Banned
And admit that she was the brains behind the Paris attacks. Nuclear heat, brother.

You know, that would be so random and over the top and bizarre in making Paige of all people suddenly the most evil wrestler in WWE history, I say they should do it.

jmdajr

The more I think about it, the more enamored I am with the idea that Good Guy Glenn has to play Kane as a Klansman in order to get heel heat in 2015. Let's incorporate the real world into wrestling as much as possible and get real.

After all, the real Vince has said that WWE is creating movies every week with its programming and that there shouldn't be wrestling for wrestling's sake.

Imagine the heel heat The New Day could get if they aligned on screen with Boko Haram and kidnapped JoJo and Eden backstage for lives of sexual slavery. And then Team B.A.D. has to fight off The New Day with help from the Lucha Dragons.

And then, Kofi Nahaje Sarkodie-Mensah, Ettore Ewen, and Austin Watson can cut promos highlighting how important Boko Haram's kidnapping of women and girls in Nigeria is, which aligns nicely with WWE's focus on charitable works as public relations.

It's a start

Top Bottom