• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Anth0ny

THAT WAS ONE PUNCH, KID

tofYaZC.gif

the show that defined our generation, friends.

jmdajr

Star Wars Battlefront isn't bad, but man without online play it's.. worthless.

Seems like common knowledge but I still have a few folks surprised that there is no story mode.

Sephzilla

Star Wars Battlefront isn't bad, but man without online play it's.. worthless.

Seems like common knowledge but I still have a few folks surprised that there is no story mode.

I picked up Battlefront last night. Fighter Squadron mode is basically the 2015 Rogue Squadron I always wanted. The lack of a single player really hurts the game, with as fun as the gameplay is and with how pretty it is (holy shit) they could have done wonders with a single player mode.

Gonzalez

Banned
Real talk, Eva's about as good as Charlotte was when she debuted on TV. The Flair name and doing some gymnast shit went a long way for her, it seems.
Naah... You can still tell even back then that Charlotte was a natural. There is nothing natural about Eva.

jmdajr

I picked up Battlefront last night. Fighter Squadron mode is basically the 2015 Rogue Squadron I always wanted. The lack of a single player really hurts the game, with as fun as the gameplay is and with how pretty it is (holy shit) they could have done wonders with a single player mode.

Looks great and pretty easy to pick and up and play.

BFIB

Battlefront looks fantastic, and I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but it just looks like I'd be bored after a month. No near enough meat on the bone.

Anth0ny

If they released a single player DLC for Battlefront I'd probably jump on it. I can see them doing that in, like, March of next year. The game would likely be $40 or less by that time, too.

the game was clearly rushed to be ready for Force Awakens hype time.

Striker

Snooki at WM was better than anything I've seen Charlotte do.
Charlotte reminds me of Axel and Dibiase Jr. in that they're basically attaching to her dad. They did the same shit with those guys. Difference is none of these sons/daughter have an ounce of charisma their fathers have. Let them be someone different, or is it that much of a challenge to do as creative?

BUSHI's return has been delayed yet again, however it may be storyline - he was set to compete in tomorrow's World Tag League opener at Korakuen Hall, but NJPW say they've been unable to contact him. Incidentally, Naito still insists his 'pareja' hasn't shown up yet and that he wasn't referring to EVIL. Both Naito & EVIL were notable in their refusal to attend the WTL press conference earlier today.

Yoshinari Ogawa beat Zack Sabre Jr. at Korakuen for NOAH today, then afterwards he apparently told the crowd that it was Zack's last match in NOAH. Make of that what you will.

Naah... You can still tell even back then that Charlotte was a natural. There is nothing natural about Eva.

Eva has a long way to go, but there's not a lot about Charlotte's work that seems natural to me, she too often appears to be thinking about what's next rather than acting within the moment - I think she felt more comfortable in the outset than Eva has ever appeared, but neither are great and I feel Charlotte gets a pass for obvious reasons.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Eva has a long way to go, but there's not a lot about Charlotte's work that seems natural to me, she too often appears to be thinking about what's next rather than acting within the moment - I think she felt more comfortable in the outset than Eva has ever appeared, but neither are great and I feel Charlotte gets a pass for obvious reasons.

I think people, a lot of people, still assume Charlotte will tap into the Flair genes and be a natural when it might just be her hard work putting her at the level it is. I don't know.

Eva knows how to be an incredible heel right now. Whether or not she can do it in a completely different kind of situation remains to be seen. But still, it's something.

Tanahashi & Elgin are going to use a finisher for the WTL with the uninspired name of; High Fly Flow from Elgin. Guessing he'll vertical suplex Tanahashi into the splash, or gorilla press him.

Anyone here going to be watching? Tomorrow's show is absolutely FREE, motherfuckers - no excuse...well, other than timezones. 9:30 AM for the UK, 4:30 AM for the East Coast and 1:30 AM for the West Coast. But, still, FREE!

I think people, a lot of people, still assume Charlotte will tap into the Flair genes and be a natural when it might just be her hard work putting her at the level it is. I don't know.

I'd agree with that, it's not like Charlotte isn't working hard, because she is, but she isn't all there yet either and doesn't have an ounce of her father's charisma.

Showaddy

I also feel that WWE knows Enzo can sell a TON of merch and is crazy marketable, so they want to do it right and not rush them out there.

I did watch Geordie Shore and that was kind of pathetic.

If they thought that they would have given him more than 3 pieces of merch whilst he's down in NXT surely? Balor seems to be the only person they're actively giving merch to right now.

Tanahashi & Elgin are going to use a finisher for the WTL with the uninspired name of; High Fly Flow from Elgin. Guessing he'll vertical suplex Tanahashi into the splash, or gorilla press him.

Anyone here going to be watching? Tomorrow's show is absolutely FREE, motherfuckers - no excuse...well, other than timezones. 9:30 AM for the UK, 4:30 AM for the East Coast and 1:30 AM for the West Coast. But, still, FREE!

I'd agree with that, it's not like Charlotte isn't working hard, because she is, but she isn't all there yet either and doesn't have an ounce of her father's charisma.

I'll try to catch some of it, but I really need to get through BOLA already.

Charlotte has always seemed to be the worst in the Charlotte/Sasha/Bayley/Becky line up to me, but I always figured some of that was me naturally rooting for the new talents over the Ric Flair's daughter thing.

Kaladin

Everything Charlotte does is pure Sara Del Rey, even more so than Sasha, Becky and Bailey. I think that comes from the fact that Charlotte likely hasn't had any other teacher influence her so much while the others have.

Tonight's NJPW on AXS:

IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. A.J. Styles (from The New Beginning in Osaka)

The CZW/WSU joint show and CZW's Night of Infamy are also tonight.

klonere

Banned

Definitely will be getting of bed in time for it tomorrow morning, quite excited to see #BIGMIKE in action again.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Except there's been plenty of people who were hated by an audience then won them over gradually, so that's nonsense. If she suddenly busted out good matches and promos no one would mind her.

...which would then make her not get booed.

The point of heels is to get people to boo them and want to see them not succeed.

Rollins' main weakness as a heel (and Owens to a certain extent) is that they can't tone down their move-set to actually get heel heat. If modern audiences feel like "ability = face", then you get them mad at you by not showing off an indy style move set.

Hex

Banned
Charlotte has always seemed to be the worst in the Charlotte/Sasha/Bayley/Becky line up to me, but I always figured some of that was me naturally rooting for the new talents over the Ric Flair's daughter thing.

Not going to lie, if she was not Ric's daughter she would be in Emma country.
That is why it was honestly smart of them to pull the double dizzle and hit it head on turning it into a work

Hex

Banned
I don't know, she does have a natural athleticism that puts her above others at that level.

Athleticism alone does not cut it though.
You have great personalities with average work, and you have great work with average personalities. That is what the midcard is full of.

Are they really gonna waste Cesaro on a fucking Stardust feud?

Which would of course tie in the Ascension thus leading to six man obsurity for hell knows how long.

Kaladin

Athleticism alone does not cut it though.
You have great personalities with average work, and you have great work with average personalities. That is what the midcard is full of.

Divas are a different ballgame though. There is no real mid-card for the divas on the main roster, you're either main event level, a jobber that switches from face to heel as needed or not on TV.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I missed #IndiePosterThursday but here's what Tulsa has on tap

12227136_982707038458334_9002953366318089349_n.jpg

klonere

Banned
Alright WrassleGAF how many of you honestly think Roman is turning heel this Sunday?

The machine is behind him as a face -
Oodles of merch which will take a battering in sales,

Prominent face (heh) of many promotional activities the company does,

Lost a lot of that heat from the general crowd since Rumble/Mania,

HE'S FACE AND THAT'S IT DAMMNIT,

All too obvious heel Sheamus feud if he stays face

Ambrose not thought of as WHC material

More onus on him to carry a feud outside of the ring, which he has questionable credentials in being able to do

More avatar bets!

I'll admit that it's harder to find a worse avatar than the Minions avatar I gave Boots during the Lethal Lottery this year. That was a Tanahashi-esque 1/100 avatar.

Ithil

...which would then make her not get booed.

The point of heels is to get people to boo them and want to see them not succeed.

Rollins' main weakness as a heel (and Owens to a certain extent) is that they can't tone down their move-set to actually get heel heat. If modern audiences feel like "ability = face", then you get them mad at you by not showing off an indy style move set.

By that logic you should just bring in some untrained people off the street and have them be terrible, for your heels.

Top Bottom