• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Anth0ny

"Without me your ratings will drop faster than Owen Hart"

"YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE, YOU COULDN'T BEAT ME. YOU CHOKED WORSE THAN NANCY AND DANIEL BENOIT"

XvwNZ7R.gif

I think they could've done something way cooler. The King's Court

Jerry the King Lawler
Doink the Clown
Ted DiBiase
IRS

Amazing stable. Too bad Yokozuna was the #1 heel at this time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't know, it's (intentionally) tasteless, but at least nobody gets actually hurt when you speak ill of the dead.

Even the "Eddie's in Hell" segment is probably less distasteful than the time they used Road Warrior Hawk's alcoholism in an angle where he showed up to matches drunk and suicidal and ended with Hawk attempting to commit suicide (or he got murdered it wasn't clear).

Gonzalez

Banned
I don't know, it's (intentionally) tasteless, but at least nobody gets actually hurt when you speak ill of the dead.

Even the "Eddie's in Hell" segment is probably less distasteful than the time they used Road Warrior Hawk's alcoholism in an angle where he showed up to matches drunk and suicidal and ended with Hawk attempting to commit suicide (or he got murdered it wasn't clear).
He jumped... Droz was just trying to grab his shirt.

WWE sent me an email yesterday saying they "want me back"

Today they sent me an email urging me to "Watch Roman Reigns' Journey to Survivor Series"

...I have to conclude they don't really want me back
I know right? not exactly the enticing combo to receive.

Who has the best theme on the current WWE roster today?

Ascension is the right answer but I'm curious about everyone else's wrong answer. Anyone answering with a CFO$ joint is mostly right, just not completely.
Just for you Sunny Mac I'm gonna go with Sami Zayn, I know how much ya love that one.

I'm more shocked that Kane was acknowledged, that almost never happens with AE stuff.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Who wants to take bets on whether the final at Survivor Series has Reigns v. Ambrose with Ambrose raising Roman's arm in the ring, to give him his fifth (5th) in-ring attempt to leech someone else's credibility

1) Rock raises Roman's arm to a chorus of boos,
2) Daniel Bryan shakes his hand and raises his arms to a chorus of boos,
3) Paul Heyman puts Roman over like 50 times as the biggest badass ever to a chorus of boos,
4) Cesaro shakes his hand and raises Roman's arm to a chorus of boos.

They're literally out of popular wrestlers or figures on the active roster if they use Ambrose for this purpose.

Who wants to take bets on whether the final at Survivor Series has Reigns v. Ambrose with Ambrose raising Roman's arm in the ring, to give him his fifth (5th) in-ring attempt to leech someone else's credibility

3) Paul Heyman puts Roman over like 50 times as the biggest badass ever to a chorus of boos,

They're literally out of popular wrestlers or figures on the active roster if they use Ambrose for this purpose.

At this point, it'd be a shocking twist if they didn't go with the obvious route of Ambrose putting over Reigns (and having Reigns raise his hand).

Nah, we're probably getting a nonsensical Ambrose heel turn instead because we need our mandatory screw job finish at Survivor Series.

After last night, I think we're in for something quite, "carny" as you all would say

Deadstar

Nah, we're probably getting a nonsensical Ambrose heel turn instead because we need our mandatory screw job finish at Survivor Series.

Roman needs to turn heel, then he can rejoin Ambrose and Seth as an evil version of the shield, the RIOT SHIELD then they can face the New Day in a year.

Angry Grimace

Roman needs to turn heel, then he can rejoin Ambrose and Seth as an evil version of the shield, the RIOT SHIELD then they can face the New Day in a year.

...wasn't the Shield basically evil the entire time

I have to question whether Ambrose or Reigns could successfully play a heel right now. I guess Ambrose did it fine in the Shield, but that was several years back and he's pretty over as a face.

It still bugs the fuck out of me that they gave the Shield's entire theme to Roman without consideration of the inevitable reunion.

...wasn't the Shield basically evil the entire time

I have to question whether Ambrose or Reigns could successfully play a heel right now. I guess Ambrose did it fine in the Shield, but that was several years back and he's pretty over as a face.

It still bugs the fuck out of me that they gave the Shield's entire theme to Roman without consideration of the inevitable reunion.
Roman is the equivalent to X-Pac in my opinion. After the biggest point in his career he stuck with it like most parents out of the 70s. They just couldn't let go.

Whilst X-Pac screamed in the mic, Roman whispers on the microphone.

All he needs to do is turn on his good friend and it'll all be complete.

Hex

Banned
I am kind of envisioning Roman winning, the crowd booing and him flipping out and taking on Ambrose and being all "Fine, I cannot win with you people. You want to boo me I will give you a reason to boo me."

You get a heel over, you get a face that people will get behind and is over.

THIS would be the smart booking.

What we will probably get is Ambrose being tired of picking up Reign's slack, covering his ass and being second man while Roman took all of the attention and made it all about Roman this and Roman that.

You get a face that still will not be over, Ambrose can get over no matter what he does.
And you get a stupid program because Ambrose should be chasing for revenge not the belt because they won't give him the belt.

We will most likely get neither of these and a stupid hug ending or stall ending dragging on to something else. (Roman winning of course)

Jopie

I want to get #anyonebutroman trending during Survivor Series. That way, as WWE is checking out what is trending world wide they can have a hearty laugh before crowning him.

"You guys, I was all set, to face Seth Rollins, before fate and injury would put our battle on hold for another time. Since, then, HHH offered me a chance to take his place..."

WHAT?!

"....errr....yeah, to take his place. And I thought long and hard, and i decided I'm not a sellout. Again, it took me a while to decide this. I thought long and hard. Like, all night you guys. "

WHAT

"..and after facing every challenger placed in front of me, I have once again come out on top. last night, i won the WWE championship per the script, and I just wanted to let you know, that after all the punches I took through my vest, I'm still here; I'm still standing. and if anyone in the back think they're taking this away from me anytime soon..."

cocks fist

"...long and hard. and you can belee....dat!"
This was hilarious.

"You guys, I was all set, to face Seth Rollins, before fate and injury would put our battle on hold for another time. Since, then, HHH offered me a chance to take his place..."

WHAT?!

"....errr....yeah, to take his place. And I thought long and hard, and i decided I'm not a sellout. Again, it took me a while to decide this. I thought long and hard. Like, all night you guys. "

WHAT

"..and after facing every challenger placed in front of me, I have once again come out on top. last night, i won the WWE championship per the script, and I just wanted to let you know, that after all the punches I took through my vest, I'm still here; I'm still standing. and if anyone in the back think they're taking this away from me anytime soon..."

cocks fist

"...long and hard. and you can belee..."

*Cue soaring trumpets, followed by a scream of "BRRR APPLEDOUGH!!!"

fixed.

Well this is a random set of Raw episodes.
This was SummerSlam!

Time for your lies and rumours of the week

As noted, prior to Seth Rollins suffering an injury which will keep him out of action for 6-9 months, the plan was for Roman Reigns to capture the WWE World Title on or after Survivor Series and remain the Champion heading into WrestleMania 32.

It was then reported that even after Rollins suffered his injury, WWE Title tournament plans called for Reigns to win the title as originally planned, and head into WrestleMania 32 as the Champion.

However, according to PWInsider.com, over the past few days there was a big push by the WWE creative team for Dean Ambrose to win the title at Survivor Series, and leave the PPV as the new WWE World Champion.

At the very least, the report is noting Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose is expected to be the tournament finals match, but it seems as if Roman Reigns is not the lock to win the tournament as he was as of last week. Keep in mind however, that just because the creative team might be pushing for one thing to happen, there’s no guarantee it will as Vince McMahon has the final say.

As for the heel vs babyface roles in the tournament finals match, no one expects Roman Reigns to turn heel, but there remains no words as to what might happen with Ambrose’s character.

I'm sure they made this up.

Top Bottom