• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Vader's career in the WWE was horrible. He had some great hype videos and started strong but it all went down hill damn quick. Always wondered what happened there.

Another case of a WCW star getting what was coming to him in the WWE? Vince considering him too old? Did he not service upon the rug?! What happened.

They really did get behind him. I remember when Vader beat the total shit out of Gorilla Monsoon on RAW that one time. That was amazing because Monsoon had never done anything like that since retiring.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Vader is still pretty awesome in 1996 and 1997. Nothing will ever reach his height of the Cactus and Sting feuds though.

Menome

RBH, you're the only person in Atlanta whom I care about, so I am asking you very sincerely to take the ISIS threat serious and NOT go to Survivor Series tomorrow.

Sheamus, I ask you to also take the ISIS threat very seriously and to avoid Survivor Series tonight.

>_>

Fox318

b1pxbgW.jpg
Except Sid was actually over as champ.

Survivor Series 1996 the crowd wanted Sid over a drug addled kliq asshole.

Vader's career in the WWE was horrible. He had some great hype videos and started strong but it all went down hill damn quick. Always wondered what happened there.

Another case of a WCW star getting what was coming to him in the WWE? Vince considering him too old? Did he not service upon the rug?! What happened.
I remember hearing that Vader smelled so some didn't like working with him. I was watching a 97 Raw recently and Ross snuck it in there. Called him a "stinkin bully!"

I loved Sid back in 96, and so did the NYC crowd at Survivor Series, famously. When he actually beat Shawn, it was great. Sid had some classic facial expressions when he realized the crowd were with him.

Lex was never the champ and I don't think he was ever chosen over Perfect. They only had 1 match at WM9 that had a lame finish and kinda rekindled the rivilary a year later for it to amount to nothing.

Sid never had a long run either. He dropped the belt at the following PPV anyways. Sid was more of a transitional champion imo.

Ithil

eh...while Diesel was holding the title (Shittily, I might add), Hart was facing Jerry Lawler and crew and Jeanne Pierre Lafette. Yeah...

Sure, but he'd already been champion several times before Diesel was shoved to that spot. I assume the chart is supposed to be "big boring guys Vince pushed over the smaller more viable choice", Bret and Diesel don't seem to fit that.
I'm aware Bryan's had the title while Reigns had not, but Bryan's never had that extended run despite being in need of one since like 2012.

KingBroly

Banned
Sure, but he'd already been champion several times before Diesel was shoved to that spot. I assume the chart is supposed to be "big boring guys Vince pushed over the smaller more viable choice", Bret and Diesel don't seem to fit that.
I'm aware Bryan's had the title while Reigns had not, but Bryan's never had that extended run despite being in need of one since like 2012.

If Rollins wasn't injured, I'd be all for Reigns winning the Title right now. But since he did get injured, I think a heel needs to win to establish a top heel. Ambrose could work. Owens would definitely work. So would Reigns. But I can't see them turning Reigns because they're fools.

Tomoyuki Oka announced he'll be entering the NJPW Dojo soon, presumably after Wrestle Kingdom - you may remember him as the otaku pro-wrestler from this article;

Otaku pro-wrestler makes no apologies for blurring the nerd/jock boundary

z6X6rJO.jpg

Also, with a new native wrestler in the dojo (as well as Jay White, David Finlay and Juice Robinson) and Hiromu Takahashi returning from CMLL in January, hopefully this means Komatsu & Tanaka can finally go on their learning excursions.

Naito talked about La Sombra going to WWE, saying he was sad he wouldn't get to team with him in Japan, but happy he was following his dreams. He also said that, with La Sombra gone, his group has little to do with Rush's group and will officially be called 'LOS INGOBERNABLES de Japon'

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I learned yesterday tha Bagwell missed Bash at the Beach 1995 because of a leaking calf implant.

Ironically enough I'm listening to The Lapsed Fan right this second of that episode, and they just mentioned it.

1995 is a bad year in WWF, but a crazy (and also bad) year in WCW.

Mahonay

Banned
Didn't Daniel Bryan get his run? Then get injured? What happened if he got a second run with the belt, then get injured again - like he did with the IC belt? We'd still probably be looking at a Roman Reigns future.
Bryan was never planned as a long term champion. The injuries just sped up the process.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, which one of you sad sacks is this, huh?

starwarsbattlefront_288pc0.jpg

I know it's just the kind of mark name one of you would have.

Top Bottom