• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Anth0ny

does anybody here actually enjoy bray wyatt's promos? i gotta say the gimmick is cool and everything but dear god these 5 minute entrances and cornball speeches are just terrible.

that undertaker/kane eulogy was so damn boring. (i'm a little behind on raw, will watch this week's soon)

he has good delivery but nothing to say

ever

this is how he's always been

it's been two years now

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Get over yourself, I think you buy into your gimmick in here a bit too much.
There is a very direct comparison between them, and that is a straight shoot.
They are both talents who have the eye of the suits in the back who are pushing them into the spotlight.
They both have issues with the mic.
They both have issues in the ring.
Reigns has had alot more time in the ring and he has very much come a long way, and I do not hate him at all and I think he will go a long way some day but he is still very boring as hell in the ring. Even Cena flows better and can make his move set more natural and Roman is getting better and will get there.
Saying horse shit like people only have issues with him because of some podcast is just asinine and makes you look like you are trying too hard.

He can't sneak up on anyone, the gong and shit gives it away.
That and the knees popping.
Not sure I follow

does anybody here actually enjoy bray wyatt's promos? i gotta say the gimmick is cool and everything but dear god these 5 minute entrances and cornball speeches are just terrible.

that undertaker/kane eulogy was so damn boring. (i'm a little behind on raw, will watch this week's soon)
Did you really say, cornball?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Something weird that always stood out to me - Hogan in WCW going on and on about the "girlie bars" - felt so weirdly forced.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you could give more mic time to two WWE Superstars, who would you like to hear?

Something weird that always stood out to me - Hogan in WCW going on and on about the "girlie bars" - felt so weirdly forced.

Well, the girlie bars weren't Hogans thing. His closest buds weren't around for him to hang and bang with. Plus, I don't think Hulkster was into light beers.

If you could give more mic time to two WWE Superstars, who would you like to hear?

Perry Saturn and Vincent

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
never forget how Truth delivered when he was given mic time. He got an imaginary person over. That's so amazing.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Have you just been...I don't know....away or something?
Eva is hated for many reasons, if you genuinely thing that they are just on her for her mic work there then I really do not know what to say but maybe a sheet somewhere can tell the story for you.
Eva is a disaster on top of a disaster.
She is Roman Reigns with no ability at all and even less mic skill and they are trotting her out there still because someone back there I guess is mistaking stark raving hatred for heel heat.
I don't know, I saw that one match when she finally wrestled on NXT and it just seemed like the crowd was so determined to destroy her spirit. Is it really her fault that the people at WWE see something in her and believe in her? When it comes down to it, shouldn't the audience at least give her a chance to develop into the performer WWE believes she can become?

NoRéN

I don't know, I saw that one match when she finally wrestled on NXT and it just seemed like the crowd was so determined to destroy her spirit. Is it really her fault that the people at WWE see something in her and believe in her? When it comes down to it, shouldn't the audience at least give her a chance to develop into the performer WWE believes she can become?
It's easier to be a smark and go off what you read online rather than make up your own mind, I think.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NoRéN;186020111 said:
And of you peeps trying to get get tickets for PWG all star weekend tomorrow?
I bet FallingEdge is looking for another vacation out there...

DMczaf

No

Anth0ny

it's way more fun to completely shit on the performers that are so clearly chosen by a bunch of suits in the back

waaaaaaaaaaaay more fun

I rewatched the last bit of the rumble from this year today... shit had me cracking up. crowd was having NONE OF IT as soon as bryan got eliminated lol

it's way more fun to completely shit on the performers that are so clearly chosen by a bunch of suits in the back

waaaaaaaaaaaay more fun

I rewatched the last bit of the rumble from this year today... shit had me cracking up. crowd was having NONE OF IT as soon as bryan got eliminated lol
Get my gif out

Edit:

9d2ede5a1c4b02f372d1357cf380ce89.gif

Paul Bearer's sons said WWE got permission from them before doing the angle on Raw with Taker and CM Punk, but one of them said, "Watching it was different than just hearing it over the phone."

Kaladin

Finally watched the whole Paige / Charlotte thing. I think Charlotte nailed it when she started talking about her brother, and kept the feels alive, but Paige....she kind of nailed the I don't give a fuck about you sentiment but her Reid comment fell super flat.

I thought the more controversial thing on Raw this week was Del Rio ripping Kalisto's mask off.

KingBroly

Banned

waaaaaaaaaaaay more fun

I bet Vince put that thing together. Shit was so bad. Rumble crowd was crowd of the year for what they did, IMO. Not only that, the part where Kane and Show dumped Bray over the top rope made no fucking sense. He's a heel too, you idiots.

I'm sure they'll fuck up the Rumble again this year, too.

She's been given ample opportunity to improve and earn the fans' respect and GREATLY failed to do so. She's still a charisma-less black hole who has the in-ring skills of a 12 year old backyard wrestler despite having been in the WWE for 2 1/2 years, and deserves the backlash she's getting because of it.

NoRéN

You know, the powerbomb is the focus here, but in the background, Fit Finlay absolutely knocks the shit out of Jimmy Hart.
I'm gonna be honest, I didn't even notice that. But, what I did notice is that a tag team actually used their tag team element. One dude setting up a move. That's good stuff!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
NoRéN;186020309 said:
It's easier to be a smark and go off what you read online rather than make up your own mind, I think.
But then there's no real discussion.
Yes.

waaaaaaaaaaaay more fun
Well at least you're honest about it.
She's been given ample opportunity to improve and earn the fans' respect and GREATLY failed to do so. She's still a charisma-less black hole who has the in-ring skills of a 12 year old backyard wrestler despite having been in the WWE for 2 1/2 years, and deserves the backlash she's getting because of it.
From my understanding she only started training recently, the brass at WWE clearly didn't mind this, but it's the fans who are most bothered by this. NXT is the soil by which their next performers grow on, but the fans won't let them plant the seed.

bjork

Not if a crowd section full of smarky tubby neckbeards have anything to say about it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
NoRéN;186026249 said:
That's part of the problem I think. How long did Paige havebefore WWE? Not that she's great.
Right, I think it's one thing to criticize a performer, but it's another to outright bash them. WWE pulls talent from a wide variety of background, but people are always foremost critical of those who don't already have a background in wrestling and they're often critiqued down to every single minute moment. Which is interesting because the flaws or weaknesses of those who already have a background in wrestling often go ignored and are rarely mentioned let alone bashed.

Jamie OD

so what happened with that TNA countdown clock? now their site just has a looping 30 second youtube clip.

The clock is supposed to end at 10am Eastern over in USA but they fucked up and the site instead adjusted the countdown to your local time. So for us in Europe the countdown ended at 10am in our time zones while in other parts of the world it is still going. The youtube clip is apparently just a placeholder for the real video.

Aiii

So not worth it
The clock is supposed to end at 10am Eastern over in USA but they fucked up and the site instead adjusted the countdown to your local time. So for us in Europe the countdown ended at 10am in our time zones while in other parts of the world it is still going. The youtube clip is apparently just a placeholder for the real video.

TNA gonna TNA to the bitter end.

Anyways, it's unlikely they got a TV deal, so it'll be some kind of streaming solution. Maybe a paid YT sub or something?

XShagrath

Was there not an NXT taping last night? I work over at Full Sail and saw the NXT sign up at the venue, and saw Apollo Crews in the parking lot when I was heading into the building, but I can't find the results anywhere.

Top Bottom