• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

imBask

Banned
WWE doesn't want to give into the fans demand yet again. I'd like to see Ambrose get a run and see if he can do a mini PG-era Stone Cold thing, but they won't do it for a bunch of reasons.

they did exactly that and it was trash by the end.

Mustard spraying jokster Ambrose was the mini PG-era Stone Cold you wanted, i'm sorry

Kaladin

On breaking ground the in ring work ain't shit to promo class. Holy fuck some of the folks are paralyzed with fear.

I still laugh at Regal trying to get them to lead with the right foot (I think that was it) out of a roll though. I wouldn't want Regal to be my trainer.

Promo class seems intense as fuck though.

He's super boring and not believable with the mic. I don't want to see him in the main event picture. Other than that, he's ok in my book.

Daniel Bryan was never believable with the mic once he was in the main event. He was only good during his Hell No/not the weak link phase.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
they did exactly that and it was trash by the end.

Mustard spraying jokster Ambrose was the mini PG-era Stone Cold you wanted, i'm sorry

With the title? Feuding with the authority? Nah. Also the fan reactions during those bits were actually some of the louder pops in recent memory. The fans love Ambrose.

If he was good before, then the obvious conclusion is his material was weak, not his ability.

Nope, it's that he's not a good face. He's a decent heel though and great at comedy bits because he takes shit so seriously.

It just annoys me that everyone is shitting on Reigns for stuff they never complained about with Bryans. It's not like Reigns is a stiff in the ring. He's been having great matches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Or that Bryan is one dimensional?

I can't remember a single promo of his that wasn't full of wahjah aside from him hamming it up with AJ as a heel or during Hell No. So, while one dimensional is kind of too strict for how I feel, I think he's incapable of garnering any sort of sympy unless he's getting beaten down or fucked over in the ring. Definitely not on the mic, and it was always a sore spot.

Ithil

Nope, it's that he's not a good face. He's a decent heel though and great at comedy bits because he takes shit so seriously.

That's not true either, because he did strong promos in 2013 when he was doing his weak link storyline, and he did a lot of funny face promos in Team Hell No. These face promos you're talking about are from 2014 as he got watered down from a well evolved character to "YES person".
Mysteriously every time someone gets to the very top they start getting bad face promos. Starting to think the issue might not be the wrestlers somehow.

So those injuries are mounting up something fierce at the moment, is it safe to assume that trying to cram so much wrasslin' into a week is taking its toll?

What was the last WWE angle Wrasslegaf liked all the way to completion?

Has there been one?
...The Team Hell No saga?

Can I ask why everyone hates Roman Reigns? Since The Shield dissolved, he's been having better matches than Ambrose.
He has been having better matches.

Well anyway, Reigns is a guy I don't mind, just chalk him up as falling prey to being the current forced super push while also lacking the character/promo skills to make me actually want to see him each week.

I came to a realisation after SS that the current active roster basically has no one who feels main event worthy regarding connection with the audience, aura and legacy (that last one for those who are former champs like ADR, Sheamus and...Ziggler).
Which is probably why they focused on celebrating 25 years of that one guy who has all that and why the latest WWE game focuses on Stone Cold.
Kind of feels like due to various circumstances outside of their control the main event level has to be lowered under the midcard ceiling for now and everyone has already smashed their heads off against it over the past few years leaving any wrestler a hard sell despite their respective strengths.

Caderfix

Daniel Bryan was never believable with the mic once he was in the main event. He was only good during his Hell No/not the weak link phase.

DBryan was an underdog that even though wasn't believable with the mic had huge charisma and was, legitimately, being screwed for being a "B+ player", so it's easy to get behind him.

Roman doesn't have anything going other than being able to work decent matches and having the looks, so far. Might be due to the booking, but, as of now, he's just boring.

He's not as bad as some say he is, but he's not as good as others say he is either.

Kaladin

It just annoys me that everyone is shitting on Reigns for stuff they never complained about with Bryans. It's not like Reigns is a stiff in the ring. He's been having great matches.

No people complained about Bryan as a promo for a while. Except unlike Reigns, he eventually got it. It feels like Reigns still hasn't had that moment where it all clicks and he's still reading off the script and not doing anything with it.

Sephzilla

Daniel Bryan only became one dimensional once he started getting booked as the top babyface. Heel Bryan, Hell No Bryan, and Summerslam vs Cena Bryan were all pretty good characters.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Daniel Bryan only became one dimensional once he started getting booked as the top babyface. Heel Bryan, Hell No Bryan, and Summerslam vs Cena Bryan were all pretty good characters.

Post-show Bryan is still pretty legendary for the opposite reasons. That damn beard, goddammit...

K6r0zQx.png

Bronx-Man

Banned
Now that I think about it, I'd love to see Baron Corbin in Lucha Underground. Pair him up with Cage to form the No-Flippy Fucks Allowed Club.

As for NJPW, I could see Sheamus and Ishii having a five-star match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In a way, injuries are good only for the possibility of a chance of reinvention and a crazy awesome return. Good talent with permission to reinvent themselves are in a good spot to come back and be something a little different, a lot better. In Sheamus' case it never happened to his character, but Rollins and Rusev and Cesaro will get a chance to re-start what they have, and possibly make it better. Yes, I know "ha it wont happen" but there's a CHANCE.

Ithil

Hell he had several good promos as far back as NXT 1. He should never have been turned into a clean cut super good guy face, even in ROH as a face he was never that ultra goody two shoes.
It's funny he ended up as a saint of a character given he was the biggest cockbag in the company in 2012. Even as a face in Team Hell No he was a dick, and that was the source of much of the comedy. Even if he was the most sympathetic face they had, he shouldn't be fluffy.

Kind of like how the Rock was best in 1998/1999, by 2001 or so he'd been really sanitized into Catchphrase Man. At least, best traditional Rock that is. Best Rock ever is Hollywood Rock in 2003.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't like Roman because he's King Cheese Cornball and in reality his assigned role isn't actually that different from any other top babyface, he just does absolutely nothing with it. He injects no personality into anything he does. At least Cena can play Wrestling Superman really well and does stuff to interact with people who don't like him.

Caderfix

In a way, injuries are good only for the possibility of a chance of reinvention and a crazy awesome return. Good talent with permission to reinvent themselves are in a good spot to come back and be something a little different, a lot better. In Sheamus' case it never happened to his character, but Rollins and Rusev and Cesaro will get a chance to re-start what they have, and possibly make it better. Yes, I know "ha it wont happen" but there's a CHANCE.

For Rusev, I really don't see it happening, but for Cesaro and Rollins, I honestly think it'll happen.

Reigns should come out and spear people all night, just interfere in random matches and spear everyone cause he's pissed and wants to ruin HHH's show.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fantasy Booking time:

Rollins comes back with an ax to grind on the Authority for replacing him in the period of 2 weeks.

Rusev comes back as a boisterous face Zangief-like guy who wrestles bears and shit

Cesaro comes back as a Bond Villain with a huge stash in his Swiss Bank Account (which would basically just be foreign Ted DiBiase).

klonere

Banned
Like, ok, pretending Taker went to LU - how would you handle him? How would you handle the baggage he comes in with? Do you try to reinvent him? Make him even MORE dark? Can't make him El Satanico since there's already been one. Considering their heavy reliance on storyline, how do you deal with Mil Muertes occupying some of the same mindshare?

He'd come in as the ultimate veteran, someone who has seen everything, knows most of everything and knows everyone (legend of the industry). He clearly has "powers" revolving around knowing when someone is in mortal danger, ability to summon bad weather perhaps a daredevil thing where he can see while blinded (eyes up into the back of his head taken to logical extreme).Hell, he might actually be dead or immortal but nobody really knows, keep it unclear. He knows what Cueto is up to and all his history, Vampiro's deal all that. He's been to the motherfucking mountaintop.

He never wrestles a full match. Everyone speaks in hushed tones whenever he comes up. He'd take one lucky rookie under his wing to mentor. All his vingette's would be in a dusty old converted bar, walls adorned with trophies (like a rattlesnake, a bear, a softball, you know). He'd drink a lot of whiskey. His ultimate endgame is to see Lucha/wrestling take place with a sense of justice and honor (Wrestler's Court!) and only intervenes when something truly dire is about to take place as the wizened old gunslinger, just to do a chokeslam, tombstone. He's not in it for title's or glory, just to make sure this next generation does things the right way. Definitely not some white meat babyface, just a badass old dude with a moral code he wants respected and knows the dangers of going off the deep end of "evil" (Ministry Taker's excesses). Maybe directly opposed to Mil who just wants to perhaps actually maybe legit kill people.

Thank you for listening to my fantasy_booking.txt

Top Bottom