• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Heroman

Banned
My problem with Arnold is that by the time I became old enough to understand movies Arnold was already a joke and was lame. So when go back try to watch old Arnold movie they come off lame , beside predator which is mostly due to the predator.

klonere

Banned
Pain and Gain is the best rock movie

Rock is a great method actor

hJfk2PF.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Rock is actually a very good actor.

He happened to get very lucky in that Fast Five turned the series from a medium size action staple to the Ocean's Eleven action movie biggest production in Hollywood. Though maybe bringing him on was what gave the franchise that push. I dunno.

He's still yet to headline anything remotely as big as Arnold's biggest movies, and unlike Arnold isn't the perfect man to be impersonating a robot. Just like Linda McMahon is the best possible actress to portray a catatonic women Arnold is perfect at being a robot.

Menome

Last Action Hero is one of Arnold's best movies. It's a shame that movie got berried by JP1 when it came out.

Charles Dance is at his absolute best in that film: "Hello? I've just shot somebody, I did it on purpose!...I said, I have murdered a man and I want to confess!"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Rock could play the Terminator, it just would seem wrong because the Rock can actually act and the role requires you to be wooden and laconic the entire time.

Kaladin

The Rock is actually a very good actor.

He happened to get very lucky in that Fast Five turned the series from a medium size action staple to the Ocean's Eleven action movie biggest production in Hollywood. Though maybe bringing him on was what gave the franchise that push. I dunno.

He's still yet to headline anything remotely as big as Arnold's biggest movies, and unlike Arnold isn't the perfect man to be impersonating a robot. Just like Linda McMahon is the best possible actress to portray a catatonic women Arnold is perfect at being a robot.

I don't know if there is any movie Rock can headline that would be as big as Arnold's biggest movies. Hollywood back then was cranking out original stuff left and right, and now they're knee deep in remake culture and sequelitis that big original films are fewer and further apart.

Can't believe anyone would blame Heyman or Cesaro for the way that shit turned out. "Hey, guys, let's make this dude a heel but (and here's the genius part) he doesn't actually DO or SAY anything particularly heelish! It's gonna be so great!".

Also, the job of a booker is to accentuate the positives of a performer and disguise the negatives. Have WWE done a good job of accentuating Cesaro's strengths? Sure. But what about disguising his weaknesses? Hah. Hahaha. HAHAHAHAH.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Rock is one of the very few wrestlers who can act-act and not just wrestling act.

All I'm saying is that Richard Roeper probably hasn't ever summarized his role in a movie like this:

"...a loud, abrasive, irritating Dave Bautista, turning in one of the worst acting jobs in recent memory"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can't believe anyone would blame Heyman or Cesaro for the way that shit turned out. "Hey, guys, let's make this dude a heel but (and here's the genius part) he doesn't actually DO or SAY anything particularly heelish! It's gonna be so great!".

Also, the job of a booker is to accentuate the positives of a performer and disguise the negatives. Have WWE done a good job of accentuating Cesaro's strengths? Sure. But what about disguising his weaknesses? Hah. Hahaha. HAHAHAHAH.
Sure. Agreed. But how do you explain Axel? A no-win state? (Yes)

Why on earth did I make the mistake of talking box office in those Star Wars threads

Now I'm going to get sucked into a black hole of nonsense

Marvel

could never
Laughter shouldn't be a hated feature on a humans face, but boy does Roman bring it out of me when he does. It's a very strange reaction.

Take a guess
the latter

Ahah, saw Drew's post about it earlier and thought as much. I like Beyond, but these attempts at creating controversy don't really do them any favours. Incidentally, Thorne being all passive aggressive because his shows don't sell out is one of my favourite indie twitter things at present.

Pwinsider version of what happened with the Charlotte and Reid angle:

If true, it totally undermines the "Evil Rich White Man Vince sprang this on Charlotte at the last minute and she was in too vulnerable of a position to even think of saying no!" story, since Vince probably would have listened to his other top creative guys if Charlotte had simply said she wasn't really comfortable with it.

Also makes Charlotte look much worse, if she knew about it all day and didn't consult her family at all. To me, someone pitching this to Charlotte as a possibility, and her thinking maybe she could give her career a boost with it and not really thinking about the repercussions, makes more sense to me than Vince forcing her to do it. Shit, I'll bet HHH was livid anybody was even suggesting it, given his relationship with Ric.

I'm just saying if I was Roman,
CTfzD2dUwAA8aEe.jpg

I'd be watching my spot, girl

Going by this picture, I'm pretty sure more women would think Roman attractive than this dude. He's more of a pretty boy, whereas Roman is handsome in a more masculine way.

It is all about me. I am the Shining Star of WrassleGAF!

Ahah, saw Drew's post about it earlier and thought as much. I like Beyond, but these attempts at creating controversy don't really do them any favours. Incidentally, Thorne being all passive aggressive because his shows don't sell out is one of my favourite indie twitter things at present.

Beyond does weird stuff like that with Crusade For Change (they suck), Darius Carter (sucks), Chris Dickinson (reckless as fuck) and now Janela (good guy). It's weird.

I fucking laugh at Thorne all the time. He's a complete fool. Unprofessional as all get out. I'll be glad when they eventually die.

Here are 25 Phenomenal Facts about the seven-time WWE World Heavyweight Champion:

While he officially debuted as “The Undertaker” during the 1990 Survivor Series, he competed as “Kane ‘The Undertaker’” in pre-taped matches prior to his live debut.

One of Undertaker’s original finishing moves was the Elbow Drop, where he would walk across the top rope and drop a brutal elbow on his opponent.

He appeared on the debut episode of Monday Night Raw and is the only Superstar from that episode who is still on the WWE roster.

When Undertaker debuted, the World Wide Web was one year away from being introduced to the public.

Despite leaving the WrestleMania ring as a champion several times, he never entered a WrestleMania match as a champion.

During his debut, he defeated not one, but two WWE Hall of Famers, Koko B. Ware and Dusty Rhodes, in a matter of minutes.

Since his debut, four United States Presidents have held office and 34 new countries have been founded.

Johnny Carson was still host of The Tonight Show when Undertaker debuted.

Seven Winter Olympics and six Summer Olympics have taken place since Undertaker debuted.
Throughout his career, Undertaker had 15 Championship reigns.

160 men have tried, and failed, to defeat “The Phenom” during pay-per-view matches.

His longest one-on-one match was with WWE Superstar Triple H® and lasted 30 minutes and 52 seconds.

His shortest-ever televised match was against WWE Hall of Famer Iron Sheik™ and lasted just 18 seconds.

He holds the record for competing on more WWE television shows than any other WWE Superstar.

Undertaker is WWE’s first-ever World Champion with no last name.

He competed in the first-ever Hell in a Cell match in 1997 against Shawn Michaels.

Undertaker’s urn has been stolen by opponents seven times.

Undertaker is a five-time Pro Wrestling Illustrated Award-winner.

During the span of his career at WWE, Undertaker has competed against 41 Hall-of-Famers.

He has appeared in 17 Survivor Series matches, and won 12 of them.

Undertaker has been featured on 61 pay-per-view posters.

He has been on 16 video game covers, more than any other WWE Superstar with the exception of Triple H®.

Despite his record number of WrestleMania wins, he went a decade without winning a championship at WrestleMania – the longest amount of time for any Superstar in WrestleMania history.

He went head-to-head with Kane 19 times during pay-per-view events.

It has been over 9,100 days since Undertaker debuted 25 years ago.

shaowebb

Wonder how taker will retire? Will he win or will he lose his final match.

Gets put in a casket. Someone later references digging it up. Steals Undertaker's powers. Creates a new deadman from his soul. Braun Stowman appears after being gone for months. Beard shaved cleanly and dyed black to mask his prior gimmick. Possible facepaint to further mask his old character from this one. Squashes people and only loses via DQ for months. Sets up the gimmick to continue onward. Showcases some of the strongest looking chokeslams we've seen in years.

Anyone thinking Charlotte knew about it all day is a fool.

Don't wanna interrupt the narrative

Just block peeps and move on. 75% of the thread moves by like a breeze now!

After reading some interview, I don't think he's going to retire to be honest. I think he'll continue to make the WM appearance even though the streak is over.

I think he retires, but it ain't anytime soon

2020 at earliest

I'd be surprised if this isn't all heading to Undertaker retiring in Dallas. He's a southern guy, southern gimmicks, is past 50, looks it and moves like it, and has that concussion from last year along with god knows what on his injury list.

From a storyline perspective, there isn't anywhere else for him to go - he isn't winning the WWE title again (he COULD, but that isn't their model right now), he's finished his Lesnar feud and lost, all that's left is some final legacy feud whatever they might come up with for that be it Sting, which was probably the plan before he got hurt, or whatever they cook up. Bray would be underwhelming so hopefully they're getting that out of the way now. There are few options for continuing storylines with him in the years ahead that won't feel as diminished and pointless as his match with Bray this year. Undertaker has told all the tales he has to tell as an active performer except the ending.

That isn't to say he can't return in a non-active capacity later, he could and probably will, and it might even be good, but I don't see any reason why Undertaker shouldn't retire at this year's WM. I've seen enough of him, I think we all have, and I just hope he gets to go out on a high note.

Top Bottom