• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
What a cast of characters in that match:

Hardcore Holly
Carlito
Brian Kendrick
Charlie Haas
Cody Rhodes
DH Smith
Jim Duggan
JBL
Lance Cade
Paul Burchill
Robbie
Santino
Snitsky
Super Crazy
Trevor Murdoch
Umaga
Val Venis

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Vince is probably texting/calling The Rock every 5 minutes to try and get him back for Royal Rumble through Wrestlemania.

One thing that can stop the ratings slide.

SIFOMX2.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Me too. I mean is this really worse than David Arquette being WCW champion?

Alright, he took it a bit too far there, but I miss the days when RAW/Nitro were something to talk about. It seems like literally nothing happens week after week.

And enough trolling the live audiences by teasing actual title matches on the show only to quickly clarify that it will happen at the PPV! Enough!

The problem is that Guy A wrestling Guy B for nothing is dumb and boring and not why anyone watches

You're actually getting to the point of not having an answer for why you're watching when someone asks why you watch fake bullshit

klonere

Banned
RAW November 24th, 2014
Hour one - 4.73 million
Hour two - 3.99 million
Hour three - 4.01 million
Average - 4.23 million

RAW November 23rd, 2015
Hour one - 3.19 million
Hour two - 2.99 million
Hour three - 2.71 million
Average - 2.96 million

FUPKjWu.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
RAW November 24th, 2014
Hour one - 4.73 million
Hour two - 3.99 million
Average - 4.23 million

RAW November 23rd, 2015
Hour one - 3.19 million
Hour two - 2.99 million
Average - 2.96 million

FUPKjWu.gif

Sting showed up on November 23 2014

jmdajr

I feel bad for Reigns. No one wants him to succeed. And when the chips are down we complain about 50/50 booking. So what is it then? Hey they were trying and shit got derailed because Daniel Bryan. Clap clap clap.

D. Bry should never have come back. Yes I was upset about his Rumble elimination, but he should have never been there in the first place.

Ithil

I feel bad for Reigns. No one wants him to succeed. And when the chips are down we complain about 50/50 booking. So what is it then? Hey they were trying and shit got derailed because Daniel Bryan. Clap clap clap.

D. Bry should never have come back. Yes I was upset about his Rumble elimination, buf he should have never been there in the first place.

Give non-50/50 booking to someone who isn't an entertainment vacuum?

Bronx-Man

Banned

D. Bry should never have come back. Yes I was upset about his Rumble elimination, but he should have never been there in the first place.
I have an idea for Reigns: Turn. Him. Heel.

RAW November 24th, 2014
Hour one - 4.73 million
Hour two - 3.99 million
Average - 4.23 million

RAW November 23rd, 2015
Hour one - 3.19 million
Hour two - 2.99 million
Average - 2.96 million

FUPKjWu.gif
Lol at the use of that gif. Look at the decline in the ratings that the #RollinsEra has brought upon the WWE. The multiple Rollins segment throughout the three hour show caused for these constant ratings decline. I know I'm supposed to feel bad for Rollins for injuring himself doing a fucking sunset flip on Kane during a house in Europe, but let's be real here. Hell, Roman isn't even the champ nor is he the main focus of the show.
o25it6y.gif

klonere

Banned
Sting showed up on November 23 2014

Lost to HHH and got put on the shelf by Seth-kun. What a fucking run.

Post SS last year held so much fucking promise, its the jump off point for so much possibility
especially if they had kept the Dean/Seth feud going to be Team Dean/Cena vs Team Seth
and they pissed it all away in one year.

Christ.

Toki767

Lol at the use of that gif. Look at the decline in the ratings that the #RollinsEra has brought upon the WWE. The multiple Rollins segment throughout the three hour show caused for these constant ratings decline. I know I'm supposed to feel bad for Rollins for injuring himself doing a fucking sunset flip on Kane during a house in Europe, but let's be real here. Hell, Roman isn't even the champ nor is he the main focus of the show.

What show have you been watching?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Has anybody ever calculated how much time on RAW is devoted to merely recapping/replaying exactly what just happened in the segment right before the commercial?

RAW November 24th, 2014
Hour one - 4.73 million
Hour two - 3.99 million
Average - 4.23 million

RAW November 23rd, 2015
Hour one - 3.19 million
Hour two - 2.99 million
Average - 2.96 million

RAW November 21, 2016
Hour one - 2.69 million
Hour two - 2.39 million
Hour three - 2.51 million
Average - 2.46 million

Angry Grimace

Lost to HHH and got put on the shelf by Seth-kun. What a fucking run.

Post SS last year held so much fucking promise, its the jump off point for so much possibility
especially if they had kept the Dean/Seth feud going to be Team Dean/Cena vs Team Seth
and they pissed it all away in one year.

Christ.

Well, the thing is, Cena's team won, Sting appeared for the first time and HHH and Stephanie were kayfabe fired, so of course people tuned in.

Random midcarders picked up the titles all the goddamn time when they still had the brand split, so it doesn't mean anything now.

Aiii

So not worth it
o25it6y.gif

Neither guy was the focus of the show.

It was the authority that is and was and remains the focus of the storylines. It's 2004 all over again.

Mizerman

Sounds like a bad excuse that comes from those who go "why aren't people liking something I do."

So they blame others.

Raw is so long it's hard for me to say there IS a main focus anymore.

Also, I'm pretty sure WWE just figures ratings will spike back to normalish around Royal Rumble, like usual, hence why they're staying the course. If WM season tanks, there's actual cause for alarm internally.

UberTag

Has it become better or worse, now that's all about ..

the fans
Build a product around "the fans"... whether it's placating the fans or trying to manipulate them to react a certain way... never results in anything good. Usually winds up with the "tries to be everything to all people, excels at absolutely nothing" end result.

I agree that the cool part of the Lesnar program was passing the torch to Brock as the new final boss but they didn't really play that up much.

As for Bray well....he had to feud with nothing for the Mania match which firmly established the "boring wandering confusing 20 minute Bray promo about nothing" because how do you build a feud against a fucking Titantron.? I dunno man, Bray is probably the most out there and unique character on the roster in this era of incredibly limited creative ambition - he needs big wins over big guys to feel like a real threat or a real star.

How many runs with the belt did Taker get? Taker got to destroy Dusty on his way in immediately then got the better of fucking Warrior and ended up beating HOGAN for the damn belt. They are terrified to commit to new people in any sort of big way in handing out those Ws so your replacement, full time on screen (Brock is part time and can't contribute to the show week to week) Undertaker is a fucking 500 club geek with a fancy gimmick.

To me, who started watching last year, Taker is a musty old man who murdered the credibility of his nearest modern counterpart twice (including a hilarious 2 v 4 burial of the Family on TV) took a dream match (Rollins vs Brock) away from me, got his win back from a shitty Mania match and then did the honors for a man who is untouchable in a feud that was hotshotted to Hell in a Cell. Fuck Taker.

Haha, I can see we're going to disagree, but that's fine. He's only a 4 time champ. I don't count the WHC. If I do, I need to concede that the likes of Ziggler and Swagger are former champs. I'm not ready for that.

I completely missed the Dusty program. I started watching right before WM7 and my first Undertaker memory is him putting Snuka in a bodybag. The Warrior program never had a definitive resolution as far as I can remember. As for Hogan, I just rewatched Survivor Series 91 and This Tuesday in Texas. Hogan completely no sells the tombstone in the first match. lol. The second match was actually hilarious as to how strong they kept Taker. First, he comes back from a chair shot to the face by Flair. Then, he takes an urn to the skull from Bearer and is subsequently blinded when Hogan opens it up and throws the ashes in his eyes. Hogan wins with a quick roll up as Taker kicks out just a hair too late. He then continues to sell his blindness by wildly punching at the air.

Anyway, that's enough nostalgia. I don't see Bray as his modern counterpart. Bray is more like Jake Roberts, as many have cited in the past. Jake, especially when he turned heal, wasn't booked super strong. He was getting his ass kicked around the arena by Mach. He didn't need wins, because his despicable actions got him over. He was so evil that he turned Undertaker face! Bray isn't evil. He's just a loony toon at the moment. Actually, the stuff Jake was doing back in 91/92 wouldn't even fly today. He was sick fuck in real life, and it showed through in his character.

It does suck that Lesnar is part time, but that's who they're working with. There is really nobody else ready to carry that mantle at the present time. Hopefully, if that person does arise, Lesnar will do what needs to be done.

Top Bottom