• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Penguin

Ironically enough I'm listening to The Lapsed Fan right this second of that episode, and they just mentioned it.

1995 is a bad year in WWF, but a crazy (and also bad) year in WCW.

Ha looked this up because mentioned it... are episodes really 4-5 hours long?

klonere

Banned
Ha looked this up because mentioned it... are episodes really 4-5 hours long?

They generally do a preamble which will usually include personal recollections, like their trip to the Silverdome or their producers experience of Summerslam 99 (he saw 5 mins of Bossman vs Al Snow and that was it), a look at the big feuds coming into the PPV, excerpts from wrestling related books (especially Bret's), reading listener feedback on the PPV and other stuff.

Then they go match by match with a lot of the above in extra detail. And a lot of "Lapsed Vince" skits, which can get grating at times but are entertaining enough to be a good inclusion. Great podcast for travelling or housework.

tumblr_ny7fucH1BA1skeohxo1_400.gif

how did he do?

Sunny this one is for you

CUO0UnMUAAAsHbj.jpg

fantastico

he's right, it is why ryback or rusev needs to be champ

Anth0ny

I much prefer longer podcasts to shorter ones. gives me something to listen to while at the gym, long drives or playing kideo games.

lapsed fan and giant bomb are great for that reason alone.

oddjobs

Is Tama Tonga any good? Dude's got a great look and some style.

Cody Hall's going to be a star some day. Some dumb-ass tattoos though.

Hex

Banned
and then Reigns will announce that they stopped the ISIS attack, a la Cena at Extreme Rules '12

Yeah just have someone jump the barrier with a backpack, Reigns spears them and security drags them out and Reigns stands fist held high drinking in the USA chants.
A new legend will be born.
They do not have to SAY Terrorist, or ISIS, or Daesh...just the implication that it could or could not have been.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Yeah just have someone jump the barrier with a backpack, Reigns spears them and security drags them out and Reigns stands fist held high drinking in the USA chants.
A new legend will be born.
They do not have to SAY Terrorist, or ISIS, or Daesh...just the implication that it could or could not have been.
There's like an 85% chance that this will actually happen. You forgot the part where Sgt. Slaughter and Jim Duggan come out to raise Roman on their shoulders.

Is Tama Tonga any good? Dude's got a great look and some style.

Yeah, he's been progressing well, in spite of limited chances - he's upped the character side of his game this year and has been getting good reactions, wouldn't be surprised to see him and Fale be involved in a tag title program at some point next year. I'm assuming Doc & Karl won't be teaming regularly once they drop the belts, Karl's wasted in a tag team and Doc can play the big enforcer role well enough on his own.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One of the few aspects of Okada's booking that I like is the whole 'I'm going to be paired with this garbage loser and still win because i'm the best'

Hex

Banned
There's like an 85% chance that this will actually happen. You forgot the part where Sgt. Slaughter and Jim Duggan come out to raise Roman on their shoulders.

I am expecting a couple fans in uniform that the announcers keep calling attention to constantly through the night.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It'll be a Cena like reaction tbh, I'm going to sway more yays than boos. But not as loud as Cena.

It's just Cena again guys.

Everyone keeps forgetting Roman is Cena-over, where lots of people buy his merch and the segment that cheers him buys a lot of merch.

It's kind of funny though, for all the shit we give the dudes that are basicially walking ads for merch, Kevin Owens has a fucking shitload of merch.

YOSHI-HASHI isn't a garbage loser, dammit! OK, he kinda is - but he tries REALLY HARD not to be. Its endearing.

holy shit EVIL looks dumb as fuck.

Looks like he got his gimmick from the Power Rangers prop department - it was marginally better in the sizeable Osaka gym, but in the smaller venues it's looked ridiculous as hell. He needs to just suit up like Naito & BUSHI.

One thing I'll say in his favour though, everyone thought he'd just be a knock-off Goto with the samurai-esque gear. Glad it didn't turn out that way, at least.

Menome

It would a great example of a despicable business plan: If you want people to forget a tasteless situation from a Monday, give them something new and even more tasteless on the Sunday.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Naito's heel garrb is criminally underrated.

He looks like a fighting game character and it mixes with his old gear perfectly.

He did alter it slightly, it's more black and red now than silver and red. Really needs to change his music, though - it's the only thing that doesn't fit, imo. The chrome masks are kinda goofy as well.

http://zap2it.com/2015/11/john-cena-wwe-absence-sabbatical-american-grit-fox/

A wee interview I found with Cena on squaredcircle, talking about his time off to do this reality show he's doing.

I think the time is right for Cena to try and get into the mainstream properly. He's had a good year in WWE, seemingly redeeming himself a bit with people who find him boring, and his Trainwreck appearance was probably the best part of that movie, at least for me. He was pretty funny.

I'd like to see Cena start to show up in movies Action comedy seems right for him, or just plain comedy, for a while. Actually, a Cena/Rock buddy movie or some kind of gym related movie would be good.

Cena and Rock both own competing gyms...good god. I should write this before anyone else does.

bjork

Die Hard 3 remake starring Cena and Rock. The bad guys can be Hunter and Steph. It even fits in the ending with the hotel and all.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
there going to be a thread in off topic section for ss or just here ?

WWE Survivor Series
Sunday November 23rd 2014
St. Louis, Missouri
*Fandango over Justin Gabriel
*Jack Swagger over Cesaro
*The Miz & Damien Sandow over Goldust & Stardust, The Usos and Los Matadores to win the tag titles
*Natalya & Alicia Fox & Emma & Naomi over Paige & Cameron & Summer Rae & Layla
*Bray Wyatt over Dean Ambrose by DQ
*Adam Rose & The Bunny over Titus O’Neil & Heath Slater
*Nikki Bella over AJ Lee to win the Diva’s title
*John Cena & Dolph Ziggler & Big Show & Ryback & Erick Rowan over Seth Rollins & Rusev & Kane & Mark Henry & Luke Harper with Sting making his WWE debut at the end of the match

Last year

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
We got one, ratings are just in tune with current WWE trends

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1143293&highlight=

I mean, the event isn't for 5 hours and Survivor Series hasn't really been a marquee event in a long time. It's basically less important than the Money in the Bank PPV at this point.

The hilarious part to me is that the key match in Survivor Series is a Traditional Elimination tag match, which has always been a lame as fuck match type unless they insert some kind of shit like Sting being there for literally no reason whatsoever

Survivor Series 2015 marks 1 full year of watching wrasslin for me.

Not sure how I feel about that.

Yeah I got there at wrestlemania. I keep telling myself, okay, next ppv and that's it, but I figure I just haven't had enough going on in my life to keep me away from it in the downtime. That'll change, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Although, I spend about 10 times as much time checking up on the gossip as I do actually watching the wrestling. Fact is, unless I'm into the story and it's currently live, I can't really sit through much. I only just watched Cesaro v Roman today because Survivor Series is on tonight, and I'll probably only sit and watch 1 or 2 matches tonight total.

Top Bottom