• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Anth0ny

Alright WrassleGAF how many of you honestly think Roman is turning heel this Sunday?

The machine is behind him as a face -
Oodles of merch which will take a battering in sales,

Prominent face (heh) of many promotional activities the company does,

Lost a lot of that heat from the general crowd since Rumble/Mania,

HE'S FACE AND THAT'S IT DAMMNIT,

All too obvious heel Sheamus feud if he stays face

Ambrose not thought of as WHC material

More onus on him to carry a feud outside of the ring, which he has questionable credentials in being able to do

there's obviously no chance

a3sugmg.jpg

even though it's the correct thing to do from a storytelling perspective and a "getting the guy legitimately over" perspective

tm24

I saw NJPW's chairman making hints that another CMLL star could get an extended stay in Japan like Dorada. Any idea who it might be? Would be great to have Cavernario around for a bit longer, the New Japan fans really took to him on his last two tours.

The names being thrown out in rumor circles are Cavenario, Dragon Lee and Hechicero. All are really high on NJPW officials lists. Cavenario shaving would lend credence to this since he needs photos for visas. Dragon Lee is the popular candidate if only because just sticking him and Kamaitachi together in a ring would get him over unlike El Desperado. Hechicero just straight up impressed officials with the crazy shit he does

KingBroly

Banned
The winner will probably go heel...

unless they have Sheamus cash-in...smh

OR they have Reigns lose to Ambrose, then he snaps because his best friend beats him clean and it shakes his moral core.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The winner will probably go heel...

unless they have Sheamus cash-in...smh

OR they have Reigns lose to Ambrose, then he snaps because his best friend beats him clean and it shakes his moral core.

You might want to check how many clean losses Roman Reigns has

Kaladin

Got an e-mail for a local house show in January, here is what they're advertising:

Potential SS spoilers?

See Roman Reigns vs. Money In The Bank Contract Winner Sheamus!

Also See Dean Ambrose, Kevin Owens,
New Day and many more!

Read into that what you will.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Got an e-mail for a local house show in January, here is what they're advertising:

Potential SS spoilers?

See Roman Reigns vs. Money In The Bank Contract Winner Sheamus!

Also See Dean Ambrose, Kevin Owens,
New Day and many more!

Read into that what you will.

What is there to read into it other than Roman Reigns is fighting Sheamus? A lot of the matches on house shows are just random.

That she's mediocre in the ring, terrible on the stick, and there's nothing to her besides being related to Ric flair?

I can't be the only one that finds her apparent stage fright a little endearing. I also like that she's playing a non-bitch character.

Kaladin

that gif is trash. it's big momma's house scary movie trash.

i hope i never see that gif again in this topic.

I hope that was sarcasm, because you realize you just ensured that gif will be on this page 20 times at least.

Or maybe you wanted that gif all over this page.

1VsaGLf.gif

bjork

Charlotte reminds me of Axel and Dibiase Jr. in that they're basically attaching to her dad. They did the same shit with those guys. Difference is none of these sons/daughter have an ounce of charisma their fathers have. Let them be someone different, or is it that much of a challenge to do as creative?

Ted Jr was the future. :(

Anth0ny

Ric Flair On Getting Cesaro Ready For a Brock Lesnar Feud:

I feel like Cesaro, given the opportunity and with a vehicle to convey his thoughts, whether it be through himself or through a manager, which would be me, you could get him ready for Brock Lesnar in two months and the people would believe it. He’s that strong and he’s good [of] a performer. And he’s that big. You’re not going to bounce Cesaro around like a dart.” Flair continued, “I think he could be a great opponent for Brock Lesnar. I mean, you’d need to stay on him because his work is phenomenal, he looks like a million bucks, and he’s stronger than a horse in real life. He’s really strong, strongest guy in the company, and that came right from John Cena.”

me1gROp.gif

Striker

I remember when people thought Ted would be the breakout guy
He was supposed to turn babyface and breakaway from Legacy right up to Mania in 2010. They had him in a movie and everything. But they must have changed plans and, instead, pushed to change Orton face and he literally did nothing that year in terms of direction or character. Mindless booking from the start for him, Ted Jr. and Cody.

Angry Grimace

Cesaro should be in a Ric Flair type character. Give the man suits, limos and private jets and he's gold.

Cesaro should be a James Bond villain. It's probably too late, anyways but his biggest problem is that he has that one default goofy grin facial expression that he's been doing since he debuted every single time the camera points at him and he's not wrestling.

Bandini

FANTASY BOOKING TIME

Ambrose beats Owens
Ambrose vs Reigns
Match too close to call, getting near the end, OWENS MUSIC HITS
IS HE HERE TO GET REVENGE ON AMBROSE, MAGGLE?!?
Owens interferes... giving Ambrose the win
Nobody can believe it, Ambrose looks as shocked as anyone, he's clutching the belt in disbelief
Triple H comes out to the top of the ramp all smiles, gets on the mic and tells Reigns he's now been betrayed by both of his best friends
Reigns flips out, shoves Ambrose, Ambrose shoves back, SUPERMAN PUNCH
SPEAR
Reigns can't deal, leaves through the crowd
Triple H and Owens grease ball it up as it fades to black

Over the next few weeks, we see Reigns attacking Ambrose everywhere, backstage segments with Dean entering the Ambrose asylum FOR REAL, seemingly unable to handle losing his best friend and the pressure of being constantly targeted

We find out that Ambrose didn't turn his back on Reigns, it was a trick by the Authority to divide and conquer, and by the time Roman figures out what really happened, Dean is too far gone. He's cracked, paranoid and angry, doing whatever he can to hurt anyone he sees as an enemy

Face Roman vs Heel Dean at Wrestlemania for the title, book it Vince

Anth0ny

Cesaro should be in a Ric Flair type character. Give the man suits, limos and private jets and he's gold.

damn

Flair could be his manager, week in and week out they style and profile, come to the show every week in a limo, they could even walk to the ring every night with sexy ladies like Eva Marie

muBq4Mt.gif

Angry Grimace

Not always, angry friend. A lot of times the matches in the show reflect current programs. Do not be surprised if Sheamus and Reigns begin their feud post survivor series.

I'll take a wild fucking guess and assume Sheamus wins the tournament. I thought all along that Reigns won't get it until next April.

They're often enough people who had a beef in the recent-ish past, but sometimes its just heel fights face. It makes it hard to read anything into future storylines.

Striker

Cody got way better than Ted really quickly.
Well yeah he had way more charisma. He should be much higher than he is now, but you know.

I remember a tag match between nu-DX and Legacy that took place inside a Cell. It went from Triple H getting locked out for 15 minutes and both Cody and Ted beat the shit out of Shawn the whole time. I'm not sure why but it took Hunter super long to go to the back and find bolt-cutters. Anyway, he finally gets inside and practically dismantles two guys all by himself(!).

Oh, and that was the PPV's main event.

Cesaro as a Flair-like character is basically his Swiss Money Holdings gimmick, I've always maintained that bringing that character back would work perfectly for Cesaro, but WWE have in the past shown an aversion to using gimmicks they didn't create.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pair him with Paul Heyman, treat him as an unstoppable techincal machine. Market him ad the British Daniel Bryan.

Heyman isn't a great manager, though. He had a couple good runs. All Lesnar runs, and the Dangerous Alliance. Everything else has been pretty much a stinker.

Angry Grimace

Heyman doesn't even do anything but deliver the same screaming promo 8 times a year where the only difference between any given one is which catchphrase he's trying to get over to put on merch.

New tanahashi podcast translations via Chris Charlton

Tanahashi's top four wrestlers of 2015: 1) Nakamura 2) AJ 3) himself 4) Okada #podcastoff

Tana in the gym with Elgin: 'let's do bench presses. How much do you bench?' Elgin '208kg' Tana 'let's do something else'. #podcastoff

Tana 'what's his finish called?' 'Evil, I think'. 'Evil's Evil?' 'Evil's Evil'. 'Huh'. #podcastoff

Tana talks about Elgin being a new dad, says he could call him 'daddy' and come out riding on his shoulders. #podcastoff

Tana says it wasn't until midway thru the Okada match you realized Tenryu can't move. 'The match reminded you how good Okada is' #podcastoff

More on twitter

Check out @reasonjp's Tweet: https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/667684242223005697?s=09

Kaladin

Heyman isn't a great manager, though. He had a couple good runs. All Lesnar runs, and the Dangerous Alliance. Everything else has been pretty much a stinker.

I actually agree with you here, Curtis Axel and Ryback are great examples of this.

Heyman works best with material that he is excited about doing, you can tell when he's not, and you can really tell when he is.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Him with Punker is one of those odd situations where it basically worked, but why does this guy even have a manager?

Much like Ric Flair with Mr. Perfect/Bobby the Brain.

Top Bottom