• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Shine 30 had a very good Madison Eagles vs. Su Yung match. Allysin Kay and Saraya Knight also had a Falls Count Anywhere Anything Goes match, which is a different look for women's wrestling.

Shine 29 had an Athena match on it, in case you've never seen her in action.

Sounds good, cheers! Athena needs to be on NXT post London.

The PWG 5 for $40 sale is still on.

Evolve has extended its sale on shows until midnight Eastern tonight.

The complete list of the 8 participants in 2016's Evolve tag team tournament:

Drew Gulak & TJ Perkins
Team Tremendous (Dan Barry & Bill Carr)
Timothy Thatcher & Zack Sabre Jr.
Chris Hero & Tommy End
Roppongi Vice (Trent Baretta & Rocky Romero)
The Premier Athlete Brand (Caleb Konley & Anthony Nese)
Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway
Harlem & Lancelot Bravado

klonere

Banned
I'm looking to give The Lapsed Fan a try with one of these episodes. Any of them particularly worthwhile?

62 - Halloween Havoc 1997
61 - One Night Stand 2006
48 - Canadian Stampede
47 - Royal Rumble 1992
43 - WrestleMania 31
42 and 41 - WrestleMania 30

Rumble 92 is them at their most self-indulgent, rambling, anecdote driven worst imo. The ONS episode is pretty interesting on the other hand and a more gentle introduction to the whole thing.

I could be totally off though.

The PWG 5 for $40 sale is still on.

Evolve has extended its sale on shows until midnight Eastern tonight.

The complete list of the 8 participants in 2016's Evolve tag team tournament:

Drew Gulak & TJ Perkins
Team Tremendous (Dan Barry & Bill Carr)
Timothy Thatcher & Zack Sabre Jr.
Chris Hero & Tommy End
Roppongi Vice (Trent Baretta & Rocky Romero)
The Premier Athlete Brand (Caleb Konley & Anthony Nese)
Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway
Harlem & Lancelot Bravado

Eww, The bravados are back.

Hope is just for the tournament.

Anth0ny

I'm looking to give The Lapsed Fan a try with one of these episodes. Any of them particularly worthwhile?

62 - Halloween Havoc 1997
61 - One Night Stand 2006
48 - Canadian Stampede
47 - Royal Rumble 1992
43 - WrestleMania 31
42 and 41 - WrestleMania 30

just listen to a review of a show you love and see what you think. I think you'll know after one listen whether you like the format.

my first lapsed fan was the mega 7 hour spectacular for the mains x7. I listened to it while I finished the single player for Destiny. I was hooked since then.

on lapsed fan, not destiny. that game is the shits.

I can't wait to see what the next iteration of the Xbox One looks like. I think having enw leadership is going to bring us some nice changes and maybe even a couple of surprises.

edit: the xbox one wasn't always without some serious issues. There used to be a lot going on in the UI that a lot of the static images left burnt images on my plasma with moderate use.

If you guys remember, there used to be that Xbox circle icon on the old UI? That is permanently burned into my television.

The other problem I have is that the last app window i had open shows in the background of what it is I'm doing next. So, for example, if I close Netflix and start a game, i can see the Netflix icon behind the curtain of the game that's currently running.

What are you talking about, what leadership change?

just listen to a review of a show you love and see what you think. I think you'll know after one listen whether you like the format.

my first lapsed fan was the mega 7 hour spectacular for the mains x7. I listened to it while I finished the single player for Destiny. I was hooked since then.

on lapsed fan, not destiny. that game is the shits.

That's why I picked those particular episodes; Halloween Havoc '97 is awesome, and I love Canadian Stampede. However, I remember One Night Stand 2006 the best, so I might check that one out first.

Phil Spencer was appointed head of Xbox division March of 2014. The original team in charge of the Xbox One design and philosophy have almost been entirely wiped since then.

Ric Flair set the bar that evening regarding story selling. He did it the second he stepped out and in that final interview. Bobby Heenan and Perfect.

"with a tear in my eye..."

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18saw9_1992-royal-rumble-ric-flair-victory-speech_sport

God tier

Oh ok, I was worried something happened with Phil. If he is still leading when we movie on from this generation, I think the next Xbox will something to behold. He gets it, he really does.

jmdajr

Bravia! LOL!

tumblr_njwdhnQsuO1srbyoyo1_500.gif

Its almost certain that Kamataichi will be back in Japan next year starting with FantasticaMania, though he may come back as Hiromu. Then one of the young lions will replace him in CMLL.

He could be reintroduced at Wrestle Kingdom, as they did with El Desperado - who wrestled the next day on the New Year's Dash show at Korakuen Hall. But, yeah, it's a safe bet that he'll be coming over with the CMLL crew for FantasticaMania. Also, NJPW chairman Kidani hinted that they'd be having another CMLL wrestler over for a long-term excursion in 2016, similar to Mascara Dorada's stay in Japan this year - keeping my fingers crossed that it's Dragon Lee, they've got great chemistry together and it'd be the perfect way to introduce Kamaitachi. Even if it isn't Dragon Lee, I'd certainly expect him vs Kamaitachi to be on the FantasticaMania shows.

Kaladin

In my slow and plodding 1996 WWE and WCW re-watch, I just got through the Nitros leading up to and Bash At The Beach.

Best match on the card was easily Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Psycosis, even though it wasn't the greatest of the cruiserweight matches during that era.

This show was always a one match card. Everything else was kinda just there. The way they built the main event throughout the show made it. You don't see many main events built like that in wrestling today, and it worked to build hype. My fiance who had not seen any of WCW, and only knew that Hulk turned heel at some point, was predicting something with either Luger or Bischoff that night. She knew immediately what was going down though when Hogan came out.

Now I'm moving on to Summerslam 96'.

Hey, I have a Bravia!

The link does let you move around the menus, and seems to work on Netflix, Amazon and YouTube that I remember.

The link does have a habit of either turning the PS4 back on after you turn it off, or even turning the whole TV back on after you turn it off.

miserable

hey guys TLC 2011 is on the Network right now, featuring such classics as Swagger vs Shaemus, Kelly Kelly vs Beth Phoenix and of course, the 5 star Sledghammer Ladder Match between Kevin "OMG thought he was dead LOL" Nash and Triple "Kevin Nash broke my heart" H

also Santa Teddy Long, who wanted to play reindeer games with the Bella twins

Aiii

So not worth it
hey guys TLC 2011 is on the Network right now, featuring such classics as Swagger vs Shaemus, Kelly Kelly vs Beth Phoenix and of course, the 5 star Sledghammer Ladder Match between Kevin "OMG thought he was dead LOL" Nash and Triple "Kevin Nash broke my heart" H

also Santa Teddy Long, who wanted to play reindeer games with the Bella twins

8ee374e169d8d9d6383d5a90e67b1179.jpg

bjork

Smog was done in 24 minutes. Now I get to pay for my registration, right at christmas. Ho ho ho.

I actually connected the xbox 360 into the hdmi in on the xbox one. For what? Media center!

Anyhow it's all pretty neat. Game wise it will just be for exclusives but I think this will be my media hub from now on.

I just got an Xbox One a few weeks back, but I've left my 360 plugged in so I can still play stuff not on BC yet/ever. What is this media center business?

re: Rumble '92.

I see a lot of you (rightfully) love it a lot but I don't think I have ever read why. I'd like to read your thoughts on it on why it worked and why it holds up today.

Late 91 was pretty interesting and that rolled into RR 92. Tunney vacating the title and making the rumble worth so much more, Macho trying to get his hands on Jake, HBK fresh into his singles run, Piper potentially winning the IC and the World belt on the same night, about 10 guys you could actually believe as winners for the rumble, and the whole time Heenan was knocking it out of the park. The undercard is kind of forgettable, but the rumble match itself is probably the best that event's ever had.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Solomon Crowe's first indie vignette for RoH is somethin else
giphy.gif

BFIB

Michael Cole is so awful at commentary. Every match "That's vintage (insert sports entertainer name) right there!"

Striker

Late 91 was pretty interesting and that rolled into RR 92. Tunney vacating the title and making the rumble worth so much more, Macho trying to get his hands on Jake, HBK fresh into his singles run, Piper potentially winning the IC and the World belt on the same night, about 10 guys you could actually believe as winners for the rumble, and the whole time Heenan was knocking it out of the park. The undercard is kind of forgettable, but the rumble match itself is probably the best that event's ever had.
Bret missed the Rumble but he had that on-going feud with The Mountie which I enjoyed. Piper getting the IC title led to their great bout at Mania. All around it had engaging stuff, promos, guys knowing how to work in the ring, commentary that didn't mock the audience.

jmdajr

Smog was done in 24 minutes. Now I get to pay for my registration, right at christmas. Ho ho ho.

I just got an Xbox One a few weeks back, but I've left my 360 plugged in so I can still play stuff not on BC yet/ever. What is this media center business?

Media Center is how I watch over the air TV. I have an antenna hooked up to my pc, and my xbox 360 sees my pc, and the xbox one sees my 360.

Simple!

Dion314

Neo Member
Michael Cole is so awful at commentary. Every match "That's vintage (insert sports entertainer name) right there!"

All 3 of them are but I blame Vince being in their ears. Commentary is there to call matches and get people over...not just hawk shit for 3 hours. The fact that there's no dedicated heel on commentary has been a long standing complaint of mine for years now.

Striker

All 3 of them are but I blame Vince being in their ears. Commentary is there to call matches and get people over...not just hawk shit for 3 hours. The fact that there's no dedicated heel on commentary has been a long standing complaint of mine for years now.
If there's a heel on commentary and steps on that invisible line, there's that somebody who makes a thread in the Off Topic forum trying to get a petition to get him removed for being offensive.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I'd argue that now more than ever commentary needs to hawk shit. Times change, and you gotta sell the product. And selling it based on what's going on in the ring isn't as effective. It's a necessary evil, I feel.

Speaking of RR92

Ric Flair is scheduled to appear on tonight's WWE Raw show in Pittsburgh, PA.

Flair is in Pittsburgh now, but he is at a lot of WWE shows backstage because of daughter and current Divas Champion Charlotte being in the promotion. However, he was scripted into the show as of earlier today. Most likely, his role will be something to do with Charlotte's angle with Paige, but as we know, WWE can change on a dime when it comes to scripts.

With a weak NFL Monday night game as competition (Baltimore Ravens vs. Cleveland Browns), as far as the competition goes, Raw should rebound over last week's 18-year-record low in the ratings. A number approximating last week's would indicate the problem is deeper than NFL competition.

No matches have been announced at this time for the show, which, given the three weeks between shows, should include announcements of most of the top matches for the 12/13 TLC pay-per-view show.

Top Bottom