• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

klonere

Banned
The Eva match last night was some top notch pro wrasslin fuckery and proof that you can make anybody look good or threatening given the right tools. Bayley did all the work in the match but props to Eva for taking some hard bumps (big clothesline and the super Bayley to Belly).

The other reason the match was so entertaining is because we so rarely have that level of fuckery in NXT. A ref bump, evil authority figure, crooked ref, outside interference all in one match is something I haven't seen in NXT since I started watching.

Sadly, you're right. Bayley's happy-go-lucky personality won't survive a single night of RAW, especially if what was said earlier was correct and Vince/Creative are deliberately moving from Cena->Reigns to do the child->moody teenager transition.

And Bayley's current incarnation is a super super money maker especially compared to Eva. Sad state of affairs.

tumblr_nn0y97VqoZ1tjeupqo2_250.gif

I still think its going to Bayley vs Asuka at Wrestlemania weekend for the title. Thats a money match more that Nia Jax vs Asuka.

Unless Asuka turns, that match makes no sense. And then if she does turn and she beats Bayley, who the hell is left on the face side to challenge her? NXT's women's division has too many heels as it is.

imBask

Banned
The Eva match last night was some top notch pro wrasslin fuckery and proof that you can make anybody look good or threatening given the right tools. Bayley did all the work in the match but props to Eva for taking some hard bumps (big clothesline and the super Bayley to Belly).

The other reason the match was so entertaining is because we so rarely have that level of fuckery in NXT. A ref bump, evil authority figure, crooked ref, outside interference all in one match is something I haven't seen in NXT since I started watching.

And Bayley's current incarnation is a super super money maker especially compared to Eva. Sad state of affairs.

I want to add something to that : Eva had a legit chance at winning the title, not a 50/50 chance, but when I watch NXT I know that most things are POSSIBLE and that's enough to keep me interested.

We all knew Reigns was winning that tournament on Sunday, there was no surprise, no stake, no interest. The ONLY interest we had was "Sheamus might cash in" which is garbage considering he's an outside element

Barrage

Settling in to watch NXT now, but from what I hear Big Game Eva delivered when given an opportunity once again.

Loved the previous poster's idea of Eva debuting her own NXT Divas title. There's just so much you can do with her.

klonere

Banned
Sadly, you're right. Bayley's happy-go-lucky personality won't survive a single night of RAW, especially if what was said earlier was correct and Vince/Creative are deliberately moving from Cena->Reigns to do the child->moody teenager transition.

Yeah even the Full Sail crowd was buying into all the roll ups and the Sliced Bread. Really added to the match.

not gonna die until the ratings go back up

which won't happen until a rival promotion puts a show live on monday nights at 9PM that is better than raw

or vince croaks

Neither of those is going to happen, too much capital investment required for A) and I think all the drugs, steroids and lack of sleep has rendered Vince effectively immortal.

Fun note, the CMLL bodybuilding competition was sponsored by a company that straight up sells anabolic steroids. Good shit CMLL.

Rutti

NXT was great. Eva Marie vs Bailey really exceeded (low) expectations and they were able to make contract signing enjoyable. I got legit heated at Joe.

Anth0ny

Neither of those is going to happen, too much capital investment required for A) and I think all the drugs, steroids and lack of sleep has rendered Vince effectively immortal.

this is true

next best thing we can hope for is nxt becoming its own, separate brand rather than strictly developmental. and vince and dunn keeping their dirty hands off it. I know that's the ultimate goal for triple h.

So I'm watching a bunch of pre Cena era PayPerviews and Kane is fucking impressive. He was a legit monster with the things he did. Also that hard core triple threat match he had with Big Show and Raven he looked like he had the body build that would have given Vince an erection.

After watching some of his old work I'm surprised Vince didn't give him a legit 3 or 4 month title run.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I am glad I picked up Guitar Hero Live. Amazing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I bought a replacement Xbone controller, Twin Peaks on blu-ray, and the original Batman Live Action series on blu ray so far

I think I've already spent too much on stuff I'll never watch

So I'm watching a bunch of pre Cena era PayPerviews and Kane is fucking impressive. He was a legit monster with the things he did. Also that hard core triple threat match he had with Big Show and Raven he looked like he had the body build that would have given Vince an erection.

After watching some of his old work I'm surprised Vince didn't give him a legit 3 or 4 month title run.
I almost wonder was it more of a call of his saying he didn't want the title(similar to Jake even though he had a nice run in 10').

He was always the guy I said deserved more when I was younger. Especially in that 2002(or was it 2003?) feud with Hunter.

Those PCW/ROH supershows are crazy...it's almost TOO much, haha.

NJPW World uploaded the HARASHIMA & Ken Ohka vs Hiroshi Tanahashi & Yohei Komatsu match from DDT's 11/17 show;

http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00358_1_05

Check it out, super fun match. A ton of heat on Tanahashi, who of course plays up to it by being a jerk to poor Ohka, plus encouraging young Komatsu to turn to the dark side of the force.

There's no almost about it boots, I've done a couple of the days with an afternoon and an evening show and even then you burn out; that card above is ridiculous.

Telling that there are still tickets available for all shows a few days before he event when progress sells out in an hour.

Fuck them!

I almost wonder was it more of a call of his saying he didn't want the title(similar to Jake even though he had a nice run in 10').

He was always the guy I said deserved more when I was younger. Especially in that 2002(or was it 2003?) feud with Hunter.

Reading comprehension. My memory is fuzzy after Vince bought WCW because I started to lose interest and and stopped completely just before or just after Cena beat JBL for the strap.

Anyway, yeah looking back Kane did deserve better than what he got. He did hold the World strap for a good bit and I feel that came after some of his best work.

I just had a Thanksgiving epiphany: Cesaro is worse than Nash.

Nash had better music, looks, height, mic skills, hair, women, negotiating ability, tag partners, and bank account. Match-wise, Cesaro is slightly ahead but only because he's a try hard.

It's no contest. Big Daddy Cool all year round, baby

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Nash had better music, looks, height, mic skills, hair, women, negotiating ability, tag partners, and bank account. Match-wise, Cesaro is slightly ahead but only because he's a try hard.

Friend, I don't know how you had this epiphany JUST NOW

Cesaro has also never had a match as good as Diesel vs Bret
nashwat-o.gif

I never knew he said that. My memory is fuzzy after Vince bought WCW because I started to lose interest and and stopped completely just before or just after Cena beat JBL for the strap.

Anyway, yeah looking back Kane did deserve better than what he got. He did hold the World strap for a good bit and I feel that came after some of his best work.
Noooo Kane didn't say it, I just wonder did he lol. Jake did though, he said he didn't need the title and it was a hard job to be that guy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In admitting that, you have to admit one of two things.

Kevin Nash can play a big guy in a match and make it interesting because he knew how to play that role. Or. Bret Hart is better than all your faves combined.

In admitting that, you have to admit one of two things.

Kevin Nash can play a big guy in a match and make it interesting because he knew how to play that role. Or. Bret Hart is better than all your faves combined.

I've got no problem with admitting the first statement, my dislike of Nash isn't that blind, but for me he rarely lived up to what his size and work as a character promised.

Jumbo > Bret :p

Fox318

Nope.

Not falling for it, friend.

Top Bottom