• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

KingBroly

Banned
I just realized that Takeover is on the same day as the Star Wars premiere. Guess I won't be able to watch it live.

That's some terrible timing on their part.

WM32 card by me:
- John Cena v. The Undertaker - Last Ride Casket Match
- BROCK LESNAR v. BLEED AT - WWE Championship
- Sasha Banks v. Charlotte - Divas lolfest
- The New Day trolling the Cowboys, Rangers and Stars for 10 minutes
- Kevin Owens v. Sami Zayn - IC Title
- Alberto Del Rio v. Dean Ambrose - US Title
- Bray Wyatt v. HHH
- Goldust v. Stardust - One Dust enters, no Dust leaves
- Daniel Bryan v. Sheamus - Fuck You Fans for Fucking Us Over Match (Pre-Show)

LGiz2GN.gif

FWIW, Enuhito has said that there are some other Japanese guys at the dojo, they just don't have the name recognition that Oka does. I really hope New Japan brings Komatsu and Tanaka back after one year. They need the new blood and those guys need less time overseas than someone like Watanabe / Evil.

Yeah, they've got that Bushiroad club for amateur wrestlers to draw from, plus other dojos like Animal Hamaguchi's (where Watanabe came from initially). Also, the young lion system protects the wrestlers in a way - both Komatsu & Tanaka are probably a good step-above the last class, but Watanabe and Hiromu did show some similar promise before they left on their excursion only to look very green outside of the young lion setting.

Menome

The Force Awakens can wait for me. I'm excited about it, but not so excited that I'm going to try and watch it in a cinema full of kids. I'll catch it a couple of weeks later on a matinee showing.

JavyOO7

Big Daddy Walter & Rampage Brown break the ring;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO7r_sEuOBc

Traditionally the 3 main destinations for young lions on their learning excursions have been Europe, Mexico and the USA - Watanabe (who just returned as EVIL) took his to the US and Takahashi (Kamaitachi) started his in Europe before heading to Mexico for CMLL. Komatsu got to show a lot in the DDT match, while Tanaka also got a big opportunity by being entered in NOAH's jr. league this year - when a young lion starts getting more chances to shine it's usually an indicator that they're getting set to go on excursion. In truth, both Komatsu & Tanaka have been ready for some time, but there was no one to replace them at the dojo and take up their duties. Now there's David, Jay & Juice in the dojo and amateur wrestler Tomoyuki Oka about to join as well, so 2016 should see both Tanaka & Komatsu finally leaving on excursion. They usually last 2-3 years - EVIL's lasted 25 months, while Kamaitachi's been away for 30 months so far.

Wow, CJ Parker is going to be at the dojo? It's not like he is a complete newbie in the ring. But hopefully both parties get a lot out of that arrangement..

No doubt, I was just reading it last week.

Backlund is a really interesting individual.

You should check out his autobiography if you haven't already.

Fantastic read, he goes pretty in depth with his run in the old wwwf. The Vince Snr stuff is particularly interesting. Vince Jnr these days runs the top of the card exactly how Snr used to, but without the territory system to ensure things don't get stale

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mojo's a Bonus Cunt. He should be a camp counselor. Fuck that dude.

Top Bottom