• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm glad that Russo is getting credit for this. It wasn't just Survivor Series. The storylines at the time were fun, unpredictable, and exciting. About the best as it's ever got for wrestling. Ratings started to skyrocket around this time but not many give Russo much credit anymore.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x39thdo_survivor-series-1998-promo_fun

Look how Vince is involved in every storyline. It's not just the authority being unstoppably evil. It's up and down for Vince. Austin makes Vince pee his pants in the middle of the ring in front of millions and that's just the lead up to this PPV. Vince is still a major villain after that.

Now it's a fact that Russo never actually booked in the WWF, he just had influence in what the finishes was and help fill the pre and post match stuff. However SS 1998 is all pre and post match stuff with literal diva style 2 minute matches with a lot of shady finishes. It's very Russo and when he actually was in control of the whole f'n show in WCW and TNA he'd try his hardest to make all shows as close to this as possible, usually to disastrous results.

DMczaf

Really hate how WWE has successfully re-written the Screwjob truth.

Vince didn't push Bret out due to not being able to pay the rest of his contract.

It's now "Bret left us!"

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Vince didn't push Bret out due to not being able to pay the rest of his contract.

It's now "Bret left us!"

Vince's sit down with JR in the weeks after is a very interesting take on it.

It's now "Bret left us!"
If only Vince knew that in 2 years Vince's contract would be nothing but chump change.

Fox318

It's now "Bret left us!"

Bret had a 1 month non-compete.

Vince had no reason to do what he did other than to say fuck you to Bret and because Hunter and HBK pulled a powerplay.

Fox318

Why isn't collision in Korea on the network?

Rights are split with NJPW and Vince doesn;t want to admit that he will never fill a larger venue. They still publish the fake Mania 3 number.

Only way it goes up is if HHH brokers a deal with NJPW World so that they can both air the show.

Foffy

Banned
El Samurai wore it better;

2H8g6wN.jpg

BUSHI, he's been out injured since last year and has always been a good guy up to this point.

BUSHI was this guy, right?

BUshi%20Dead_zpssvbeg9ds.gif

I'm more happy to see he's doing what he likes to do than anything else. That looked fucking painful.

thefro

Vince's sit down with JR in the weeks after is a very interesting take on it.

They clearly had decided to roll with Vince McMahon the heel owner by the time they taped that sit-down interview. He stopped doing commentary then for a reason and Austin had stunned him. So I've never thought that interview was a "shoot".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Used to be Los Ingobernables were high midcard/main event guys and Mascara

Now Bushi and another young lion with a Kaientai jobber gimmick
AJ-Styles-Tetsuya-Naito-NJPW-gifs-001_008.gif

Why wasn't it Kamaitachi

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They clearly had decided to roll with Vince McMahon the heel owner by the time they taped that sit-down interview. He stopped doing commentary then for a reason and Austin had stunned him. So I've never thought that interview was a "shoot".

It's like half shoot and half I'm the heel owner. There's a tone of voice that businessman Vince has that's completely different from Mr. McMahon the character and Vince the commentator and he slips into that a lot during the interview. Also they took him off just so he wouldn't get booed and heckled all night considering he then takes the next two months off more or less.

Savitar

Vader's career in the WWE was horrible. He had some great hype videos and started strong but it all went down hill damn quick. Always wondered what happened there.

Another case of a WCW star getting what was coming to him in the WWE? Vince considering him too old? Did he not service upon the rug?! What happened.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vader's career in the WWE was horrible. He had some great hype videos and started strong but it all went down hill damn quick. Always wondered what happened there.

Another case of a WCW star getting what was coming to him in the WWE? Vince considering him too old? Did he not service upon the rug?! What happened.

giphy.gif

dream

RBH, you're the only person in Atlanta whom I care about, so I am asking you very sincerely to take the ISIS threat serious and NOT go to Survivor Series tomorrow.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

He comes in injured, pisses off HBK, gets injured, gets detained in Kuwait, then the Attitude era begins.

Exodust

Banned
I'm pretty sure most wrestlers who got fucked over during the New Generation were because of the Kliq as a group or Shawn Michaels being a dick.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Despite the heat on the group, the majority of wrestlers definitely make it seem like Shawn was the only real piece of shit amongst them

Exodust

Banned
Despite the heat on the group, the majority of wrestlers definitely make it seem like Shawn was the only real piece of shit amongst them

True. Most of the stories I've heard were about Shawn. Almost everybody seems to like Hall. While Nash and HHH I only started hearing about them in that sort of light way after that era.

Jack Tunney did his goddamn job, and other than getting these assholes to sign contracts, he stayed out of the spotlight. The man was a saint and fuckers like HHH and Steph could learn a thing or two from him.

DMczaf

RBH, you're the only person in Atlanta whom I care about, so I am asking you very sincerely to take the ISIS threat serious and NOT go to Survivor Series tomorrow.

What if he goes and ISIS does not attack and he watches an entire WWE PPV?

JavyOO7

Nagata out shined Goto really hard in this match early March of this year (New Japan cup). Oh man. Great performance by Nagata and Goto was just there like 'eh'.

Used to be Los Ingobernables were high midcard/main event guys and Mascara

Now Bushi and another young lion with a Kaientai jobber gimmick

Why wasn't it Kamaitachi

It still might be, Naito did tweet that picture of Hiromu wearing the chrome mask thing when he fucked off to Mexico a few weeks back. Also, now La Sombra's gone Naito, BUSHI & EVIL > Rush and those other chumps.

miserable

so i tried to access the Network on my ipad from the browser, it tells me i need to install the app. i go to the appstore to dl it, it tells me the app works only on iOS 7.1 and up. now i have 7.0.6 with jailbreak, but if i update i lose the jailbreak.
ah, the wonderful world of iOS

Not entirely true lol. The funny thing is Nash and Hall took the Kliq to WCW. While HBK ran wwf they ran WCW lol.

True. Most of the stories I've heard were about Shawn. Almost everybody seems to like Hall. While Nash and HHH I only started hearing about them in that sort of light way after that era.
They were basically little kids, all of them caught tons of shit except Pac. He was only a jerk around the boys.

That was the whole point, to setup a rematch at WM13, but Shawn didn't play ball because he was a little bitch.
Fuck The Bret Hart, I break has back, make him humble.

Some people claim Hall could be a real shit stirrer as well.
True

Top Bottom