• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
HE'S A FORMER WWE CHAMPION

That's my issue. Now you'll get a "two time champion" which cheapens it all. Small gripe, but it's there, nevertheless. I look at NJPW and how they show the cavalcade of ex-champs, and I realize WWE can never do something so classy due to the nature of how they shuffle titles.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
As noted upthread:

It has to be avatarized for me to use it - I don't know if you want the text or the belt in it (and I don't know how to edit stuff anyways), but you probably can't fit both

Awesome stuff. Vinny Ru with Vinny Mac as his filter produced some good shit. Also, "hey I wrote some stuff for you. You get dressed and we go over it with Vince and then do our stuff". As if that would fly nowadays

i think my favorite part was russo in the crowd, gauging the audience reaction, and then getting excited and telling Mick they got the reaction they wanted.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's my issue. Now you'll get a "two time champion" which cheapens it all. Small gripe, but it's there, nevertheless. I look at NJPW and how they show the cavalcade of ex-champs, and I realize WWE can never do something so classy due to the nature of how they shuffle titles.

D-Bry is a three time WWE champion, not including the World title. His reigns are three minutes, 22 hours, and then nine weeks or so, most of that time he was injured though

Sephzilla

I agree, it cheapens it as well. I wish they wouldn't recognize championship reigns that don't last a complete 24 hours or the champion doesn't successfully defend it once or something. These 5 minute title reigns really cheapen everything and honestly Roman's first reign is now wasted

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They did the same thing to thread favorite D-bry.

Now that would have been a whopper storyline, what if D-Bry stole the case from Sheamus and was the corporate champ? Runs down, knee that beat john cena, hugs HHH.

Recall

So Suvivor Series 1995 and 1998 are amazing shows for different reasons yet no other survivor series has come close on the entertaining factor.

Toki767

So how do you even book Reigns at this point?

Having him destroy the Authority will get him booed.

Having him get berated by HHH and laid out by Sheamus will make him look like a loser.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Having only one belt that matters way more really exposes the MITB briefcase as a plot tumor. There's no reason whatsoever they should have held another MITB after the cash-in thing reached its logical conclusion at WM31.

Having him get berated by HHH and laid out by Sheamus will make him look like a loser.

Worked shoot career-threatening injury.

So Suvivor Series 1995 and 1998 are amazing shows for different reasons yet no other survivor series has come close on the entertaining factor.

'95 has the most random survivor series team ever

64789172f0f7977a2cdf83d100332667.jpg

Anth0ny

crowd is going to boo him no matter what.

it's going to be incredibly difficult to undo royal rumble 2015.

they could start by turning him heel but that's obviously not going to happen.

Angry Grimace

Not counting the WHC there have been 122 wwe champs since 1963

There have been 63 IWGP champs since 1987

I agree, it cheapens it as well. I wish they wouldn't recognize championship reigns that don't last a complete 24 hours or the champion doesn't successfully defend it once or something. These 5 minute title reigns really cheapen everything and honestly Roman's first reign is now wasted

The number of times you're champ doesn't *really* make a difference and treating the belt as this special thing where it never gets moved around means nothing happens way too often, which isn't a viable move when you run 12 PPVs a year.

As it is, they already seem reluctant to put the belt on anyone who isn't a proven main event star or groomed super obviously for the task, which is pretty dumb. Putting the belt on Owens or Ambrose would have been way more interesting, but you already knew in advance they wouldn't take that chance.

jmdajr

crowd is going to boo him no matter what.

it's going to be incredibly difficult to undo royal rumble 2015.

they could start by turning him heel but that's obviously not going to happen.

D. Bry man. Has a wrestler ever been this influential in awhile?

I book Roman by injecting steroids in him while he's passed out pissy drunk.

Hey what do you know, random drug test today.

Roman gets canned and is an after thought like Ryborg.

That way they find another guy.

Dion314

Neo Member
...and then gets booed out of the building while crying. They really think the fans are going to get behind him? Ooook...

Yup. I don't think it helped him at all.

With Bryan, here's a guy that isn't the typical WWE champ in looks or background so he's already the underdog on top of the Authority flat out telling us as much so there's an element of reality to help fuel the title chase. Smarks want him to win cuz it's Danielson. Casual fans want it cuz of all the shit the Authority put him through.

Reigns on the other hand is essentially in a real life Seth Rollins position: here's "our" guy and he's best for business whether you like it or not". They haven't created any reason for the fans to invest in his journey to the title meanwhile who's on the Tapout front page when the partnership gets announced? Who is in the ring with Cena during the Breast Cancer promo? They're already grooming him to do top guy stuff without the belt so why should we care about him chasing it?

I get what they were trying to do and even think it it was good to see Reigns able to show that emotion but I think it was the wrong move to make with a fan base that still isn't sold on him.

Edit- and as far as what do you do with him? I'm in the heel turn crowd but not just for the sake of. The crowd is gonna boo him no matter what due to THEIR fucked up booking. Why create another Cena situation if you don't have to? I think a solid heel run could help him improve on the things he needs help with and sets him up as the face they want him to be now.

Other than that? Per the perception the fans have of the booking, they fucked over Bryan for HIM and they'll NEVER forgive him for that.

Angry Grimace

I book Roman by injecting steroids in him while he's passed out pissy drunk.

Hey what do you know, random drug test today.

Roman gets canned and is an after thought like Ryborg.

That way they find another guy.

There's always a Roman Reigns, dude.

Hell, White Roman Reigns won this season of Tough Enough.

Ithil

Not counting the WHC there have been 122 wwe champs since 1963

There have been 63 IWGP champs since 1987

Worth noting they had extremely long often multi-year reigns for nearly everyone with the WWE title until the late 80s Basically from after Hogan's first long reign ended, it's been passed around far more.

I mean, see for yourself, look how many reigns there are pre-1990 compared to post, that's 27 years compared to 25.

Angry Grimace

Didn't watch Tough Enough, but there are many injections to go around.

I didn't either, but they had him on Breaking Ground and sure enough it's White Roman Reigns complete with an inability to act.

Sephzilla

The number of times you're champ doesn't *really* make a difference and treating the belt as this special thing where it never gets moved around means nothing happens way too often, which isn't a viable move when you run 12 PPVs a year.

As it is, they already seem reluctant to put the belt on anyone who isn't a proven main event star or groomed super obviously for the task, which is pretty dumb. Putting the belt on Owens or Ambrose would have been way more interesting, but you already knew in advance they wouldn't take that chance.

But it means that when the belt does move, it's a much bigger deal. Honestly we need more Brock Lesnar styled title reigns in my opinion.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Worth noting they had extremely long often multi-year reigns for nearly everyone with the WWE title until the late 80s Basically from after Hogan's first long reign ended, it's been passed around far more.

Even then the New Generation basically has one champion a year and a transitional champion. Real hot shotting doesn't begin until late 1996.

Bret to Yoko, Hogan for three months, Yoko until next Wrestlemania
Yoko to Bret, Bret for seven months, Backlund for a cup of Coffee.
Backlund to Diesel, Diesel for a whole year, Bret until Wrestlemania
Bret to HBK, HBK until Survivor Series, then fuckery.

Its something like...Shawn to Sid, Sid to Shawn, Bret wins a vacated title, Sid beats Bret, Undertaker beats Sid, Bret beats Taker, HBK beats Bret.

Ithil

I didn't either, but they had him on Breaking Ground and sure enough it's White Roman Reigns complete with an inability to act.

He's a tall muscular former football player with tattoos, long hair and a beard, and a deep voice and young daughter.

I shall call him Joman.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Time to ask some real fantasy questions.

Which home-grown WWE talent would work best in Lucha Underground?

In NJPW?

Just the THOUGHT of Strowman going to Japan has my dick hard. Hell, all the Wyatts. But Strowman is vascular.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

In NJPW?

Just the THOUGHT of Strowman going to Japan has my dick hard. Hell, all the Wyatts. But Strowman is vascular.

John Cena is the answer to both questions. Or Randy Orton.

jmdajr

Unrelated.

Finally finished original Destiny's story missions. (don't have taken king or any of the dlc). So yeah, I could see why fans would have been upset. But now with the update and DLC on sale this coming week, it matters not. I will try the rest now that it's out and ready to go.

Toki767

In NJPW?

Ziggler for Lucha Underground.

Probably Rusev for NJPW.

HT UK

I've got two spare VIP tickets to NXT house show in Nottingham next month, any chance someone would be interested? PM me if so :)

Looking to sell for face value

Top Bottom