• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I know y'all love indie wrestling but no matter how bad the WWE product is I'm not turning to carny entertainment that takes place at actual carnivals.

Wow, so indie. Much carnival.

vMgmd3p.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm just saying people are like "watch this promotion instead guys!" and it either looks like high school play production values or its in a language I don't speak, or just as often, both.

Recall

ICW - they drew a crowd of 4,000 in Glasgow earlier this month - the biggest non-WWE crowd British wrestling has seen in 34 years!

Amazing! Just from that gif alone has peaked my interest. I wonder what drew so many people...

Drew Galloway is in it right? Off to google I go.

Ithil

Holy shit what promotion is that? That crowd is packed!
ICW, a Scottish promotion that's got an ECW sort of thing going on right now. It's getting really hot, as far as British indies go. That's the biggest wrestling crowd for a British promotion since the early 80s.

Quite a lot of British indies are doing well right now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Did you watch Wrestle Kingdom 9 with Jim Ross on commentary?

It's like watching any random event, its just random to me. The wrestling might be good, but honestly, the wrestling in WWE is better than it was when I was younger and watching by a fucking lot. The carny soap opera is more entertaining to me than just watching two essentially random dudes pretend to fight each other until the scripted ending.

Amazing! Just from that gif alone has peaked my interest. I wonder what drew so many people...

Drew Galloway is in it right? Off to google I go.

Drew vs Grado was the big money match, they also had Rhyno in and Foley as the guest commissioner for the evening. Next year they're trying to run the Hydro, which has a capacity of 12k! Crazy ambitious, I hope they sell it out.

JavyOO7

I'm just saying people are like "watch this promotion instead guys!" and it either looks like high school play production values or its in a language I don't speak, or just as often, both.

Many here could benefit from getting a NJPWWorld. Hopefully other Japan promotions (if money permits) do their own wrasslin' network soon.

Watched a STARDOM show from last week, the top two matches were great - Io Shirai is ridiculously good, she had an awesome match with Sendai Sachiko (barring one nasty superplex spot). Was pretty impressed by Mayu Iwatani in the main event as well, she showed a ton of fire in the process of taking an absolute goddamn beating from Meiko Satomura.

5o6VZLQ.gif

XunlyZM.gif

sqtYZHW.gif

Jeezus at these gifs, especially the head kick.

espher

I really miss the brand split.

I had an incentive to watch both shows back then because there was more talent on-air and the odds of there being a six-man tag on Smackdown that was the same as the six-man tag that was on RAW that was the same as the six-man tag on Smackdown the week before were nil.

If you watch a random match from a promotion you don't know, the match is meaningless because you're unaware of the backstory and characters involved - WWE booking somehow manages to render most matches meaningless, in spite of the fact that the audience knows the characters and backstory involved.

Austin never got that polarizing half hate half love reaction, especially not for 9 years.

fine, and it'll go over in the short term with the smarks around here, but it doesn't make business sense. cena is a quasi-mainstream marketable figure and i think they want to keep him that way. it's beyond wrestling with cena.

Ithil

fine, and it'll go over in the short term with the smarks around here, but it doesn't make business sense. cena is a quasi-mainstream marketable figure and i think they want to keep him that way. it's beyond wrestling with cena.

Rock was far, far bigger than Cena is, he still had his Hollywood Rock run. There's a time and a place for a Cena heel run, it's not right now, but in the future if they ever managed to get a replacement top guy.

Come on, anyone with a brain saw that rating coming a mile away. Roman vs fucking Rusev.

And what's with the D Bry fans ruined everything bullshit? Everyone turned on Roman when CM Punk blew up his spot. Hence he was getting booed the fuck out before he even won. Just watch the pop the dude got at TLC last year. He would have had an epic Rumble win if the podcast never happened.

Funny thing is i don't think Punk brought up the story to bury the guy but it's crazy to see a few words legit destroyed his entire year.

What's even more funny is this could have been easily fixed. They should have turned him heel and then turn on the Authority months later. Works every damn time.

Fox318

This journey is going to be special. I can't wait for their reaction to Starrcade 2000.

Starrcade2000ogo.jpg

Hint: Sting was not on the show

Hint 2: The ending reveal was fucking hilarious
Only time I watched Wcw as a kid was when goldberg was getting hot.

I wish I watched wcw more

Oh!!

"The WWE Network has quietly added a new section to the Vault area titled 'NWA World Championship Wrestling.'

Currently, there are two TV episodes from the famed Saturday night TBS series:

11/16/85, main evented by Ric Flair & The Andersons vs. Terry Taylor & Pez Whatley & Ronnie Garvin.

4/12/86, headlined by NWA World champion Ric Flair vs. Ricky Morton
."

Good work, finally.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oh!!

"The WWE Network has quietly added a new section to the Vault area titled 'NWA World Championship Wrestling.'

Currently, there are two TV episodes from the famed Saturday night TBS series:

11/16/85, main evented by Ric Flair & The Andersons vs. Terry Taylor & Pez Whatley & Ronnie Garvin.

4/12/86, headlined by NWA World champion Ric Flair vs. Ricky Morton
."

Good work, finally.
Bout fucking time.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Has it become better or worse, now that's all about ..

the fans

Think it has become disjointed because it's trying to serve everyone. Pick a demographic, stick with it.

I definitely got on board with Cena during the US Open Challenge. It was completely fucking ruined then by having Del Rio win in a 7 minute squash.

That heat was MADE for an NXT guy. Like...how fucking stupid is WWE? How do you fuck the best thing you've built up in the last year so easily? FUCK FUCK FUCK

FUCKKKK

Doesn't help that the two best faces for NXT got injured. Add in that NXT is now touring, and they can't just send over Balor or whoever.

ROH doesn't know how to ask for help. Too proud to improve their own product, the production values should be much better.

IIRC, Sinclair is way the hell bigger than WWE is, too. ROH has zero excuse to not have at least 80% of WWE's production values at this point.

Come on, anyone with a brain saw that rating coming a mile away. Roman vs fucking Rusev.

And what's with the D Bry fans ruined everything bullshit? Everyone turned on Roman when CM Punk blew up his spot. Hence he was getting booed the fuck out before he even won. Just watch the pop the dude got at TLC last year. He would have had an epic Rumble win if the podcast never happened.

Funny thing is i don't think Punk brought up the story to bury the guy but it's crazy to see a few words legit destroyed his entire year.

What's even more funny is this could have been easily fixed. They should have turned him heel and then turn on the Authority months later. Works every damn time.

Punk has a pipebomb. He's known for being super vindictive and extremely smart. I don't think he dislikes Roman, but I think he knew how to screw WWE, and he took it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
ROH is owned by a fucking Television company yet has embarrassing production values.

Don't get it twisted though, it's RR 2015 that torpedoed Roman. He could have won the Rumble in 2014 and maaaybe things would have worked out better for him with the fans.

Gonzalez

Banned
Put on the first episode of NWA... First thing that we see is Nikita Koloff decapitating some jobber with the Russian Sickle, followed by a Nikita promo.

This is fucking awesome!

I think JR still has a good mind for the business. On Austin's podcast he doesn't really say anything bad about Survivor Series, he acknowledges the kind of environment that WWE is in and talks about where he sees it going from here and where he thinks it should go. I'll be checking out the Ross report later with meltzer.

Heel WCW Jericho is best Jericho.

Nope

2f179c3278chris-jericho.jpg

KingBroly

Banned
At this point I'm convinced that The New Day aren't scripted by Creative. There is no way those bumbling chucklefucks have anything to do with how over those three guys have gotten since Wrestlemania.

UberTag

At this point I'm convinced that The New Day aren't scripted by Creative. There is no way those bumbling chucklefucks have anything to do with how over those three guys have gotten since Wrestlemania.
Of course they're not. They're just being themselves. Watch any of their improv stuff, backstage segments or their interaction on UpUpDownDown clearly shows they're not being scripted by Creative. It's also why they're the only act that's over. Funny how those things correlate with one another.

DMczaf

i wish New Day would leak the new notes they get from creative on how to continue this incarnation of New Day.

Like, what is creative's version of this incarnation of New Day???

Top Bottom