• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

somedevil

Triple H era now on the network

Its like the news said the Brock Lesnar era:

The Raws in 2002 are from his Rise after Wrestlemania to the Raw after his title win at Summerslam. Plus you get to see Austin vanish from Raw after taking his ball and going home.

Plus they added 2004 Raws that lead up to Benoit title victory at Wrestlemania.

Then they added Brocks whole Smackdown run from 2002-2004. So you get the whole Smackdown Six, Zach Gowen and Rapper Cena.

jmdajr

Its like the news said the Brock Lesnar era:

The Raws in 2002 are from his Rise after Wrestlemania to the Raw after his title win at Summerslam. Plus you get to see Austin vanish from Raw after taking his ball and going home.

Plus they added 2004 Raws that lead up to Benoit title victory at Wrestlemania.

Then they added Brocks whole Smackdown run from 2002-2004. So you get the whole Smackdown Six, Zach Gowen and Rapper Cena.

As noted earlier, we got even more than that!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This means we get Crazy Vince. Yes, I realize there's plenty of Crazy Vinces but those were a good period.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
In what world does Brie Bella make her way into a number 1 contender match?

They still have factions so they gotta put someone from every faction. And Paige because the women's division is still in fact the Paige division.

somedevil

Watching a Smackdown right now with Rap Battle Big Show who just dropped a Kobe Bryant joke. Luckily it was 2003 and they scripted it.

TPw2DLK.gif

klonere

Banned
I was just getting to HHH's rise to a main eventer (Summerslam 99) before I didn't renew my Network sub and you know what, I thought he was pretty great.

I get the feeling that he wasn't "top of the card for 2 years straight, constantly" great though?

First announced Raw match:

Sounds fine though a triple threat would of been better.

Interesting. Way it's been going, seems like Paige would be Charlotte's next opponent. Obviously we all want Sasha but she hasn't been built up in kayfabe yet, unless WWE wants to surprise us and pull the trigger on the Sasha train right now. But I doubt it. I'll be watching closely on that one anyway.

I don't care what BS nonsense Roman spouts tonight.
Just so long as that belt gets wrapped around his waist in 3 weeks that's all that matters.
He can go back to chirping Vince-endorsed nursery rhymes for all I care.

Hopefully he goes into full 'John Cena Circus Ringmaster' mode while Cena is away planning how to defeat Alberto five straight times upon his return.

And when Jack got up that Beans stock..............................

Man I cringed that night what was it 7 months ago, I still remember it. It was so bad. i thought it was a rib, and that someone was intentionally trying to bury Roman.

Shadow780

Paige is going to pin Brie probably, at least Sasha's getting a match on RAW!

It sounds like they finally can have a secondary storyline involving the BO$$ and Nattie which is good since we get to see Sasha more.

CDiggity

I will finish whatever drink I am drinking if they attempt a tower of doom spot.

Curious to see if there will be actual double teams instead of the usual "multi-person divas match but actually it's two people going at it while the others are knocked out or otherwise hiding off camera until they 'tag' back in"

Toki767

Fatal Fourway matches in general are just stupid anyway. 3 people are more than enough to keep things interesting without turning into a mess.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fatal Fourway matches in general are just stupid anyway. 3 people are more than enough to keep things interesting without turning into a mess.

At least in a Fatal 4 Way you can just have the wrestlers pair off to avoid the typical Triple Threat thing where one guy is always selling an injury until the pre-arranged time he knocks one of the other guys out and then that guy sells an injury until the pre-arranged time for him to come back, etc. etc.

I was just getting to HHH's rise to a main eventer (Summerslam 99) before I didn't renew my Network sub and you know what, I thought he was pretty great.

I get the feeling that he wasn't "top of the card for 2 years straight, constantly" great though?

i dunno, i stopped watching in 2001 until 2014, but i seem to remember triple h having consistently great feuds with the likes of mick foley, austin and the rock. he looked and acted like a badass, you hated him, then he went away on that quad thing, and the pop he got when he came back was indicative of that he was really entertaining. now i'd stopped watching by the time he came back, and i imagine it might've went to his head with that reaction, along with his influence condensing around that time, so i dunno.

bret hart likes to sit and say 'triple h is fine but he doesn't have one great match;'. i dunno. maybe not a great match, i'd have to rewatch em, but those feuds with foley and austin were pretty great in terms of the story where triple h played the bad guy to as close to perfection as you can get in wrestling.

i've got plenty of good memories relating to triple h, and he is doing good work now with nxt and his limited in ring appearances. as for his 'reign of terror' era well i'll just say i wasn't there. for everything else he's done though, triple h is at the top of the mountain anyway.

thefro

Interesting. Way it's been going, seems like Paige would be Charlotte's next opponent. Obviously we all want Sasha but she hasn't been built up in kayfabe yet, unless WWE wants to surprise us and pull the trigger on the Sasha train right now. But I doubt it. I'll be watching closely on that one anyway.

Well, they actually played Sasha's music on Smackdown last week before a Team Bad run-in and after a beat-down of Nattie (instead of Naomi's), so that was promising.

Well, they actually played Sasha's music on Smackdown last week before a Team Bad run-in and after a beat-down of Nattie (instead of Naomi's), so that was promising.

They've protected Sasha with things like this, her rarely (or possibly never?) taking the pins, which I think is cos even WWE has to know they're sitting on something good here, it's just a matter of how long they stall before giving her the run, and what they do with this run. Better people than Sasha have been trampled under their own run.

HHH is legit from 98-01. Great feuds. Over as fuck and even though Rock/Austin were the top dogs, he was easily the best heel in that time period.

02-04 is HHH dark period. Put over a hand few but the amount of burial is monumental. Especially 2003, But to his defense he was feuding with left over WCW lazy fucks. Still horrible year for RAW.

Seth never said he loves Nazis. We're reaching to paint that chick as a Nazi because of some stupid shit she said. Brock actually said what you quoted

let's be clear

as wrestling fans, we overlook a ton of horrendous bullshit. no point in lying or pretending to ignore it. it bothers me too. it's why i avoid giving them money whenever possible and why i don't recommend it to people - why get involved with that kind of moral dubiousness? i enjoy the people flipping each other around show, but i don't pretend these are good people

Top Bottom