• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Hex

Banned
We have a few Vegas peeps

CUgVfvQVEAEphK5.jpg

Swag god in Vegas.
Chaos indeed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Good god, friends. Sheamus is the WWE champion. What the hell. They actually did it.

The thing is, the statement "[guy] is a midcarder" is only true until they stop putting them in the midcard.

somedevil

That's exactly why he'll sue. If he gets that second "doctor" approval and the company still doesn't let him wrestle, he'll sue to get out of his contract so he can wrestle/die elsewhere. He's already asked for his release once during this "debacle". They aren't letting him go unless they're forced to because they can still wring money from scrub fans with him there, but they're also smart enough to not let him die in their ring.

When did he ask for his release because that was never reported and would of been if that actually happened?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Midcarders are great. Not being saddled with the entire company's weight, being able to evolve and act how they like in their matches...Midcard/preshow is the way to be.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dunno if anyone reported on it, but Awesome Kong has retired and was pulled from a late November show in Japan as well, citing health reasons. :(

She was definitely Awesome.

The thing is, the statement "[guy] is a midcarder" is only true until they stop putting them in the midcard.

Yeah I know what you mean. If they're gonna put Sheamus in this role, even in the off season, then heck who knows, Kevin Owens might actually take it at some point. Maybe even Cesaro.

I guess I like the Sheamus cash in because first, I didn't expect it. I said so multiple times - I thought he was too loser to take it, thought he was gonna lose the cash in. But also cos, it's such a daffy choice. Fucking Sheamus? Come on. Anyway now yeah we might need to sit through a Roman v Sheamus feud, but let's see what happens tonight on raw.

Pending whatever they do with Sheamus tonight, fuck it. I'm kinda into it. Hi entrance right now is good, that whiteout thing they do with him is cool and he looks like a tough guy. Guess we'll see. If it's just HHH coming in and saying 'our new corporate champ' and then Roman comes out and says 'wow you are a cheater' then I guess I'll just check back out til Brock but yeah. At least for tonight's opening promo, I'm in.

Paige wasn't bad last night, either. I saw that match get some shit, some of which I think was sexist, but Paige was doing good heel work last night. Let's that that title off Charlotte though, eh?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Pending whatever they do with Sheamus tonight, fuck it. I'm kinda into it. Hi entrance right now is good, that whiteout thing they do with him is cool and he looks like a tough guy. Guess we'll see. If it's just HHH coming in and saying 'our new corporate champ' and then Roman comes out and says 'wow you are a cheater' then I guess I'll just check back out til Brock but yeah. At least for tonight's opening promo, I'm in.

Paige wasn't bad last night, either. I saw that match get some shit, some of which I think was sexist, but Paige was doing good heel work last night. Let's that that title off Charlotte though, eh?

I'm fine with it as long as we don't get a continuation of Rollins booking and let Sheamus actually beat people up. I can accept it as an emergency solution where they didn't have enough time to let Sheamus actually look like an ass-kicker.

Road Dogg about to join Billy on the indies

Billy will be back after 1) a few months pass, and 2) he comes up with any even vaguely plausible reason for the test result. Seriously, "tainted B12 supplement" would probably be fine.

What happens to Barrett now that Sheamus is champion? Does he join the Authority too? Or does he have to go back to losing to Neville every week again?

Speaking of which, why was Neville the only guy to get pinned from the face team on the pre show? He was the only one there with a semblance of a future. I don't get it.

Lothar

Banned
Dope video

Original footage of Vince Russo and crew producing Dude Love back in the day

This was deleted footage from the "Off the Mat" documentary

Very good video. I wish we had more of this.

Note Russo going into the crowd to listen for the reactions. He's paying attention to the crowd. It's not enough to hear them from a TV set. I've heard Russo say in a shoot interview before that it wasn't in anybody's plans for Foley to win the world title but he listened and he heard that they were begging for it. So he changed the plans.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I watched the rest of the PPV this afternoon and once again find my opinion against the popular grain around here. The show was pretty damn okay. Only changes I would have made would be to put both traditional SS matches on the main card and have Ziggles and Breezsus be the pre show match. The main problem was the booking coming in. Taker and Kane should have never gotten physical with the Wyatts in the UK (make the beat down the dark segment after, you dum dums)

because multiple backstage sources

Yeah but he's completely vague and is often proven wrong?

'Well, now that the angle is finished, I can confirm I heard they were either gonna go the way they went with it, or another way which they didn't go.. Which I think is more interesting,. WWE sucks.' - for 20 odd years

and that's him at his best

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Big Dave is the closest thing this sport has to a respected journalist and I love him for his dedication.

He's wrong about mayo jar though. Shameless can draw huge crowds. Too many limes!

At the very least Sheamus can draw moths during his entrance.

Seriously though. Sheamus does have some stepping up to do, but I feel like he can do it.

Seriously though. Sheamus does have some stepping up to do, but I feel like he can do it.

This is the stuff people should be saying about 28 to 30 year olds who finally get their first world title reign

Sheamus is 37 and on his 4th world title reign. I love him, but he doesn't have "it" and he never will have "it"

This is the stuff people should be saying about 28 to 30 year olds who finally get their first world title reign

Sheamus is 37 and on his 4th world title reign. I love him, but he doesn't have "it" and he never will have "it"

sheamus is fucking 37?

i just looked it up. jesus christ he's 37. i thought he was like 31.

Angry Grimace

Yeah but he's completely vague and is often proven wrong?

'Well, now that the angle is finished, I can confirm I heard they were either gonna go the way they went with it, or another way which they didn't go.. Which I think is more interesting,. WWE sucks.' - for 20 odd years

and that's him at his best

That's because there's a billion writers and very few concrete plans. My guess is almost every idea gets brainstormed, which is why you have reports that "WWE plans for Roman to headline WM32," "WWE plans for Rock/Brock the headline WM32" and "WWE plans for Cena to headline WM32" come out within a week of each other. Because its all stupid bullshit and what's actually happening is the writers throwing shit at the wall until something sticks and right now Roman gets reactions of some kind so they're trying to figure out how to make money off it.

sheamus is fucking 37?

Hell, Finn Balor is already like 34. A lot of these dudes have been around for a long time in the indies or whatever.

sheamus is fucking 37?

Barrett's 35

Nothing makes you feel older than looking up wrestlers' ages and finding out just how much of their prime has been wasted as you've watched, helpless

I still have nightmares about the Barrett dickkick on the ramp

Barrett's 35

Nothing makes you feel older than looking up wrestlers' ages and finding out just how much of their prime has been wasted as you've watched, helpless

I still have nightmares about the Barrett dickkick on the ramp

well barrett looks 35 at least.

i'm just surprised at sheamus being that old. he's only a year younger than cena. then again i still can't wrap my mind around the idea daniel bryan is 34 and punk is 37 rather than both being exactly 30 for the next 5 years.

My two cents on Reigns:

His in ring work has improved massively, but there is still come glaring holes. I think people here overrate his selling ability. It usually involves whipping his hair around and looking ridiculous. Also, he needs to not shake the ropes if he doesn't have the strength to do it well, and never do that hump in the corner thing while waiting for the spear. His spear often looks melted butter soft

They saying goes that the best characters are who you are naturally turned-up to 11. Well I've never believed Reigns is who they have made him out to be. He's not the underdog in life, he's not a powerhouse, he's not the intense promo guy, he's not the looney tunes promo guy, etc. Reigns is a poor actor incapable of playing the simplest of wrestling characters, tough guy

I strongly disagree with the notion that Reigns has improved on the mic. Sure, he looked much worse doing 10 minute looney tunes promos, because the writing for him at that point was just that much worse. Cena has the natural charisma to sell that kind of garbage, Reigns doesn't. These days he does 30 second fake tough guy promos or storyline recap promos that are still bad put appear better because they are not as long or don't include Cena style "jokes". He still sucks

bjork

Seeing clips of a wrestlemania you went to and realizing it was exactly half your life ago, when it seems like it was yesterday, that's pretty high on the list.

Top Bottom