• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Cuban family, so we have Turkey today, and have a Lechon(Roasted pork) dinner on Christmas Eve(Or what we call Noche Buena).

Sounds pretty awesome. Starting to wish I didn't bring this up, the hunger is kicking in.

How long has Thanksgiving been celebrated in Cuba? At this rate i'll discover the Welsh just over the bridge are celebrating it too. Feeling a bit left out over here.

Gonzalez

Banned
Sounds pretty awesome. Starting to wish I didn't bring this up, the hunger is kicking in.

How long has Thanksgiving been celebrated in Cuba? At this rate i'll discover the Welsh just over the bridge are celebrating it too.
Sorry... I meant Cuban-American. Dammit I knew that would confuse people.

I don't think Cuba gets GAF, or pro wrestling for that matter.

klonere

Banned
I had a great interview today, Becky got her entrance back, I watched a fantastic episode of NXT (with a good Eva Marie match!!??!?) and am about to have some home cooked pizza.

tatUa3v.gif

Things are good!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Do Americans work on Thanksgiving, or is it a paid holiday? Does it vary state to state?

It's one of two holidays (the other being Christmas) that almost everything is actually closed.

Aiii

So not worth it
that's hilarious though

you people are so seriouuuus

Yeah, and next week y'all be complaining about how disrespectful this and that chant is because the girls are working so hard in the ring.

Guy is trying to get himself over, fuck him.

Aiii

So not worth it
Izzy's father is one of them, but Izzy is just a kid that has an idol.

A balding fat guy is not the same, dammit!

klonere

Banned
Meltzer retweeting Young Bucks video shilling their merch and a video of cat's doing Randy Orton's pose?

He's hitting the sauce too hard on Thanksgiving.

Eva is entertaining in the same way a massive car crash is entertaining. It's such a disaster that you watch to see how much worse it can get. Though that's much more than I can say for Nia Jax. I don't think "Eva the Corporate champion" gimmick has a lot of legs though.

As for what happens going forward, I expect that Nia kills Bayley at Takeover, then kills her in a rematch much like Owens killed Zayn twice. Bayley moves up and Nia dominates over the division until the next Takeover, probably WM weekend, when Asuka takes her down.

What if they made Eva's gimmick that she wasn't a wrestler but a legit diva. Would that help with her poor wrestling? She doesn't need to wrestle well or win, as she has beauty and fame.

It's kind of odd how similar the NXT and NXT Women's Championship lineage would be if Nia takes the belt and Asuka beats her eventually. Both were won by second generation superstars (Charlotte/Bo), then got taken by a more impressive smaller talent (Neville/Banks), eventually that dominant champ was taken down by the ultimate underdog (Zayn/Bayley), and that underdog was promptly killed by a monster heel (Owens/Jax), and finally the hot prospect from Japan takes down the monster heel (Balor/Asuka).

It's almost as if good wrestling storytelling is pretty simple.

Menome

Eva's all red everything gimmick will outperform Bayley's gimmick on the main roster

i'm sorry h8ers

Sadly, you're right. Bayley's happy-go-lucky personality won't survive a single night of RAW, especially if what was said earlier was correct and Vince/Creative are deliberately moving from Cena->Reigns to do the child->moody teenager transition.

GunBR

I keep watching this shit show knowing that the current storyline will end up with a Reigns reign at WM...and now i'm paying 45 bucks to play a game based on this
What's wrong with me GAF?

Top Bottom