• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Time to ask some real fantasy questions.

Which home-grown WWE talent would work best in Lucha Underground?

In NJPW?

Just the THOUGHT of Strowman going to Japan has my dick hard. Hell, all the Wyatts. But Strowman is vascular.

The Wyatt Family in Lucha Underground. Wyatts with competent stories? Hell yeah.

Big E in NJPW, fighting for the NEVER title.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cesaro and Dbry in Japan

Wyatts in Lucha

Cesaro and DBry are indie darlings. I think he means guys who were never big players on the indie circuit, e.g. Ziggler, Rusev, etc.

Hex

Banned
Sheamus needs a stable and to say fuck the Authority but we all know that will not happen.
He will just be another HHH puppet and it will be more of the same.
Would love him to say to HHH "Thanks fella, but you didn't do anything. You were on your arse. I won dis belt and I do not need ya".

Gonzalez

Banned
There's always a Roman Reigns, dude.

Hell, White Roman Reigns won this season of Tough Enough.
It's kinda funny when the WWE goes through their phases when choosing their next guy. Last time it was tall athletic lanky guys like Randy Orton's, and Mark Jindrak. Before that it was promo guys like The Rock, and Stone Cold. Now it's dude bro loner types like Roman, and Baron Corbin.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Big E vs Makabe is something I'd like to see, for sure.

Taker in LU would be kinda fucking bonkers.

jmdajr

What counts as home grown talent? Even the likes of the USOS had training before WWE.

So directly from sports world to the performance center roster?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Like, ok, pretending Taker went to LU - how would you handle him? How would you handle the baggage he comes in with? Do you try to reinvent him? Make him even MORE dark? Can't make him El Satanico since there's already been one. Considering their heavy reliance on storyline, how do you deal with Mil Muertes occupying some of the same mindshare?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sheamus needs a stable and to say fuck the Authority but we all know that will not happen.
He will just be another HHH puppet and it will be more of the same.
Would love him to say to HHH "Thanks fella, but you didn't do anything. You were on your arse. I won dis belt and I do not need ya".

I was hoping they'd go somewhere with how pissed off HHH looked after the cash-in, but we all know that there will be no surprises at all tonight.

Ziggler's feud with Breeze will continue.
New Day will start a feud with Roman Reigns' Cousins
If we're lucky Stardust and Goldust's story will get mentioned again.
Roman will do another installment of "As You Know..." and Sheamus will be like "fook u fella I work for the authority now" and they'll set up a fight at TLC

Nothing else will happen.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Like, ok, pretending Taker went to LU - how would you handle him? How would you handle the baggage he comes in with? Do you try to reinvent him? Make him even MORE dark? Can't make him El Satanico since there's already been one. Considering their heavy reliance on storyline, how do you deal with Mil Muertes occupying some of the same mindshare?

Mean Mark.

Just kidding he'd come in as the grave digger and be Undertaker, doing under taker things. Making caskets. Ending dreams. Threatening HBK.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What counts as home grown talent? Even the likes of the USOS had training before WWE.

So directly from sports world to the performance center roster?

Training elsewhere is fine, just basically nobody that found any modicum of success on the indies like Balor, Bryan, etc.

Honestly, Ryback would probably be pushed as a goddamn monster in Japan. Whether he could work the style or not is a different matter.

I'm sure he'd be just fine. If #BIGMIKE can make it happen, Ryback can too. I'd say Ryback is a better performer than Elgin, honestly. The parts of the WWE machine Ryback has taken for himself have really served him well.

Bring Hogan back and have him open Raw with a 20-minute promo about how he's no longer racist because he started watching Roman Reigns' rise to the top

jmdajr

Can I ask why everyone hates Roman Reigns? Since The Shield dissolved, he's been having better matches than Ambrose.

Because Daniel Bryan.

I've never hated the dude. I thought from the beginning he could be like the next Dave Batista who started off green as fuck. Couldn't wrestle, couldn't talk, etc. He sucked. Well Roman is way better worker than Dave now, but personality wise he still needs to grow. It will happen.

"Why can't my indy favorite."

Oh well.

What was the last WWE angle Wrasslegaf liked all the way to completion?

Has there been one?

CM Punk vs Hardy, that was a fun feud. Huge heat, some good matches and the guy on his way out did the job and did it well.

Wasn't his move born in Japan? Good ol' Johnny Ace?

Yep;

skN7RNw.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can I ask why everyone hates Roman Reigns? Since The Shield dissolved, he's been having better matches than Ambrose.

Depends on which "side" you want to hear from. There's 2 schools of thought. It's weird, because the crowd typically enjoys him and his matches have come a long way and are great. But some people don't like to admit that people they once said were terrible may rise up beyond those old, tired complaints, so they double down. I like him. I don't think it's working, what they're doing with him. But it's just the main event, I typically love the undercard and I'm still happy.

Hex

Banned
I was hoping they'd go somewhere with how pissed off HHH looked after the cash-in, but we all know that there will be no surprises at all tonight.

Ziggler's feud with Breeze will continue.
New Day will start a feud with Roman Reigns' Cousins
If we're lucky Stardust and Goldust's story will get mentioned again.
Roman will do another installment of "As You Know..." and Sheamus will be like "fook u fella I work for the authority now" and they'll set up a fight at TLC

Nothing else will happen.

I would have lost my shit if Sheamus Brogue kicked him also.

Exodust

Banned
I don't like Reigns because nothing about his character or his wrestling appeals to me. Don't really hate him either, I just don't care when he's on.

jmdajr

Depends on which "side" you want to hear from. There's 2 schools of thought. It's weird, because the crowd typically enjoys him and his matches have come a long way and are great. But some people don't like to admit that people they once said were terrible may rise up beyond those old, tired complaints, so they double down. I like him. I don't think it's working, what they're doing with him. But it's just the main event, I typically love the undercard and I'm still happy.

Folks were trying to cut down his matches last night when their was nothing wrong with them.

Sure promo wasn't the best, but some of the greats had problems too. I think we need to let the hate go. There's no reason for it. Not liking him is fine though.

JavyOO7

Roman is a good athlete. Good look, good body, and he just needs to be more comfortable in the microphone. Drink the crowds tears as they see him winning over and over, or WWE pushing Reigns down the crowds throats... etc.

This is why 9 times out of 10 I'd have Ambrose be the flag bearer of the WWE. He's alright in the ring but most importantly even with all the non sense the writers give him he can pull it off a good ratio of times. He has more confidence in his voice. You can say he's ripping off the Joker full sale from TDK... I don't care. Point is, compared to everyone else in the main roster right now besides Owens and Bray Wyatt, he has a great presence about him and I want to hear him speak all the time. I can't say the same for Reigns because he has no idea (yet) how to make the caca he is given be a rose flower.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Roman is a good athlete. Good look, good body, and he just needs to be more comfortable in the microphone. Drink the crowds tears as they see him winning over and over, or WWE pushing Reigns down the crowds throats... etc.

This is why 9 times out of 10 I'd have Ambrose be the flag bearer of the WWE. He's alright in the ring but most importantly even with all the non sense the writers give him he can pull it off a good ratio of times. He has more confidence in his voice. You can say he's ripping off the Joker full sale from TDK... I don't care. Point is, compared to everyone else in the main roster right now besides Owens and Bray Wyatt, he has a great presence about him and I want to hear him speak all the time. I can't say the same for Reigns because he has no ideas (yet) how to make the caca he is given be a rose flower.

WWE doesn't want to give into the fans demand yet again. I'd like to see Ambrose get a run and see if he can do a mini PG-era Stone Cold thing, but they won't do it for a bunch of reasons.

jmdajr

On breaking ground the in ring work ain't shit to promo class. Holy fuck some of the folks are paralyzed with fear.

edit: Eddie really helped Dave break out of his shell. We need someone to do that for Roman.

Top Bottom