• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also I want Nattie on every single RAW show just because when her theme hits I immediately pop like a dog when they here a treat bag is opened, thinking that Bret is coming out.

Ithil

Eh?

They are not pushing Bryan? Let's bury the whole roster with chants!

That Rumble crowd cheered the hell out of Ziggler, Ambrose, Bray (who eliminated Bryan), even Rusev and Sandow. If any of them had won the Rumble the crowd would have been delighted.

somedevil

Eh?

If was not that way. They just didn't want Reigns to win. They would of been fine with Ziggler, Ambrose, Rusev or Bray winning but instead they were dumped by Kane and the Big Show to make the crowd even more angry.

edit: The year before they were made that Bryan was not in it and that Batista was going to win. Remember Reigns was getting chants to win before Batista eliminated him.

VigilantTallCopperbutterfly.gif

I know I defend raw and how much wrestling we all get to watch during the week but it does seem long. Every week when my SO and I watch it she usually falls alseep by 10pm because it's alot to take in.

WWE needs to do the brand split again. Put the WWE Championship and US Title on Raw. Put the IC and Tag Titles on Smackdown. WWE has so much talent they can build up. Titus O'Neal could be a monster if booked right. I love his style in the ring.

Marvel

could never
It seems with age in this binness you turn into an over emotional hot mess. Mick just needs the tears now and all will be complete.

Mizerman

Eh?

Let's not pretend for one moment that WWE are victims for bringing back one of their workers. They could've easily held him off until after the RR and none will be the wiser.

And also, Ambrose, Bray, Ziggler and even Sandow were still cheered after Bryan was gone. If either of them won, I highly doubt people would've booed them.

I dunno, it just seems like some would falsely blame one wrestler (who's not at fault for getting super popular at that time). It reeks of sour grapes.

I know I defend raw and how much wrestling we all get to watch during the week but it does seem long. Every week when my SO and I watch it she usually falls alseep by 10pm because it's alot to take in.

WWE needs to do the brand split again. Put the WWE Championship and US Title on Raw. Put the IC and Tag Titles on Smackdown. WWE has so much talent they can build up. Titus O'Neal could be a monster if booked right. I love his style in the ring.

Anything but a fake brand split again. That's part of what turned me off to the product in the early 2000s. The only way I would kind of be ok with it is if they elevated NXT and made that the Thursday show. But doing that I think would lead to NXT losing part of what makes it so entertaining right now.

But the deal w/ the different GMs and whatnot for some reason was a deal breaker w/ me when it came to suspension of disbelief.

Colocho

Banned
Now that they're calling this Sheamus' 4th reign, does it mean that Ziggler and Swagger are former WWE World Heavyweight Champions?

jmdajr

If was not that way. They just didn't want Reigns to win. They would of been fine with Ziggler, Ambrose, Rusev or Bray winning but instead they were dumped by Kane and the Big Show to make the crowd even more angry.

edit: The year before they were made that Bryan was not in it and that Batista was going to win. Remember Reigns was getting chants to win before Batista eliminated him.
It doesn't matter. No one cares about anyone now. Not Shield members, not Wyatt, or Ziggler.

UberTag

I feel bad for Reigns. No one wants him to succeed. And when the chips are down we complain about 50/50 booking. So what is it then? Hey they were trying and shit got derailed because Daniel Bryan. Clap clap clap.

D. Bry should never have come back. Yes I was upset about his Rumble elimination, but he should have never been there in the first place.
You're 100% correct on this. They sabotaged themselves. Should have saved D.Brine for the RAW after WrestleMania instead of having him kill himself in a nothing IC title multi-man match with fucking Benoit-style flying headbutt dives.

Just think of the pop his return would have brought and they would have had a ready-made program between him and the newly-crowned Reigns. Rollins would have still had 3 PPVs to cash in before the next Money in the Bank event.

kiguel182

Eh?

Are we still not over this?

People wanted Bryan, WWE said "fuck you" so people got angry. How is this hard to understand?

This is not sports. It's a show made for an audience. If you are fucking over your audience they are going to react, badly.

And if you are blaming your audience then you are a shitty entertainer because it's your job to make sure they don't get pissed off in the first place. (That you is the WWE obviously, not you)

Toki767

Are we still not over this?

People wanted Bryan, WWE said "fuck you" so people got angry. How is this hard to understand?

This is not sports. It's a show made for an audience. If you are fucking over your audience they are going to react, badly.

And if you are blaming your audience then you are a shitty entertainer because it's your job to make sure they don't get pissed off in the first place. (That you is the WWE obviously, not you)
Also, you can't constantly put on a TV show every week saying the goal of the show is to entertain the audience and what's "best for business" and all that crap and then not deliver what the audience actually wants.

It's the stupidest thing.

Mizerman

That sucked.

I am glad Bautista got the last laugh. He is done with all this.

So let me get this straight: one is obligated to cheer for anyone just because it's convenient? Even if it that person is not a favorite of theirs? I don't think so.

That's just putting one's head in the sand.

Don't get me wrong, Rey definitely didn't deserve that.

kiguel182

The audience isn't responsible for enjoying the show.

Whoever puts the show it's one that's responsible for making sure people enjoy it.

Wrestling has a lot of backwards mentality I know. But a show that doesn't respect is audiences has no-one to blame but itself when things fall flat on their faces.

Philly is also just a really shitty city...especially for sports. Those fans are something else. There was no need to harass the superstars after the Royal Rumble was over.

kiguel182

Also, you can't constantly put on a TV show every week saying the goal of the show is to entertain the audience and what's "best for business" and all that crap and then not deliver what the audience actually wants.

Pretty much. On top of having extreme contempt for their audience we still have to hear their speeches about how much they love the WWE Universe and how they make this for us every single week.

When we know they kinda hate everyone that doesn't like what they put out and accuse everyone of "now knowing the business".

And sure, I don't know the business. All of this because WWE thinks they are more than just a serialised TV show when that's what they are. And I know when a TV show entertains me or not. And when it's well written or not.

But Sheamus is on SportsCenter so yay. They are like the NFL!

UberTag

Well, the thing about that is when they say "best for business" they mean the audience that consists of advertisers, corporate sponsors and shareholders. "The fans" are a DIFFERENT audience... that if given what they believe they want ISN'T "best for business".

(Of course, the only audience that actually matters here is Vince. Let's be real here.)

So let me get this straight: one is obligated to cheer for anyone just because it's convenient? Even if it that person is not a favorite of theirs? I don't think so.

That's just putting one's head in the sand.

Don't get me wrong, Rey definitely didn't deserve that.

You're right on both counts. On the other hand, some modern crowds have irked me somewhat with chants that are completely random and disrespectful to the workers in front of them. They take the whole "being part of the show" thing way too far. Nothing shouts apathy better than silence.

I also think that the "This is Awesome" chants are being handed out way too liberally these days. Maybe I've just become and old smark.

You're right on both counts. On the other hand, some modern crowds have irked me somewhat with chants that are completely random and disrespectful to the workers in front of them. They take the whole "being part of the show" thing way too far. Nothing shouts apathy better than silence.

Those fans paid good money to be entertained, so if WWE can't provide it for them, then they'll just entertain themselves/each other with fun chants.

Mizerman

I also think that the "This is Awesome" chants are being handed out way too liberally these days.

You're not wrong. There are some portion of fans that ruin things. I won't argue with that.

And yeah, the "This is Awesome" chants often do get played out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I feel bad for Reigns. No one wants him to succeed. And when the chips are down we complain about 50/50 booking. So what is it then? Hey they were trying and shit got derailed because Daniel Bryan. Clap clap clap.

D. Bry should never have come back. Yes I was upset about his Rumble elimination, but he should have never been there in the first place.

Even if Bryan was time-warped back to being 20 with no injuries there's basically no way he's showing up before January 25th.

somedevil

You know there is a problem in a company when they have some one over but don't push them because either they got over by their own accords or they don't fit what they believe should be a star.

Also, to note Sami Zayn is now advertised for the NXT UK tour.

Fox318

You know there is a problem in a company when they have some one over but don't push them because either they got over by their own accords or they don't fit what they believe should be a star.

Also, to note Sami Zayn is now advertised for the NXT UK tour.
Thats what happens when there isn't a competitor and unless nbc cancels the CEO won't get let go.

Top Bottom