• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

somedevil

Yeah, that was awful.

Like very awful.

She let the crowd get to her again. She doesn't deserve all this hate but she is being put into a position she is not ready for.

She still needs another year of training and not a title match. You know the match is going to be a dq because the tag title match, asuka vs Brooke and a contract signing on the same show.

So get ready for a 3 way or a 4 way at london.

Ithil

Eva don't deserve this kind of heat but she's got it, now use it and beat Bayley next week!

And then you have someone who can't talk, wrestle or act as your champion, and you had your most popular face lose to someone who can't wrestle.

This isn't a Bo Dallas situation here.

Oersted

“You know, here’s the problem: I obviously have an opinion but I’m afraid to voice it. Because I don’t want anything to affect Ashley’s career. I would just say that I know that Hunter, and Stephanie, and Michael Hayes have her back. I think if anything that could be considered a negative, I don’t think she feels like she’s comfortable enough to say ‘no’ to anything yet. She’s only been up there three months and it’s a pressure cooker. It’s a tough spot to be in. Even though she’s the champion doesn’t mean she goes ‘hey, this is what I want to do and what I’m not going to do.’ I think if they asked her to do something, that’s pretty much the way things operate up there. I just spent 10 days in Europe with the Raw group, the red tour, which is half the guys and I just think that they’re walking on pins and needles. Just because you’re the champion doesn’t mean that you have the right to say no. If somebody writes it down, one person approves everything. Does that make sense?"

imBask

Banned
I loved Eva Marie's little "i'm in Paris" skits

but yeah she's just really bad, she couldn't take advantage of that crazy heat like a real heel would've

Jopie

And then you have someone who can't talk, wrestle or act as your champion, and you had your most popular face lose to someone who can't wrestle.

This isn't a Bo Dallas situation here.

Can't Talk
Can't Wrestle
Can't Act

If it works for Roman, might as well work for her as well.

Shadow780

The single greatest challenge Bayley has up to so far, is to carry her to a good match, and job.

vincelaughing.gif

lol @bold
It was a fun show bit Christ, they should've gave us something else to go home with instead of Dean bowing at the top of the ramp lol.
IDGAF.gif
Lol!

They cared so much about family they asked nobody outside of her.

Because it was her angle, and her responsibility as an adult to make the call. When you create a wrestling family, you accept that the lines between your fiction and your reality are going to be blurred.

Ric was scared shitless to even bring up his actual feelings on the podcast because he was afraid Charlotte's career would be ruined, and knew she had no clue what to do in that position.

Funny how you can lend your argument ethical immediacy by using an emotionally loaded phrase like "scared shitless", rather than more accurate terms like "careful" or "trepidatious". The reality is any person with any kind of influence wants to avoid unintentionally making life harder for those close to them by saying the wrong thing. This wasn't Flair being scared because Vince is some kind of monster, just Flair being a parent not wanting to harm their kid by using his position of influence to actually create a narrative that could come back to bite her later.

You want deep history on what happens in that position? Owen had to choose between a rafter entrance he was scared shitless of and seeing if WCW liked him as much as Bret. It's not a fucking easy choice to make saying no to Vince. Just like it won't be easy when people have to do it to HHH and Steph. Another history lesson: you remember that one writer who reacted to being fired with "alright", and Steph called him repeatedly to remind him he was fired? It was funny because it was so petty, but that's how the heirs to the throne treat people who don't care. Imagine how they'll be when they control the lives of those who do.

You act like the entire history of wrestling isn't filled with petty, regressive shitheads on virtually every level. The most famous woman wrestler of all time was a vicious madame, Japanese wrestling has been relying on anti-white xenophobia for decades, joshi wrestling shows callous disregard for the safety and well-being of its performers, the guy who founded America's most famous independent wrestling company was a pedophile, organized crime connections abound in pretty much every market in some form or another.

Real lives are affected by this shit, and it's ignorant to brush off the seriousness or effects just because "I was entertained, so nobody's at fault"

So what does it say of you that you types dozens, sometimes hundreds of posts per month shitting on said company?

Moreover, the only real difference between Vince McMahon and other CEOs is that a whole industry exists around making fans feel smart by conveying biased accounts of his actions, whereas most CEOs are shitheads in relative obscurity.

Is the WWE Network not working for anyone else? I can log in and select a show, but there's nothing where the video would normally play.

EDIT: Okay, it's working in IE, but not Chrome.

somedevil

I don't know why I feel so sure that Eva is winning the the belt next week, but I do. Hope I'm wrong though.

It just seems unlikely with them announcing that match, a Asuka match, a tag title match, and a contract signing all at the same time.

Plus the show is airing live in England so there is no way they are doing a singles match with her on the show.

JavyOO7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LQUouo78KY

Sombra vs Atlantis mask match is pretty good so far. Sombra is really handsome without mask and has good mic skills but not sure why CMLL had him lose the mask. I guess they needed a big main event?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkDPm8TqZtI

The promo after the match he had with reporters is great. Like a real sports promo, almost. "I had plans but could not execute them properly." I have no idea who the guy is next to him though. Rush? That guy looks psycho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkDPm8TqZtI

Atlantis is so soft spoken but he puts over how tough Sombra is, how great it is to have the mask, and he thanks the fans over and over on how great they are because they gave him the strength to win.

Just fun little promos from these two... I had to look at them because I'm listening to an episode of the B and V show at the observer and they talked about this wacky segment on the November 2 RAW where Del Rio, Swaggie, and Coulter are talking and they have to face the camera somewhat and their bodies are contorted in a very ridiculous fashion and Bryan and Vinny said how stupid that shit was. I have to watch this just to see how ridiculous it is but... its not on the network yet. Not until 30 days from when that RAW aired.

imBask

Banned
the worst part is, when she said "shup up you dorks" I really thought she was grabbing that heat and running away with it

but nah she blew it

Raven at the commentary table:

"I'm sick of you Lawler and your lecherous ways. You're out here every week, you don't call the match, do you even know anything about wrestling anymore? Just talking about women. Probably why your wife left you."

"Will you be able to call this match Jerry? There are no puppies involved."

"Obviously you don't know anything about relationships, since your wife left you. Just let me and JR call this match."
Is this on the network? I would like to witness the fuckery

It just seems unlikely with them announcing that match, a Asuka match, a tag title match, and a contract signing all at the same time.

Plus the show is airing live in England so there is no way they are doing a singles match with her on the show.

We know the Asuka match will just be an angle, based off of Emma and Dana's talk after the promo. The tag title and contract signing together will take all of 25 minutes. The way I see it, one of two things happens next week:

1. Eva wins the belt with help from Nia Jax, and Bayley gets a rematch at Takeover.

2. Bayley beats Eva and then Nia Jax lays her out. Then we get Nia Jax vs. Bayley at Takeover.

I think the second scenario is more likely, as I could see them book Nia vs. Bayley similar to Zayn vs. Owens where Nia just dominates her and takes the belt. I just don't see Eva vs. Bayley happening in London. Either way, I don't see Bayley holding onto the belt for very long. They're going to book her like Sami. Finally getting the big moment, then the heel steals it away.

Bockwinkel was awesome. Anyone have links to some matches??

can recall being at a show at the Cow Palace in San Francisco in the mid-80s San Francisco, where Bockwinkel was the challenger in an AWA title match against Rick Martel. They were going about 35 minutes so started slow. Bockwinkel held Martel in a long headlock and fans were chanting "Boring." Most wrestlers would have taken that as a cue to get up and do a high spot. Bockwinkel took the opposite approach. He told me that the conductor at the symphony isn't told by the audience what to do. He held Martel in a headlock even longer, and yelled at those who were chanting, saying, "Rick, you're boring your fans."

He also puts Bryan over big

I can also recall 16 years later, sitting with Bockwinkel at the original King of Indies. Unlike most wrestlers of his era who weren't as open-minded to changing styles, Bockwinkel enjoyed the tournament that included some of the best young wrestlers of the time, such as Bryan Danielson, Samoa Joe, A.J. Styles, Christopher Daniels, Brian Kendrick, Doug Williams and Low Ki. As Danielson was wrestling Kendrick, he was beaming, talking about how when he was champion, he would loved to have shared the ring with someone so talented. He said guys of his era didn't like giving the modern wrestlers credit, but that Danielson was as talented as anyone from his era, which is notable because in his era, a guy the size of Danielson would have never gotten a push when you had to be heavyweight size (or, like Greg Gagne, the son of a promoter) to headline in a major money territory.

When the match was over, he, Red Bastien and much of the audience stood up and gave both men a standing ovation. And then he left. He came back several minutes later and I asked where he went, and he said he went to find Danielson to tell him that in his heyday, he'd have been proud to work on the same card as him

Is pentagon or fantasma ever going to get a push

AAA announced that unlike TNA and WWE, which are doing tournaments for their vacated titles, that its AAA Mega heavyweight title will be decided in a singles match with Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Johnny Mundo.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
All Red X-Pac Heat

Can we have Kana beat the shit out of Eva Marie?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That Eva Marie promo was fantastic. Huge amount of heat without saying a word. She's fantastic at this. She has it down pat. Worked that Full Sail crowd so hard, I love it.

Top Bottom