• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
This is the stuff people should be saying about 28 to 30 year olds who finally get their first world title reign

Sheamus is 37 and on his 4th world title reign. I love him, but he doesn't have "it" and he never will have "it"

He's a great wrestler, he has a standout look, and he has one of the best entrances and themes in WWE history. I know he misses on promos a lot but he does promo better as a heel and at least he has charisma. We'll see. Key #1 is to stop doing the Are You Not Entertained, it doesn't work. I think he has? I don't remember him doing it lately, anyway.

He's a great wrestler, he has a standout look, and he has one of the best entrances and themes in WWE history. I know he misses on promos a lot but he does promo better as a heel and at least he has charisma. We'll see. Key #1 is to stop doing the Are You Not Entertained, it doesn't work. I think he has? I don't remember him doing it lately, anyway.

FELLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

which actually kind of works.

pretty surprised i'm putting this much thought into sheamus and liking some of it.

Hex

Banned
Tonight the Bray Wyatt cycle continues anew.

Makes you wonder who the hell he can fuck with now.
Please no more Roman or Ambrose.
No more Taker or Kane.
Ryback maybe? Usos?

Now that Taker wank is over will we get the return of Corporate Kane? Or will we be subjected to Kane - Roman - Ambrose for the #1 contender spot.

x240-0ST.jpg

Sheamus is such a dope wrestler that I don't even care that he's got little personality. Can anyone honestly say that Roman and Sheamus won't have a sick, stiff as fuck match at TLC and/or Royal Rumble?

Also, that GIF of Reigns doing the powerbomb is fine. I guarantee Reigns lifts weights heavier than Del Rio on a regular basis. He's selling Del Rio being weighty so it looks more impressive and impactful when he hits the move, because despite what the smarks say, Reigns does put a lot of thought into his matches' storytelling and does a good job of looking psychologically convincing.

I think that's what I like about Reigns - of all the guys on the roster, he's one of the only ones that looks, to me, like he's wrestling to win. He puts on good matches, but he never looks like he's TRYING to put on good matches. He looks like he's trying to take guys out and be the best, and he makes it look like it's an uphill battle every time. Why they think they need to make this guy do Cena promos when he'd be so much better as a silent badass who plays to win is beyond me.

Also, that GIF of Reigns doing the powerbomb is fine. I guarantee Reigns lifts weights heavier than Del Rio on a regular basis. He's selling Del Rio being weighty so it looks more impressive and impactful when he hits the move, because despite what the smarks say, Reigns does put a lot of thought into his matches' storytelling and does a good job of looking psychologically convincing.

In my opinion, holding him in a squat then lifting him for the slam looked more impressive than if he just pulled him up all the way. It also makes the move look more "real".

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sheamus has personality, its mostly that being Irish isn't actually a character

Sheamus is such a dope wrestler that I don't even care that he's got little personality. Can anyone honestly say that Roman and Sheamus won't have a sick, stiff as fuck match at TLC and/or Royal Rumble?

I think that's what I like about Reigns - of all the guys on the roster, he's one of the only ones that looks, to me, like he's wrestling to win. He puts on good matches, but he never looks like he's TRYING to put on good matches. He looks like he's trying to take guys out and be the best, and he makes it look like it's an uphill battle every time. Why they think they need to make this guy do Cena promos when he'd be so much better as a silent badass who plays to win is beyond me.

I really fucking hate the spear and the superman punch is corny as fuck and would like his actual wrestling way more if he just stopped that dumb shit

So when's the next time Taker appears? Probably not TLC, maybe the Rumble, definitely wrestling at Mania

well let's rack it up

he's done 3 out of the past 4 ppvs. several raws. several house shows. most of this work being pretty intensive. and he's 50, and looks 65.

i dunno man. a month off? is this is his retirement run, he's gonna want to be on the rumble ppv. heck throw him in the rumble for brock to eliminate haha. that would be fun. but yeah, no reason for him to slum it at TLC.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I'm a "mark" for actually having fun watching wrestling and not bitching about everything online.
Dont worry pal. I like your enthusiasm and insight, even though someone will call you a gimmick poster in 3, 2, 1...

Lothar

Banned
Barrett's 35

Nothing makes you feel older than looking up wrestlers' ages and finding out just how much of their prime has been wasted as you've watched, helpless

I still have nightmares about the Barrett dickkick on the ramp

It's a real mind fuck if you were a teenager or older watching the attitude era and you look at everyone's ages back then and realize that you're older than everyone. I was 14 when the NWO started and 16 when Stone Cold fought HBK at WM. At 34, I am now older than the following wrestlers in 1998: The Rock, Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley, HHH, and the Undertaker.

Roman is fine. Not good , not bad just fine.

Problem is you could say that about all of guys. They all need characters and directions

Roman is better than fine. Dude has been having great matches consistently and with different people. You can slam his character and I can agree with a lot of that, but he has been one of the best in ring performers for a bit.

imBask

Banned
I guess i'm a "smark" for having a basic standard when it comes to a TV show and I don't like to get dog shit pushed down my throat

I guess I'm a "mark" for actually having fun watching wrestling and not bitching about everything online.

I'm the same way. Every place I try to talk about wrestling online is mostly just people complaining about it. I don't get why people read spoilers its like wrestling is the only thing people want to spoil for themselves. I still come here because I like to read everyone opinion on things and its a great community.

Like I said in another thread, its fun to get lost in the moment while watching wrestling. That's what I do. Sure sometimes it isnt great or the storyline is sub par. Lots of the time though its really good and its fun that we have so much wrestling to watch per week. I'm happy to see what they do with Sheamus and Roman.

Roman is better than fine. Dude has been having great matches consistently and with different people. You can slam his character and I can agree with a lot of that, but he has been one of the best in ring performers for a bit.

Guess we'll agree to disagree. Of the Roman matches I have seen, the only one I enjoy was against Brock

Ithil

ITT we nitpick one move that we wouldn't do with guys we like.

In my opinion, holding him in a squat then lifting him for the slam looked more impressive than if he just pulled him up all the way. It also makes the move look more "real".

Daniel Bryan messes up moves and I don't see people the next day with a gif saying "look at this move! He sucks!"

Let's all make .gifs of a single move from all the performers last night and point out when the wrestler in the gif sucks.

Then watch something else?

hpKpdRW.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is it problematic that Kevin Owens clearly gained like 20 pounds

Top Bottom