• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Guess we'll agree to disagree. Of the Roman matches I have seen, the only one I enjoy was against Brock

His matches with Brock, Bryan and Cesaro were great. His Hell in a Cell match with Bray Wyatt was good as well. I'm sure someone will tell me that he was carried against Brock/Bryan/Cesaro, but I don't think he was.

CUiXMtuWEAAoC_I.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I plan on watching the opening segment and the final segment in a way that won't count towards ratings, if you catch my drift

Fun fact: you don't count for ratings anyways that's not how ratings work

Daniel Bryan messes up moves and I don't see people the next day with a gif saying "look at this move! He sucks!"
Yes, because it would be dumb to say that one of the best wrestlers ever sucks. Roman has never sniffed that level. That move deserves to be criticized because a) it's a highlight move, b) it's a power move by a wrestler who is booked as powerful.

bjork

tbh I still don't get how traditionnal ratings work, are they based on sectors or surveys or something?

traditionnal TV is dumb

What he's saying is, you're in canada, so you don't count.

Yes, because it would be dumb to say that one of the best wrestlers ever sucks. Roman has never sniffed that level. That move deserves to be criticized because a) it's a highlight move, b) it's a power move by a wrestler who is booked as powerful.

Are you saying Bryan is one of the best wrestlers ever?

Is it problematic that Kevin Owens clearly gained like 20 pounds

I think he should gain like 30 more. He'd look better as a legit fat guy just stiffing the hell out of people. Chris Hero has eaten his way into nirvana at this point.

Edit: You really don't think Reigns can lift Del Rio? lol

Also, Angry Grimace, I don't really care for the Superman Punch, but I appreciate that Reigns always finds different ways of hitting it instead of just doing his signature the same way every time like Cena.

Toki767

What kind of match are Reigns and Sheamus even going to have? A chairs match?

I don't think the two of them can pull off a TLC match. Though maybe a tables match.

Sheamus is boring as a character but he's the closest thing to a strong style guy in the WWE. His match with Reigns will be a lot better than everyone expects.

TheFuzz

The problem is that this company decides who is "over" and spends more time pushing their choice than they need too. It's not hard, Ambrose and Ziggler both got white hot in the past year and the company was too stupid to move on it. Doing so would admit they guessed wrong and Vince is too big of an arrogant prick to do that.

It's not the 90s and they need to realize they can't "trick" audiences like 1987. They need to learn that keeping their ear to the tracks and striking when they have the chance is the only way they will recover. Vince will have wasted nearly two years "crowning" Reigns when he didn't even need too.

Turning Reigns and having Ambrose chase him would have been too easy. It wouldn't matter since Rollins comes back and you immediately have a 6 month program established.

the fuck does being strong style have to do with anything anybody wants out of WWE

I thought people wanted wrestling out of WWE. Sheamus' style of wrestling is something that Roman can work with better than some other wrestlers on the roster. That's why the match will be more than the sum of its parts and will be better than everyone expects.

Sheamus can put on high quality matches whenever he needs to. One of my favorites with him is his ladder match with John Morrison. But his booking...dear god, his booking.

bjork

Ziggler is too much of a social media crybaby to ever hold the title again. Always with his little passive aggressive posts about stuff. I would've let that dildo's contract run out a long time ago. Fuck him.

TheFuzz

Ziggler is too much of a social media crybaby to ever hold the title again. Always with his little passive aggressive posts about stuff. I would've let that dildo's contract run out a long time ago. Fuck him.

Guy is white hot twice now and they refuse to let him run with it. I'd be pissed, too. Michaels, by all accounts, was a "crybaby" but people didn't mind.

When it comes to weekly television, I want good storytelling more than "good" matches, because what makes a good match depends on the story it's trying to tell.

I thought people wanted wrestling out of WWE. Sheamus' style of wrestling is something that Roman can work with better than some other wrestlers on the roster. That's why the match will be more than the sum of its parts and will be better than everyone expects.

The match that those two had with each other a few months ago on Raw was really good. I was hoping that would start a feud between them but Reigns ended up with Wyatt instead.

Top Bottom