• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

nKmphK2.gif

klonere

Banned
To all you old timers, how does it make you feel that Dolph fuckin Ziggler got me jumping and screaming when he won the main event last year and confirmed my status as a wrestling fan 4 lyfe.

miserable

New Japan had some funny names for events in the past. "Do Judge!", "Super-Force Group Declaration", "Indicate of Next", "Nexess" just to name a few.

Hex

Banned
To all you old timers, how does it make you feel that Dolph fuckin Ziggler got me jumping and screaming when he won the main event last year and confirmed my status as a wrestling fan 4 lyfe.

Well, they built it well and so I could not fault you but I could definitely pity you knowing that in no time at all it would all mean nothing.

The fall Razor took off the ladder at X, you would think that he would've fucked up his entire knee. The way he landed on his leg each time, he could've definitely had hyperextension.

Rutti

Survivor Series 2015 marks 1 full year of watching wrasslin for me.

Not sure how I feel about that.

I started at Wrestlemania 31. This is the first PPV I'm skipping so main roster already burned me out. I'm still watching NXT and can't wait for LU S2.

Heel

Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer initially reported that a WWE rep told him on the phone that the entire angle was Charlotte’s idea, that she had been pushing WWE to do it for months and that WWE officials “really didn’t want to do it, but Charlotte was insistent on it.” Meltzer is now claiming the WWE rep lied to him.

zu9CgwT.jpg

This makes sense, only a newcomer could possibly have seen Ziggler as a guy worth losing one's shit over.

(okay, that was a pretty hype main event I must admit)

Hex

Banned
over/under on the gobbledy gooker making an appearance tonight?

"Look Maggle the goggledy gooker is coming down to watch the title match ha ha ha maggle"
"I don't know why he has a sledge hammer maggle, but it's the gobbledy gooker where is your spirit ha ha ha"
"Look Maggle ha ha he wants a better look at the ring, ha ha this reminds me of Mick Foley ha ha remember Maggle so what if he has a sledge hammer Maggle why does everything have to be some consipiracy ha ha"

Jim Ross
‏@JRsBBQ
Hearing that @WWECesaro is having shoulder issues that will likely require surgery soon. If true, we wish him our best. Quality person.

fox u ok hun?

Srsly, that sucks.

For me it was Daniel Bryan's whole wrestlemania story that got me glancing at WWE. I don't remember how I became aware of it - probably some facebook or entertainment website link. Then I was watching properly by wrestlemania 30, and I think it was Summerslam 2014 when Brock squashed Cena is the first time I remember being pumped up for real during a match. Every Brock match since pretty much, and I've taken an interest in certain guys, the women's division and NXT since then to a lesser degree, but still enough to keep me watching occasionally and checking the updates regularly.

Actually you know what, thinking back, it was a slow build. I remember sometime in 2013, I was on a train and killing some time on my phone when Undertaker's ministry theme came up as a related video to something. I listened to it, went back to being 10 in my head, and I guess that's where it all started up. Took me about a year to actually sit down and watch a new WWE match though.

And then a couple of weeks ago I was at a house show.

It's really weird for me because it is so out of context with everything else I do and like in life, but I guess it just fills a hole for right now. It is a time sink for sure, and I'd rather either entertain myself in more varied ways or do more productive things, but for now it's fine. A few algorithmic tweaks on a few websites though and I probably would never have taken notice of it.

Survivor Series tonight isn't looking too interesting though...hope something unexpected happens.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I watched Gangs of New York today.
This movie is super corny and boring and the heavy emphasis on action sucks because the action never ever looks good. DiCaprio is the Roman Reigns of Hollywood
The soundtrack is amazing though.

Wrestling related, one of the extras at the start on Qui Gonn's group looked like Jake the Snake inbetween his life going to hell

Anth0ny

Jim Ross
‏@JRsBBQ
Hearing that @WWECesaro is having shoulder issues that will likely require surgery soon. If true, we wish him our best. Quality person.

fox u ok hun?

it's been about a month since he was jobbing randomly to mid carders

so it was either him going back to that position, like he always does just when they make us thing he's getting a legitimate push towards the main event, or shoulder surgery keeping him out entirely. not much of a difference to me.

KingBroly

Banned
it's been about a month since he was jobbing randomly to mid carders

so it was either him going back to that position, like he always does just when they make us thing he's getting a legitimate push towards the main event, or shoulder surgery keeping him out entirely. not much of a difference to me.

'SEE! I TOLD YOU HE WAS BORING! HE WAS SO BORING HE GOT INJURED DAMMIT! HE THREW HIS SHOULDER OUT BY NOT CONNECTING DDAMMMMIT!!!!!!'

Heel

That's not how you play your cards, friends. You can't say "I think he'll lose, but I'm rooting for him!" in an attempt to reserve a slim chance at joy and self-congratulation should they win.

Enough with the millennial fence riding. I've seen it time and time again in all sports. Back your man and take your L should you be wrong, and reap the greatest joy should they defy the odds.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's not how you play your cards, friends. You can't say "I think he'll lose, but I'm rooting for him!" in an attempt to reserve a slim chance at joy and self-congratulation should they win.

Enough with the millennial fence riding. I've seen it time and time again in all sports. Back your man and take your L should you be wrong, and reap the greatest joy should they defy the odds.

Absolutely

Bray is going to win

somedevil

Odds on Owens or Del Rio shown beaten up backstage and Brrr appledough's theme hitting?

As for Cesaro:

According to sources close to WWE, Cesaro may have torn rotator cuff. If he seeks surgery for this treatment, he could be out of action anywhere from four to six months.

So if he gets it now he can be back anywhere from March-May. This is so weird because this is like the fourth shoulder injury. Itami, Zayn, Orton and now Cesaro.

Heel

I'm stepping into the proverbial Sports Entertainment batter's box, pointing to the center-field bleachers and calling my shot: Roman Reigns will win.

Okay here's my bets:

Reigns vs Del Rio - Reigns wins clean
Owens vs Ambrose - Owens wins dirty, setting up Ambrose feud
Taker and Kane vs Wyatts - Taker and Kane win clean
Reigns vs Owens - Reigns wins clean

No cash in.

I'm a bold man when it comes to bets with no stakes.

Top Bottom