• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

That was one of those things where they do it right sometimes, but then how can they turn around and do it so wrong?
I mean ultimately you either want 3 things to happen in wrestling.

2 guys to beat each other up. Winner stands alone on the bloody battlefield.

1 face to beat one heel up. Vengeance or Revenge could be the reason.

1 guy to move up the card by winning an important match or belt. Claiming victory.

That's it. Anything else is a minor varaiation of those 3 points.

RBH

bf2.gif

That was such a simple and good way to kick off an angle.

Why the fuck do they make it seem so hard to book fueds?

It's essentially

These two guys fucking HATE each other.

long pause

They fucking HATE each other

which one do you like best?

and yeah it pretty much works.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How over is Cesaro really? I mean, I think most of us could probably come up with a character/gimmick for the guy that would be fun, but would it really be worth it? Not that you can really quantify how over any particular person is anyways. As far as I can tell the only active full-time wrestler who consistently gets the desired reaction is Dean Ambrose.

Zach

Why is Curt Hennig -- currently the United States Champeen at Halloween Havoc '97 -- carrying the Cruiserweight Championship? It's hilarious because the belt is even heavily involved in the match...

How over is Cesaro really? I mean, I think most of us could probably come up with a character/gimmick for the guy that would be fun, but would it really be worth it? Not that you can really quantify how over any particular person is anyways. As far as I can tell the only active full-time wrestler who consistently gets the desired reaction is Dean Ambrose.

I can totally see why they don't run with him despite all the positive comments from us and old pros - he isn't that marketable. It's pretty simple. He is awkward on the mic, is also not American, and he's bald and doesn't own it the way stone cold did (not to say that he couldn't, it's just cesaro's look right now - which is totally fine but not a marketable face).

If WWE was operating a different branding strategy right now which presented 'this is OUR guy, and here why he is cool' then Cesaro could totally work - alot of people could work. Owens and Ambrose are other contenders, despite the fact I think Ambrose is boring in the ring.

But that isn't what WWE is about right now - they want marketable faces who speak with american accents who they can market from that perspective. It's safe and won't fail, because it hasn't and isn't failing. WWE IS wrestling to most people who are even aware enough to not find it is weird that it's fake, and it'll take a generational change in management for that to shift.

WWE right now is playing FOR an audience, a mainstream audience which wants it's already established tastes fulfilled, rather than presenting alternative tastes for them to enjoy.

I think it isn't too glib or smarky to say WWE will improve when Vince dies, for all Vince has done for our continued entertainment.

You know what really grinds my gears:

People who post in threads with new media that they are on a media blackout. What the fuck are you doing in the thread then? Why do you always think that we need to know that you're on a media blackout?

Same people who cry follow when they get spoiled.

Drives me nuts.

Don't know how's he doing it. His favorite football team has a Guy name Brock as the starting QB!!

It cannot be done. The bond we have formed with this fathomless mode of entertainment, and which we fortify by our continued illusion of a 'community' in this topic, retards all attempts to reject it. The only true path ahead is increased engagement with our physical communities and social situations, which we have convinced ourselves we want no part of. It is a process which is deeply ingrained and completely essential to the existence of this topic itself, so no answers ever have, do, or will lie here.

The only thing to be done is to continue to strengthen our bonds with our immediate environments to such a degree that a place like this will become both superfluous and regarded as sickening by us. Until that time comes, I can only hope that I and the rest of us are making incremental improvements to our respective situations in that direction.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
But in all seriousness, is this weekend's Survivor Series a deadly game?

Easily my favorite one night tournament for a title and probably my favorite Russo wet dream swerve moment. Something about SS 1998 just gets me. Rudo ref, false corporate champion, deserving baby face getting screwed, double turn in the main event.

Survivor Series 98 was such a fun show for me as I was in attendance. From the DOA accidentally almost pulling the entire set down during their entrance on Sunday Night Heat, to people pelting my friends and I with trash for cheering for the Rock. Good times were had and the environment was electric.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Survivor Series 98 was such a fun show for me as I was in attendance. From the DOA accidentally almost pulling the entire set down during their entrance on Sunday Night Heat, to people pelting my friends and I with trash for cheering for the Rock. Good times were had and the environment was electric.

Even for the Attitude era I remember thinking god these matches are short.

yeah i'm catching up on cm punk's stuff more and more and man

he is really good. i totally get what you folks saw in him at the time, looking back. just watching his intro at his WWE title win over del rio which led into his record reign, and out comes finkel

ahhh

Khal is a noble savage who only raped Dany 1 time. He is a beautiful boy and their romance is perfect and beautiful.

(i think the ship crap about that couple is weird) (not despicable, not important, it's a tv show, not a big deal)

Khal is a noble savage who only raped Dany 1 time. He is a beautiful boy and their romance is perfect and beautiful.

(i think the ship crap about that couple is weird) (not despicable, not important, it's a tv show, not a big deal)

The thing I hate is when people point at the book to defend Drogo. He's worse in the book. He's nice to her the wedding night and then after just walks into the tent, rails her while she cries, and leaves a few times a day for the next couple of months.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The thing I hate is when people point at the book to defend Drogo. He's worse in the book. He's nice to her the wedding night and then after just walks into the tent, rails her while she cries, and leaves a few times a day for the next couple of months.

roman_reigns_i_can__i_will__by_jonhardy-d8molnd.jpg

did you guys see WWE just crept into the top 5 on demand streaming services by the way? it's not a hair on netflix or anything, but they continue to have success in this area. it's what i'm saying when i say roman is over with the demos that matter, and their branding strategy making sense.

KingBroly

Banned

How many matches was The Big Boss Man in? Like 4?

KingBroly

Banned
Prediction for Sunday

Ambrose turns heel and wins the title. He's the only one of the final 4 that Hunter hasn't talked to, and has left hints along the way about people not wanting to do what they can to advance are crazy. Then you have Ambrose talking about turning the whole show upside-down and how it'll be crazy.

Top Bottom