• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
You guys should watch AWA superclash1.

A stacked card
https://youtu.be/gtnPSfJE4aw

AWA SUPERCLASH ’85
Saturday September 28th 1985
Chicago, Illinois
Comiskey Park
*Ric Flair vs. Magnum T.A. for the NWA heavyweight title
*Rick Martel vs. Stan Hansen for the AWA heavyweight title
*The Road Warriors vs. The Freebirds for the AWA tag titles
*Kerry Von Erich vs. Jimmy Garvin for the WCCW Texas heavyweight title
*Sgt. Slaughter vs. Boris Zhukov for the America’s title
*Ivan Koloff & Nikita Koloff & Krusher Kruschev vs. Baron Von Raschke & The Crusher & Dick the Bruiser for the NWA six-man tag titles
*Kamala vs. Jerry Blackwell in a $10,000 Bodyslam Challenge
*Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens & Larry Zbyszko vs. Greg Gagne & Curt Hennig & Scott Hall
*Harley Race & Bill Irwin & Scott Irwin vs. Jumbo Tsuruta & Giant Baba & Genichiro Tenryu
*Little Tokyo vs. Mr. T for the NWA midget title
*Mil Mascaras vs. Buddy Roberts for the IWA heavyweight title
*Candi Devine vs. Sherri Martel for the AWA women’s title
*Steve Regal vs. Brad Rheingans for the AWA light heavyweight title

imBask

Banned
I don't wish injury on anybody, but it would be interesting to see what would happen if Reigns went down anytime soon

hqdefault.jpg

"hey pal, I need you right now"

2972-John-Cena-Eyes-Twitching.gif

RBH

I just got done watching Jurassic World for the first time.

I enjoyed seeing The Franchise Shane Douglas as the lead villain in the movie.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, Michael Cole was GREAT in his role as GM of NXT. Seriously, very good.

Downhome

I swear to God, Asuka is my absolute favorite all around worker/character in wrestling right now. She just oozes with charisma, and I can't get enough of her. I do think she is beautiful, but it's a hell of a lot more than that. She owns the screen, completely takes control of it, more than anyone else that I can think of off the top of my head. I would say she should be in WWE but I don't want to see that happen because they would ruin what she is, and she is far too special for that to happen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I swear to God, Asuka is my absolute favorite all around worker/character in wrestling right now. She just oozes with charisma, and I can't get enough of her. I do think she is beautiful, but it's a hell of a lot more than that. She owns the screen, completely takes control of it, more than anyone else that I can think of off the top of my head. I would say she should be in WWE but I don't want to see that happen because they would ruin what she is, and she is far too special for that to happen.

She's a future legend. Tell em.
TU2NdeJ.gif

imBask

Banned
Mojo Rawley legit looks like the last person on earth i'd like to be around, he seems like the most annoying fucker in the world

I don't get this.

AJ Styles is big with people who follow wrestling outside of WWE, but is some John Cena-merchandise-wearing Lil' Jimmy gonna know who the fuck AJ Styles is? No! Sure, the Wrestlemania crowd will know about him, but you'd have to build him up pretty quickly in WWE to make him some sort of big deal and we all know WWE is bad at that.

I mean, look at Samoa Joe, he's still floating in NXT. Same with Balor.

I watched TNA when I was a kid mainly because I loved WWE so much. And I loved AJ Styles and even moreso now so there's a possibility people know him. Aside from that, he got over well in NJPW and who's to say how many people over there even watched TNA, a company based in our country.

Like someone else said, adults buy the tickets and not the kids. I feel like the opportunity to see a WWE show, WrestleMania itself, would be a bigger deal to them that this "unknown" main eventing.

And the die-hards will be there in full-force also. It's not a bad idea but surely WWE wouldn't see it this way

UberTag

From Alvarez:

Vince still hasn't freaked out about the ratings because they are making a lot of money from their present TV deal, some money from WWE Network, and lots of money from WWE Shop.

Vince gives no fucks about the future.
The lesson is... fans need to bleed the WWE more than they are already.

Hard to speculate as to what the Mania card will look like... I mean, presumably they'll still go with Cena vs. Taker because nothing that's happened over the past month would have forced a need to alter those plans.

I'm going to guess Triple H vs. Reigns given that they're blatantly trying to recreate the D.Brine angle with Roman as he runs the gauntlet of the Authority's foreign monsters before taking on Hunter directly. Hunter needs an opponent "worthy of stepping in the ring with" and with Taker/Cena in disposed, Rollins hurt, Dwayne shooting a movie, D.Brine retired and the Brock angle already done multiple times over, fighting Reigns makes sense.

Brock is the wild card as he's due back post-TLC for a Rumble build. If I'm looking at precedent... and because the WWE figures they can keep going to the same damn well... I'll put money on Brock feuding with the Wyatt family at Mania. Although his Rumble match might be for the title before Bray screws him to set up the Mania program (which Bray will lose... because Bray ALWAYS loses). If we're lucky we get Owens instead... but I don't think we're lucky.

Taker vs. Cena
Brock vs. Bray
Reigns vs. Triple H
Reigns vs. Sheamus for the title (Roman gets two matches)

Man, that's one ugly looking main event lineup. Perhaps I should also add the following...

Reigns vs. Rusev
Reigns vs. Barrett
Multi-man spotfest for the IC title
Multi-team spotfest for the tag titles
Del Rio vs. Some Mexican Guy
Some Match w/ the NXT Notables (Balor, Zayn, Itami, Crews, Joe)
Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte
Andre the Giant Battle Royal
Divas Revolution Match (6-on-6 with a single pinfall by rollup)
Part-Timers Show Up to Stare at Each Other and Rehash Promos from the 90s
Hall of Fame Guys Come Out & Bow
Steph Talks in the Ring for 30 Minutes

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Baron Corbin just looks like a lackwit which is why you can't buy anything he's selling.

The lesson is... fans need to bleed the WWE more than they are already.

Hard to speculate as to what the Mania card will look like... I mean, presumably they'll still go with Cena vs. Taker because nothing that's happened over the past month would have forced a need to alter those plans.

I'm going to guess Triple H vs. Reigns given that they're blatantly trying to recreate the D.Brine angle with Roman as he runs the gauntlet of the Authority's foreign monsters before taking on Hunter directly. Hunter needs an opponent "worthy of stepping in the ring with" and with Taker/Cena in disposed, Rollins hurt, Dwayne shooting a movie, D.Brine retired and the Brock angle already done multiple times over, fighting Reigns makes sense.

Brock is the wild card as he's due back post-TLC for a Rumble build. If I'm looking at precedent... and because the WWE figures they can keep going to the same damn well... I'll put money on Brock feuding with the Wyatt family at Mania. Although his Rumble match might be for the title before Bray screws him to set up the Mania program (which Bray will lose... because Bray ALWAYS loses). If we're lucky we get Owens instead... but I don't think we're lucky.

Taker vs. Cena
Brock vs. Bray
Reigns vs. Triple H
Reigns vs. Sheamus for the title (Roman gets two matches)

Man, that's one ugly looking main event lineup. Perhaps I should also add the following...

Reigns vs. Rusev
Reigns vs. Barrett
Multi-man spotfest for the IC title
Multi-team spotfest for the tag titles
Del Rio vs. Some Mexican Guy
Some Match w/ the NXT Notables (Balor, Zayn, Itami, Crews, Joe)
Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte
Andre the Giant Battle Royal
Divas Revolution Match (6-on-6 with a single pinfall by rollup)
Part-Timers Show Up to Stare at Each Other and Rehash Promos from the 90s
Hall of Fame Guys Come Out & Bow
Steph Talks in the Ring for 30 Minutes
This sounds so bad that I know it's what we'll have.

if they literally redo the Daniel Bryan WM30 storyline but with Roman that would be hilarious and I would love to watch that trainwreck.

But they wouldnt put him in the rumble and then lose. That wont do.

He needs to be the underdog but he needs to look strong all the time and win and only lose due to shenanigans!

KingBroly

Banned
It's easy to get Reigns cheered and Brock booed at Wrestlemania 32

Brock enters the Rumble at #1
Destroys the proceeding 28 guys, one-by-one, 28 eliminations to his credit at that point
The final countdown
The Buzzer goes off...and out comes...

Daniel Bryan

The guy the Rumble crowd has wanted to win the last 2 years now has his shot to main event Mania again, but he has to go through his dream opponent, Brock Lesnar, to do so.

Brock wins. Booed out of the building and all the way through Mania.

Checkmate, WWE wins.

Top Bottom