• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
yeah i'm catching up on cm punk's stuff more and more and man

he is really good. i totally get what you folks saw in him at the time, looking back. just watching his intro at his WWE title win over del rio which led into his record reign, and out comes finkel

ahhh
Man you should watch his feud with Jeff Hardy in...09? 08? It's exceptional. Those two have great chemistry.

imBask

Banned
Prediction for Sunday

Ambrose turns heel and wins the title. He's the only one of the final 4 that Hunter hasn't talked to, and has left hints along the way about people not wanting to do what they can to advance are crazy. Then you have Ambrose talking about turning the whole show upside-down and how it'll be crazy.

how about this :

Roman wins, sheamus is the chosen one, cash-in with the help of haitch, we fall asleep

Goddamn, I don't check this OT for a few days and it's like something worth talking about happened since Tuesday.

Initially I thought that was to set up Paige's part of the promo but they didn't go that way. Paige being furious about her comparing her upbringing to Charlottes and probably saying something about Ric never coming home because he didn't give a shit about her.

There were lots of things in Charlotte's promo for her to jump on including her wording the bit about doing it for Reid as the ONLY reason she's there.

Needed that cheap heat instead of what could be a logical direction because while they're both second generation and all that that's pretty much where the similarities end. There's so much they could've dug into it instead of going for the easy and cheap "dead brother" route. Maybe they're afraid because they clearly want to make Charlotte the "star" of the division and ensure she gets the sympathy.

I enjoyed last nights segment, but that sort of bugged me. It reminds of when kids, and adults used to call all consoles "Nintendo's".

Or "Tendo" as my grandmother use to call it. Yeah, it's worse when we know she should know better.

KingBroly

Banned
how about this :

Roman wins, sheamus is the chosen one, cash-in with the help of haitch, we fall asleep

I came up with a better idea.

Reigns beats Del Rio

Owens/Ambrose ends in a Double countout, so no one advances.

Reigns comes out later and he tries to get the belt via a Ceremony. Hunter says 'another man lays claim to this Championship, and he's ready to fight. tonight'

*Cue the music

IT'S TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!!!!!

Great tag league show from Korakuen Hall today, definitely check out Ishii & Nakamura vs Meiyu Tag and Tanahashi & #BIGMIKE vs Okada & YOSHI, two awesome matches. Also, Los Ingobernables
got a new member in BUSHI, who spit black mist in the eyes of Gallows allowing Naito to hit Destino for the win. Also, Shibata pinned Ishii, so has a potential NEVER title shot down the line

Great tag league show from Korakuen Hall today, definitely check out Ishii & Nakamura vs Meiyu Tag and Tanahashi & #BIGMIKE vs Okada & YOSHI, two awesome matches. Also, Los Ingobernables
got a new member in BUSHI, who spit black mist in the eyes of Gallows allowing Naito to hit Destino for the win. Also, Shibata pinned Ishii, so has a potential NEVER title shot down the line

The difference between ROH Elgin and #BIGMIKE is astounding. That said, the Tanahashi/Elgin combo High Fly Flow is not great. I was hoping it would be closer to a Colossus/Wolverine fast ball special.
1x7QZWh

It's time for Roman to step up into the next phase of why can't you be more like your cousin Dwayne.

Heel turn 'no one saw coming' that everyone saw coming, beats Dean by BAH GAWD disgraceful methods to win the title at a Survivor Series tournament for said belt. Bu bu bu buuuut Mom, he only just said he wouldn't sellout last week. :'( :'( How could he??

Roman comes out the next night wearing sunglasses INSIDE :O and a suit and tie, carrying the title folded under his arm.

"I don't give a damn what you think."

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Poor Dean, he spent too much time with all the cows, keeps getting turned on. :(

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - B-
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+
SuperBrawl V - D+
Uncensored '95 - F
WrestleMania XI - D+
In Your House 1 - C-
Slamboree '95 - C-
The Great American Bash '95 - D
King of the Ring '95 - F
Bash at the Beach '95 - F
In Your House 2: The Lumberjacks - C
Clash of the Champions XXXI - C
SummerSlam '95 - C+
Fall Brawl '95 - D+
In Your House 3: Triple Header - C+
In Your House 4: Great White North - D+
Halloween Havoc '95 - F
Survivor Series '95 - C+
World War 3 '95 - C
In Your House 5: Seasons Beatings - C-
Starrcade '95 - B-

Royal Rumble '96 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXXII - C
SuperBrawl VI - D+
In Your House 6: Rage in the Cage - C-
Uncensored '96 - D
WrestleMania XII - B-
In Your House 7: Good Friends, Better Enemies - C-
Slamboree '96 - C
In Your House 8: Beware of Dog - B-
The Great American Bash '96 - B
King of the Ring '96 - B-
Bash at the Beach '96 - B
In Your House 9: International Incident - C-
Hog Wild - C
Clash of the Champions XXXIII - C+
SummerSlam '96 - D+
Fall Brawl '96 - B
In Your House 10: Mind Games - C
In Your House 11: Buried Alive - C+
Halloween Havoc '96 - C+
Survivor Series '96 - B-
World War 3 '96 - B-
In Your House 12: It's Time - C
Starrcade '96 - B-

Royal Rumble '97 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXXIV - C
Souled Out '97 - F
In Your House 13: Final Four - C+
SuperBrawl VII - C-
Uncensored '97 - B-
WrestleMania 13 - C
Spring Stampede '97 - C+
Barely Legal '97 - C-
In Your House 14: Revenge of the Taker - C-
In Your House 15: A Cold Day in Hell - C
Slamboree '97 - B-
King of the Ring '97 - D+
The Great American Bash '97 - C
In Your House 16: Canadian Stampede - B-
Bash at the Beach '97 - B
SummerSlam '97 - B
Road Wild '97 - D+
Hardcore Heaven '97 - C
Clash of the Champions XXXV - B-
Ground Zero: In Your House - D+
Fall Brawl '96 - C-
One Night Only - C
Badd Blood: In Your House - D+
Halloween Havoc '97 - B-
Survivor Series '97 - C+
November to Remember '97 - C
D-Generation X: In Your House - C
Don't get me wrong; there's a good amount of crap going on at Halloween Havoc '97 (are we finally done with the multiple Stings schtick now that Halloween is over?), but at least it's mostly interesting and fun to watch. And that Eddie/Rey match is one of my favorite matches ever, I think. And even crappy stuff like Hogan vs. Piper in the caaage had memorable stuff like old man Savage crazily jumping off the cage to crumble in the ring as no one broke his fall. I have no idea how he didn't Sid Vicious a leg or something.

Oh, last thing I want to mention: it was incredible and hilarious that there was absolutely no reaction to Hogan hitting two legdrops and Piper kicking out. People were just like "k." It was probably the overdone multiple Stings thing and the fact that Piper was facing Hogan for the third time with absolutely nothing on the line that put a damper on the whole thing for the crowd. It's just amazing to see no reaction for something like that, specifically in 1997.

Watched Rollins and Ambrose lumberjack match in summerslam '14. Amazing match, amazing chemistry. Wow. Not even an ambrose fan but fucking wow.

I remember this being a surprise because lumberjack gimmicks usually lead to mediocrity at best but it was a damn fine match.

Didn't stop most of wrasslegaf from salting it up due to a Kane related ending mind you.

ElRenoRaven

Finally watching this weeks NXT and dear god the Full Sail crowd really did suck ass this week. I really am beginning to wonder if they are brain dead. Oh and yea who the fuck wants to see Eva Marie next week? Crowd should have have chanted even louder and drown her out worse. Debating if I'm going to even bother to watch.

MC Safety

Finally watching this weeks NXT and dear god the Full Sail crowd really did suck ass this week. I really am beginning to wonder if they are brain dead. Oh and yea who the fuck wants to see Eva Marie next week? Crowd should have have chanted even louder and drown her out worse. Debating if I'm going to even bother to watch.

Mick Foley said something to the effect of the Full Sail crowd has made the show about the Full Sail crowd. And I think he's absolutely right.

Yeah, that was the worst possible timing.

They probably would've been better served not airing the damn angle, but instead they did, and then murderized Hassan right after.

It would be hilarious of this happened but it was the introduction of a new character.

Happy Nazi Guy turns into Happy ISIS Guy. Vince is dumb enough to try!

That's good. All potential threads should be taken seriously

xGhE7d3.gif

BUSHI & EVIL still need to prove themselves, but with La Sombra gone I'm gonna say Los Ingobernables Japan is the superior side of the group. Rush needs some new, less shitty team mates :p

Top Bottom