• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I'd argue that now more than ever commentary needs to hawk shit. Times change, and you gotta sell the product. And selling it based on what's going on in the ring isn't as effective. It's a necessary evil, I feel.

But now nobody gets any heat son!

giphy.gif

B3pTpXHIAAAnKps.jpg

Kaladin

There is a way to hawk shit right. You've got to tell your story with it.

You can keep on speculating about X match while J match is in the ring and not call a single move, but if the story and banter is entertaining enough people won't care as much.

We just don't have entertaining banter in WWE today.

bjork

I haven't actually watched an entire Raw in forever, but how bad is the selling? Back in the 1-hour days they'd just have a quick spot for a new shirt, or the PPV report, but I don't remember them referencing merch during matches. Just PPVs.

I think I would have Reigns beat Sheamus at TLC, but it should be D-Bry coming in with a chair shot to Sheamus' head to give Reigns the chance to win.

Revenge.

I'm going to have to write an email to Stephanie McMahon apologising for cancelling the WWE Network Sub. I'm sure she'll understand that having a child is expensive, and sometimes you just need to reduce your outgoings.

Dion314

Neo Member
All things that would still sell well (and arguably better) if the announcers instead helped make in the in-ring product look better

Right. This is what I'm getting at. Especially these days when most guys don't get backstage segments, vignettes or mic time, the commentary is all a fan has left to learn about the guys in the ring....and how can they invest in that guy if the commentary is talking about everything BUT the match that's going on in the ring? Why should I care if the people calling the match seem like they don't? The Roster is a product that needs to be hawked just like the other stuff they sell.

Book RAW tonight, Who is in the opening segment, and gets interrupted by HHH? Or does HHH open the show?

Is Roman laying in the middle of the ring to end the night?

imBask

Banned

bjork

I would like to see a blindfold match in 2016. Have Becky accidentally hit someone in the eye and they're blind, then she has to put black paint over her goggles.

No Secret Santa/Yankee Swap/White Elephant here, but boy, that WWE Cyber Monday sale has all kinds of candidates for such shenanigans.

We have a $10 limit on the one we do, so when I was at Target and I saw Ninja Breadmen, I found my pick.

They also had DM's Four Horseman set. I started to buy it on principle, just to show him how a man steps up and does shit, but who wants a Barry Windham figure?

Kaladin

Thought I would get out of the whole weekend only buying one thing.

I was wrong...couldn't resist Amazon's 30% off any one book and picked up an Eye Of The World hard cover for the book collection. I've read it many times, but I'm only now starting to collect the series in hard back.

Top Bottom