• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I love how almost everybody in that video is from WCW, with one ECW guy and Jeff Hardy and an American hero Kirk Angel.

Did they seriously show his encounter with Kurt Angle at SSlam 2000 as an example?

None of them won that match!! It was a triple threat! The Rock won! xD

kiguel182

Yep. That's the thing with WWE nowadays. When you turn someone into a face (even a top face), they have to be that super vanilla good guy that smiles all the time. While it canwork for some, not everybody should be put into that position. I mean, you could make someone a face and not be the nicest guy character wise. Just keep them sympathetic enough.

But yeah, Bryan's heel and Team Hell No work was solid.

Yeah, it can work but it can't just fit everyone and it seems they don't get that. And the fact that it doesn't doesn't make the person bad on the mic like people like to preach.

And it's not just Bryan. Sheamus suffered the same thing, Reigns too, Del Rio when turned face was that smiley jerk too. It's the only archetype they give top faces. Orton can barely work within that character and they push it to him too.

Kaladin

Unpopular Opinion:

Seth Rollins is the best thing going in WWE today, he is truly the man.

Shame about the shit booking and injury though.

Toki767

Unpopular Opinion:

Seth Rollins is the best thing going in WWE today, he is truly the man.

Shame about the shit booking and injury though.

He's definitely the best all around performer they have at the moment.

Cena's second. Followed by umm...hmm...

No Seth-kun when we're already missing Bryan-sama is the worst. :( I miss them both.

Now that Cesaro-kun is injured too? F**k everything. I might as well stop watching, all my favs are gone. Punk is off doing who knows what and based waifu-Sasha was better off in NXT.

Why do you test me so wrasslin' bah gawds?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
the new my 2 dads looks pretty good
tumblr_nqb3luqcb71qf7xjao1_540.jpg

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Then his heel run ends up getting him even more popular, then you turn him back face but now with a character/aesthetic nailed down? Works for most guys.
Worked for Cena, and Rock, and Bryan, and Austin (yes he was already heel before Stone Cold, but it was a revamp), and the New Day, and is currently working for Alexa Bliss.

People actually legitimately disliked those characters at one point, and then slowly grew to like them. You have to get to a point where they are willing to actually dislike you. Cesaro Section / smarky fans who don't watch RAW live but want RAW to cater to them aren't going to let them.

Make him stop doing corkscrew european uppercuts and all this other smarky shit and you could get him booed.

But then everyone will complain he is being "held down".

Unpopular Opinion: I actually think a Cena / Cesaro tag-team (assuming Kidd retires) would be a pretty epic way to get Cesaro over. Cena's corny earnestness + genuine respect for Cesaro added with Cesaro's kind of "too cool for school" aura + genuine respect for Cena would be a hell of a combo. The Reigns / Ambrose bromance makes me think having face tag teams that just respect the crap out of each other can do a lot of boosting.

Cesaro ignored the injury for 2 months.

ughhh

Ok, so maybe not having Cesaro go further in the tournament was a good idea after all.

jmdajr

Well he had a good run. Trying to think who has been the most injury resistant star ever.

Maybe Kane? He tore his tricep/bicep once but that's about it.

Jeff Hardy?

Real talk, I like that Roman and Dean are on-screen friends. It feels genuine, it creates the de facto potential for storylines where they can feud with people who attack or screw the other person, and the longer they are friends, the more it's going to mean when they eventually do feud.

Re: Cesaro, he's just in a no-man's land where he doesn't have any personality as a face and has some personality as a bloviating heel, but his entire appeal is that he's a freakish strong-man who can out-wrestle you in any style you choose, which is not a gimmick that works very well for a face. If WWE wanted to, they could push him as the American dream personified and give him a Bret Hart-like main event run of taking on all comers, but I don't think that kind of champion really works for WWE right now, given the sheer volume of product they have to produce.

BTW, what are the odds that Zayn, when he gets back, defeats Cesaro in a random Raw midcard match, with the announcers only giving a cursory nod to how big of a deal that would be for him?

imBask

Banned
what personnality do you think Zayn will have on RAW? Without his big Kevin Owens rivalry, he's just a dude who loves to skank

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cesaro is on the dead list with Bryan, Orton, Rollins and Rusev. Not sure what the point of discussing gimmicks that might have worked for him when he was still alive.

jmdajr

Cesaro is on the dead list with Bryan, Orton, Rollins and Rusev. Not sure what the point of discussing gimmicks that might have worked for him when he was still alive.

If they were all healthy, I think only Cesaro is hosed. Rusev I think was only going to be in the Dog House for awhile. Seth would be relevant, and Randy doesn't give a fuck.

Fox318

I hope Cesaro is back by Mania.

Cena returned early from his injury and its not like Cesaro is gonna use Bryan's hippie doctors

imBask

Banned
According to Dave Meltzer on the Wrestling Observer Radio, the decision to make Sheamus the champion was decided just hours before the show. The reason was that they did not want fans to boo Reigns as the champion and felt that would cheer for him while booing Sheamus as the champion

sf4xkOt.gif

what personnality do you think Zayn will have on RAW? Without his big Kevin Owens rivalry, he's just a dude who loves to skank

ISIS sympathizer. He speaks Arabic and has Arabic on his tights. Furthermore, he's been a masked worker in the past. Clearly, he is a danger to the WWE Universe.

Roman and Dean match had fire. Too bad it was short. They work well together.

More real talk, for all the shit Roman gets about having a small war crate, the style he DOES have works really well with just about everybody, and he makes small but appreciable tweaks to his moveset in his big matches, which keeps them feeling fresh. He's had good matches this year with Bryan, Brock, Big Show, Barrett, Cesaro, Rollins, Wyatt, and several others, not to mention a very good match with Randy Orton last year before he got injured, and I've no doubt he and Dean could have had a classic had they had a little more time (though it arguably makes more sense for it to be a short match, given it was the second match of the night for both men). I'm off the Dean train for now, because his moves just look too shit-looking, but he's had some good to great matches this year with Cena and Rollins, so he's like a lesser CM Punk in that he can work around lack of technical ability with storytelling chops.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Sami Zayn is going to be the guy eating pins in preshow 6-man tags. Like Dolph Ziggler but not even as protected as him or ever getting a run.

I mean, unless he gets over as "replacement Daniel Bryan." Which I guess could happen since he's like 4 inches taller than Bryan =V

Ithil

People actually legitimately disliked those characters at one point, and then slowly grew to like them. You have to get to a point where they are willing to actually dislike you. Cesaro Section / smarky fans who don't watch RAW live but want RAW to cater to them aren't going to let them. .

Are you suggesting "smark fans" didn't like Bryan pre-heel turn?

Outside of the last few years where he shouldn't have been wrestling anyway did Hogan ever get any major injuries that took him out of action for multiple months?

Fox318

You can't undo the damage D. Bryan has done in one day. Hell, it might be permanent now.

Sucks.

3 things hurt reigns

• Injury that took him out of the Survivor Series angle
  • Promos written by creative
  • Changing from a shield hot tag guy to a Cena clone.

Angry Grimace

Outside of the last few years where he shouldn't have been wrestling anyway did Hogan ever get any major injuries that took him out of action for multiple months?

Yeah but dude was not wrestling nearly as often and Hogan's style was a bunch of simple shit you can't get hurt on.

bjork

King Kong Bundy crushed his ribs, daddy.

Earthquake crushed his ribs, brother.

That no-good DiBiase tried to take him out before WMIX but the power of the trainin, prayers, and vitamins made sure he showed up to take out Money Inc. Whatcha gonna do

bjork

The easiest answer to most injury resistant is The Rock.

Was he ever hurt? He rarely did anything risky anyway, but unless he was out getting chest implants, I don't recall him being out with anything.

Sephzilla

Was he ever hurt? He rarely did anything risky anyway, but unless he was out getting chest implants, I don't recall him being out with anything.

His chest surgery was the only major thing I remember him taking time off for, outside of movies

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah but dude was not wrestling nearly as often and Hogan's style was a bunch of simple shit you can't get hurt on.

Bro, the leg drop basically disintegrated his tailbone, he's lost a foot of height just from the abuse his body has taken and his spine is completely fucked because of it.

Fox318

Wrestlemania 28 and 29 he tore so many muscles off the bone.

bjork

Bro, the leg drop basically disintegrated his tailbone, he's lost a foot of height just from the abuse his body has taken and his spine is completely fucked because of it.

You're saying that as if to say you don't think he has one left in him, brother. He could headline WM32 as the end of his return from the depths of racism to spread equality. Slam Big Show one last time for the Hulksters out there.

Wrestlemania 28 and 29 he tore so many muscles off the bone.

I guess that counts as being hurt, but when you work one day a year, it's hard to look at it the same way.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You're saying that as if to say you don't think he has one left in him, brother. He could headline WM32 as the end of his return from the depths of racism to spread equality. Slam Big Show one last time for the Hulksters out there.
I'm just saying

these odds might be too high, brother :'(

Top Bottom