• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You know there is a problem in a company when they have some one over but don't push them because either they got over by their own accords or they don't fit what they believe should be a star.

Also, to note Sami Zayn is now advertised for the NXT UK tour.

In fairness to them, putting Bryan in the Rumble last year was a huge fucking mistake if they were trying to get Roman over.

DMczaf

SAMI IS BACK!!

LETS GO!!

0nSwPTp.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What about writing Roman as the cena fans hate?

There's a billion mistakes there obviously. I wouldn't be surprised in any way if they felt like Roman already paid his dues by as a heel to get over by being in the Shield despite the fact that Roman didn't say or do much in that group. But making Bryan's first appearance back the same event where the last 20 minutes of the previous version was booing and Daniel Bryan chants when you're booking a guy who the crowd is 50-50 on is just not smart. The Rumble is different than the other PPVs. You can easily stick Bryan at WrestleMania fighting some other indie darling and it will be fine because it tempers the audience expectations he's going to magically show up in the main event.

There's almost 0 incentive to have Bryan appear right now regardless of his health.

Just watching Jericho's debut. Man. He had that character completely formed in like 5 minutes, including various catchphrases. Was anyone of this taken from his WCW run?

somedevil

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Don't get to exited it could be a mistake or he is at the shows but not wrestling.

As for the Rumble disaster last year the whole problem is some in WWE don't know what they have in Bryan. They are befuddled by why he is so popular and this belief led to two years in the row the Rumble becoming the biggest heel in wrestling.

Cause how stupid you would be to put Bryan in the Rumble not knowing the fans expect him to win because he never got the title run they wanted from him because of his injury.

Angry Grimace

Just watching Jericho's debut. Man. He had that character completely formed in like 5 minutes, including various catchphrases. Was anyone of this taken from his WCW run?

I always forget the end of that segment was the Rock throwing out a bunch of his dumb Rock catchphrases and Jericho being like "wat"

Mizerman

More or less.

Prior to him leaving WCW, Jericho's character was almost like how he was in the WWE.

Aiii

So not worth it
A lot of it was.

All of it was.

Which is was the people wanted. Jericho was ready for the main event, but WCW kept him down, then he was off of TV for months before his Raw debut and people were so much wanting him to be in the main event. Debuting him against The Rock was really smart.

He should have won the title in his first match on PPV, though.

Angry Grimace

Don't get to exited it could be a mistake or he is at the shows but not wrestling.

As for the Rumble disaster last year the whole problem is some in WWE don't know what they have in Bryan. They are befuddled by why he is so popular and this belief led to two years in the row the Rumble becoming the biggest heel in wrestling.

Cause how stupid you would be to put Bryan in the Rumble not knowing the fans expect him to win because he never got the title run they wanted from him because of his injury.

The problem is that Bryan gets pops, but even when Bryan was a big thing its not like ratings were through the roof. If he could pull a point in the Nielsons, he'd be on regardless of whether his head was on straight.

I would seriously question whether there's any single thing they could do that would just pop ratings. I mean, I can come up with one - Heel John Cena headlines Mania against returning, anti-corporation babyface CM Punk. But that's so incredibly out there in fantasy land its not worth thinking about.

More or less.

Prior to him leaving WCW, Jericho's character was almost like how he was in the WWE.

Cool. Well that explains that, cos otherwise, it would be insanely impressive.

Moving on, I'm now checking out Hogan v Rock. How dare these fans boo The Rock so overwhelmingly.

Savitar

Were people actually blaming fans? Because almost all reactions fans have is due to the bungling and mismanagement upon the part of the WWE. They've succeeded in making the audience behave a certain way, only it's opposite of what the WWE wants due to how bad they handle everything. The only blame is upon the WWE in the end. Bite the hand that feeds you and all that.

Were people actually blaming fans? Because almost all reactions fans have is due to the bungling and mismanagement upon the part of the WWE. They've succeeded in making the audience behave a certain way, only it's opposite of what the WWE wants due to how bad they handle everything. The only blame is upon the WWE in the end. Bite the hand that feeds you and all that.

A lot of crazy shit happens in here in the off season, pal.

Toki767

People? No.

WWE? Absolutely. The problem can't possibly be them, after all.

Angry Grimace

You can't turn Cena heel because there isn't a big enough baby face for him to do wrong or go up against. It would have virtually no impact.

Well, I mean, my ridiculous fantasy scenario had CM Punk brainwashed into coming back.

That and literally everyone who was booing him before would be cheering wildly, so it all cancels out.

You have to go full Insane Bob Backland with Cena

Dion314

Neo Member
You can't turn Cena heel because there isn't a big enough baby face for him to do wrong or go up against. It would have virtually no impact.

I think it's more than just in ring or merch reasons.. I think it's the fact that there's probably nobody that will be a company man like him. Squeaky clean, lives and breathes the company, has probably worked more shows, tv and house, than everybody else on the roster and hasn't complained once, works hurt and will come back from injury early, great company ambassador, does all the appearances/Make a Wish/etc, barely takes time off....whoever ends up as the next "ace" will be expected to do all of that and more.

If there was another guy on the roster that could do all of that and be a decent performer, Cena could turn with no problem.

Watched a STARDOM show from last week, the top two matches were great - Io Shirai is ridiculously good, she had an awesome match with Sendai Sachiko (barring one nasty superplex spot). Was pretty impressed by Mayu Iwatani in the main event as well, she showed a ton of fire in the process of taking an absolute goddamn beating from Meiko Satomura.

5o6VZLQ.gif

XunlyZM.gif

sqtYZHW.gif

Angry Grimace

That's why he should've turned heel while breaking the Undertaker's streak for the nuclearest heat of all time.

He would have gotten Shawn Michaels Faking Out the Montreal Crowd With Bret Hart's Music-level heat if he did it as a face.

Cena as a heel is a waste of talent like turning Austin heel was. The dude is over with mainstream audiences - his spot as dominant US champ with the occasional guy going over him is exactly right, maybe throw in one more WWE champ run, but Cena in his current incarnation is gold.

He was terrible before, but he's good now.

DMczaf

The only entertainment im getting out of WWE these days are the Observer podcasts.

Real Ass Meltzer is real as fuck lately.

UberTag

In fairness to them, putting Bryan in the Rumble last year was a huge fucking mistake if they were trying to get Roman over.
The mere fact that they brought Bryan back for the Rumble thinking it wouldn't have any impact on how the fans responded to Roman showed just how tone-deaf they are.

I think it's more than just in ring or merch reasons.. I think it's the fact that there's probably nobody that will be a company man like him. Squeaky clean, lives and breathes the company, has probably worked more shows, tv and house, than everybody else on the roster and hasn't complained once, works hurt and will come back from injury early, great company ambassador, does all the appearances/Make a Wish/etc, barely takes time off....whoever ends up as the next "ace" will be expected to do all of that and more.

If there was another guy on the roster that could do all of that and be a decent performer, Cena could turn with no problem.
The one guy who came the closest to doing all of the above? The Miz. Oddly enough, he's also the one guy who got a pinfall win over Cena in the main event of WrestleMania.

The only entertainment im getting out of WWE these days are the Observer podcasts.

Real Ass Meltzer is real as fuck lately.
Meltzer knows who pays his bills. It's angry, disenchanted wrestling fans.
Problem is when those fans turn apathetic and won't even pay money to hear Meltzer be real as fuck about the shitty product.

This just doesn't get old, fun to watch and a loving highlight of what's wrong with the booking.
Also Kane breaking that record.

Here's a dope idea,

Stop interrupting every match for a commercial break.

That feeling when you see someone get thrown out of the ring about 2 minutes into a match and you can already hear Cole's break heralding speech in your head before he actually starts.

Alvarez actually said...Sunday night or early Monday I think that they always see a big increase in subs whenever WWE or TNA do something really stupid

Which has been noticably frequently over the last few years

jmdajr

Man I am done. Fuck wrestling. Just everything. Everything. The whole Universe. I'm outta here.

see ya'll tomorrow for NXT!

Oh, awesome - Demand PROGRESS and other VOD services that make use of Pivotshare (ICW, AIW, SMASH, CZW, etc) will now work via the PS4 & XB1 web browsers.

Hint, hint.

Ithil

Cena as a heel is a waste of talent like turning Austin heel was. The dude is over with mainstream audiences - his spot as dominant US champ with the occasional guy going over him is exactly right, maybe throw in one more WWE champ run, but Cena in his current incarnation is gold.

He was terrible before, but he's good now.

Austin never got that polarizing half hate half love reaction, especially not for 9 years.

Angry Grimace

I know y'all love indie wrestling but no matter how bad the WWE product is I'm not turning to carny entertainment that takes place at actual carnivals.

Top Bottom