• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Also, Rev Pro running Black Friday 20% off all their downloads (so at least grab the New Japan shows...)
CUuZQNbXAAAmWub.jpg

Holy shit NXT was good. The corporate angle was told well from the start of the ep with Michael Cole coming down taking over from Regal, Charles Robinson as a referee "helping out" and Graves on commentary all contributing to it. I was basically glued to the screen in that Eva Marie vs Bayley match. A goddamn match with Eva Marie in it was much more interesting than anything on RAW. They actually made it so that I want to see more Eva Marie now wtf.
I always said Eva was best for business.

Gonzalez

Banned
Holy shit NXT was good. The corporate angle was told well from the start of the ep with Michael Cole coming down taking over from Regal, Charles Robinson as a referee "helping out" and Graves on commentary all contributing to it. I was basically glued to the screen in that Eva Marie vs Bayley match. A goddamn match with Eva Marie in it was much more interesting than anything on RAW. They actually made it so that I want to see more Eva Marie now wtf.
Meeh... That was damn well booked match, but I give it 3, or 4 shows before this act gets old.

Jamie OD

The Women's Title bout was a fun smoke and mirrors match. It was the right amount of fucking with the fans and getting away with it. They read online that we want Eva to be champion someday? We're not but let's have some fun and make them sweat a little before telling them everything's going to be ok. With that said there is no need for a rematch anytime soon.

As for the near future in the Women's division
I'm looking at either Emma or Asuka beating Bayley for the title, pretty much whoever wins that match in London will certainly be the next champion. Asuka opens up a longer line of challengers because her character can easily switch back and forth between face and heel. Emma's character has recovered greatly since coming back to NXT. I wouldn't be upset seeing her beat Asuka and Bayley in back to back big NXT shows no matter if the wins are cheap or clean.

Anth0ny

My unrealistic Mania card that would sell as many tickets as possible:

Brock vs. Bryan
Cena vs. Taker
Triple H vs. Reigns
Owens vs. Zayn
Banks vs. Bayley
Everyone else in IC/US/Andre Battle Royal

I fucking dare you to think up a sixth singles/tag match. I was thinking Dudleys/New Day or Wyatts/New Day 6 man tag, but that doesn't seem big enough to warrant a spot on the card. Possibly Ambrose vs. NXT call up (Joey Samoey? Finn Balor?)

Are there any part timers they could call that I'm forgetting? Will Sting still be dead come Mania time? =/

imBask

Banned

Brock vs. Bryan
Cena vs. Taker
Triple H vs. Reigns
Owens vs. Zayn
Banks vs. Bayley

I fucking dare you to think up a sixth singles/tag match. I was thinking Dudleys/New Day or Wyatts/New Day 6 man tag, but that doesn't seem big enough to warrant a spot on the card. Possibly Ambrose vs. NXT call up (Joey Samoey? Finn Balor?)

Are there any part timers they could call that I'm forgetting? Will Sting still be dead come Mania time? =/

That's a really good card, I would consider paying for that

Carnby

Apollo has really impressed me the past few weeks. He looks very ready for the main roster.

Agreed. When I saw him on BG, I thought he was incredible. I eventually put it together that he is Uha Nation.

Although, I wish he had a better name.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Brock vs. Bryan
Cena vs. Taker
Triple H vs. Reigns
Owens vs. Zayn
Banks vs. Bayley

Dudleys vs. New Day vs. Lucha Dragons... TLC ;)

DDT is a magical place. First, Oishi had almost convinced Honda to turn on Dino, but suddenly a video montage of their friendship played on the big screen and Oishi's plan was foiled;

y9BxcgI.gif

Then, just as Honda was about to defeat Oishi, referee Matsui refused to make the 3 count and another montage revealed it was because he was secretly BFFs with Oishi;

ddDzPKI.gif

Amazing/ridiculous match, I love it Maggle!

Anth0ny

i thought we moved on from the "Bryan is totally coming back" thing

I put nothing past this carny company.

when they realize how low on stars they are for the mania card they'll tell their fake doctor to let him wrestle at mania instead of holding him back so he can't steal roman's thunder

you think he's really suffered a career ending injury?

B27EHIg.jpg

Reading Meltzer tenryu career retrospective makes me want an All Japan World

Never going to happen, unfortunately - current AJPW don't even own the broadcast rights for their archive content, they're held by broadcaster NTV and a whole bunch of partners including Baba's widow and Shiraishi (the money mark who purchased and then nearly sank AJPW a few years back).

The current AJPW incarnation is technically a different promotion, although given legitimacy by being endorsed by Baba's widow and ran by Akiyama - they have a JP-only streaming service for new shows, but have zero archive content for anything further back than 2014.

UberTag

Cena is gonna work 4 matches at mania.
But I already have Roman booked to work 4 matches at Mania. Most of which will consist of him getting beat up and napping in the corner so we'll get behind him when he's made to look strong during the finish.

Graves is the best heel commentator in the game right now, I really hope he never gets a "chance" on RAW
As with all good things, Vince will ruin him as soon as he's sent up to replace Saxton.

I fucking dare you to think up a sixth singles/tag match. I was thinking Dudleys/New Day or Wyatts/New Day 6 man tag, but that doesn't seem big enough to warrant a spot on the card.
Dudleys vs. New Day vs. Lucha Dragons... TLC ;)
How about Dudleys vs. New Day vs. Hardys in a TLC match for the titles with Edge and Christian as co-referees? (Edge would not take bumps; Christian probably would.)

espher

Since we're going unrealistic anyway...

Shield + New Day vs. Wyatts + Brothers of Destruction.

Anth0ny

How about Dudleys vs. New Day vs. Hardys in a TLC match for the titles with Edge and Christian as co-referees? (Edge would not take bumps; Christian probably would.)

oh yeah, what's the situation with the Hardys right now? I'm guessing one Mania payday would eclipse the pay they've been getting for the last 3 years combined.

desperate times, Vince. gotta pull out all the stops. a TLC match with the Dudleys, Hardys and E&C. 15 years later.

Happy Thanksgiving to the 'Murica branch of Wrasslegaf!

3mb_lexluger2.png

So, do you guys exclusively have the turkey dinner today, or do you repeat it on Christmas day? Just something i've wondered.

Jopie

I really want to see KO and Lesnar at Wrestlemania. After a few months of KO sneak attacks and always escaping before Brock can get his hands on him, Brock would get his chance to destroy him. Could even use a cage or cell gimmick so that KO can't just run.

I also want to see Miz as champion, and for Titus to get a big singles push.

I realize that none of this ever has a chance of happening. But it can all live on in the land of Imagination.

Bubba T

Ah, Kevin Nash. Multi time world champion in several promotions, part of one of the biggest stables of all time, the guy to break Bill Goldberg's streak. But will forever be remembered as a momentum killer and a guy who couldn't draw.

Entropia

No One Remembers

So, do you guys exclusively have the turkey dinner today, or do you repeat it on Christmas day? Just something i've wondered.

Canadian here - My family usually does Turkey for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. We had Ham a couple times for Thanksgiving though.

Canadian here - My family usually does Turkey for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. We had Ham a couple times for Thanksgiving though.

In my ignorance I didn't realise Canada does Thanksgiving too, sorry. Now i feel like a tool.

Either way, i'm jealous about the opportunity to have two large traditional Turkey dinners per year. Of course, in the UK we never adopted Thanksgiving in all its wonderful meal glory, yet we managed to take on Black Friday. Thanks for that.

Gonzalez

Banned

3mb_lexluger2.png

Cuban-American family, so we have Turkey today, and have a Lechon(Roasted pork) dinner on Christmas Eve(Or what we call Noche Buena).

Top Bottom