• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
IT'S A BLINDFOLD GODDAMMIT

IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE A SEE THROUGH HOLE

jimross.gif

wasn't jake kayfabe blind because Martel shot him in the eye with something

So honma was accused of domestic violence.

Check out @Antonio_DAMAN's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Antonio_DAMAN/status/671364760126906370?s=09

The fact that's she's waited this long to come out about it means he might be okay, but this is very worrisome. In Japan (no, I'm not an expert on their culture, but I do know this) they are a lot more strict about social conduct. For instance, Taichi cheated on his wife a few years back. While he wasn't arrested, NJPW did suspend him for a month without pay.

With Honma the beloved figure that he is and GBH being the odds-on pick to win the tag league, it'll be interesting to see how New Japan responds.

You should check out his autobiography if you haven't already.

Fantastic read, he goes pretty in depth with his run in the old wwwf. The Vince Snr stuff is particularly interesting. Vince Jnr these days runs the top of the card exactly how Snr used to, but without the territory system to ensure things don't get stale
You read my mind, I was just going to mention possibly picking up his autobiography.

imBask

Banned
I didn't grow up watching Jake the Snake, so to me he's just that scumbag who smokes crack in Beyond The Mat, fuck this guy

Michael Cole is so awful at commentary. Every match "That's vintage (insert sports entertainer name) right there!"
Not his fault, listen to the guy who's screaming in his ear commentate and you'll see exactly who's running the show.

JR users to be in Cole's ear and he did great that's because JR wasn't telling him what to do the entire time. Commentary is a variety show now but look at the MSG special and you'll see a different Cole.

Smog was done in 24 minutes. Now I get to pay for my registration, right at christmas. Ho ho ho.

I just got an Xbox One a few weeks back, but I've left my 360 plugged in so I can still play stuff not on BC yet/ever. What is this media center business?

Late 91 was pretty interesting and that rolled into RR 92. Tunney vacating the title and making the rumble worth so much more, Macho trying to get his hands on Jake, HBK fresh into his singles run, Piper potentially winning the IC and the World belt on the same night, about 10 guys you could actually believe as winners for the rumble, and the whole time Heenan was knocking it out of the park. The undercard is kind of forgettable, but the rumble match itself is probably the best that event's ever had.
I can't wait for them to give me more early content so I can go back and watch everything episode by episode. I hated having to just watch the ppvs back in the day with no leading story.
I haven't actually watched an entire Raw in forever, but how bad is the selling? Back in the 1-hour days they'd just have a quick spot for a new shirt, or the PPV report, but I don't remember them referencing merch during matches. Just PPVs.
Todd is the only one who actually sells you on merchandise and it's usually the ppv branded jacket and hats. He tells you over and over that you need to purchase the ppv now. Don't even get me started on the ppv replays lol. But it's better than 9.99 every 15 minutes.

Of course you have your hotline plug which is run maybe twice per show.

Kaladin

The biggest memory I have of Jake The Snake is Lawler berating him for being a drunk when they brought him back as a born again Christian.

I can see why people would change the channel to Nitro.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still can't figure out how the Bushwackers are in the WWE Hall of Fame but Demolition aren't. :(

I mean, at the rate WWE inducts people you'd think pretty much anyone you even vaguely remember would be in their dumb hall of fame.

Sephzilla

I still can't figure out how the Bushwackers are in the WWE Hall of Fame but Demolition aren't. :(

I mean, at the rate WWE inducts people you'd think pretty much anyone you even vaguely remember would be in their dumb hall of fame.

Because the Bushwackers were more entertaining than the generic store brand Road Warriors

#ShootMondays

bjork

I can't wait for them to give me more early content so I can go back and watch everything episode by episode. I hated having to just watch the ppvs back in the day with no leading story.

Are the network PPVs edited to not include story recaps? It's been years since I saw them, but I feel like the original Coliseum releases totally had all the key back story you'd need for a PPV matchup.

Maybe they're next, the Bushwhackers just got in there.

bjork

I have no beef with the Bushwackers. They deserved it. From hardcore juicers to comedy act. They made that gimmick work.

I dunno, man. They should be removed solely for all the stuff with Jamison.

I don't think that will change his opinion of the man. Since he comes off like "a scum bag, who might be smoking crack" during that fued.

You give me a dude who can be a perfect character like the on today's roster, and I don't care if he smokes ground-up dead infants, I'll be a fan.

Are the network PPVs edited to not include story recaps? It's been years since I saw them, but I feel like the original Coliseum releases totally had all the key back story you'd need for a PPV matchup.

Maybe they're next, the Bushwhackers just got in there.
Yeah they include them but I actually like to see the whole story. I can't remember what the vhs used to include. Like I didn't remember shit about chuck Norris being at ss 94 until just now. But it's been a while so maybe I just forgot.

bjork

Yeah they include them but I actually like to see the whole story. I can't remember what the vhs used to include. Like I didn't remember shit about chuck Norris being at ss 94 until just now. But it's been a while so maybe I just forgot.

Again, not sure if they're on the network since I don't have it, but the Raws of the day used to have PPV report things where Pettengill would hype all the shit and recap what's what. Good to catch up quickly, good for a snack run if you were already current.

Plus, it let them just do a thing once and then keep the guys apart until a PPV. Pretty smart.

Also fuck Chuck Norris for kicking Double J.

Not today's roster, but CM Punk could have done it.

Yep. He's probably the closest example I could come up with in the last... maybe since Jake, actually.

WWE.com isn't exactly hyping tonight's show.

that collection of instagram photos is making me hyped for whoever mandysacs is. Also I wish Stephanie knew how to smile.

Angry Grimace

Jake was a pitiful dude when he was in his drug days, but dude's come out on the other end a better guy which makes it a lot easier to appreciate what he did in the ring.

Recall

People blame Vince, Dunn and the uninspiring roster but let's not forget to blame the head of creative either, she hasn't done anything of note. Isn't that right, Stephanie?

Angry Grimace

I think the biggest void in the Hall of Fame is Ravishing Rick Rude.

I mean, Sting is about 10 billion times bigger, but I don't think he counts since he's like 100% going in this year now that they gave him a short WWE run. There's also the elephant in the room, which is Vince McMahon but that ain't happening since dude doesn't seem likely to appoint himself to the Hall of Fame given the Hall of Fame is just "people Vince declares by fiat to be legends."

Ithil

People blame Vince, Dunn and the uninspiring roster but let's not forget to blame the head of creative either, she hasn't done anything of note. Isn't that right, Stephanie?

Stephanie hasn't had anything to do with Creative in like three years.

klonere

Banned

I'm pretty sure she hasn't been head of creative for a long while and is instead Chief Brand Officer so you can blame her for the company being inexorably and tenaciously behind Roman. He is taking over that number 1 spot on all their positive outward facing branding exercises. Can't turn a dude who has such a key role in the marketing plan (and marketing dollars) heel because it'd probably render a lot of that money quite useless.

So its Cena again.

Again, not sure if they're on the network since I don't have it, but the Raws of the day used to have PPV report things where Pettengill would hype all the shit and recap what's what. Good to catch up quickly, good for a snack run if you were already current.

Plus, it let them just do a thing once and then keep the guys apart until a PPV. Pretty smart.

Also fuck Chuck Norris for kicking Double J.

Yep. He's probably the closest example I could come up with in the last... maybe since Jake, actually.

that collection of instagram photos is making me hyped for whoever mandysacs is. Also I wish Stephanie knew how to smile.
Yep Todd still does the reports on Raw. But that's not the problem, it's everything before the Raw era that sucks.

Also Demolition hasn't been inducted in the hof because It's most likely due to the bad blood between Demolition Ax and Vince McMahon.Each claim to own the rights to the Demolition gimmick and Ax was also promised a backstage job,but was never given one.

Angry Grimace

Yep Todd still does the reports on Raw. But that's not the problem, it's everything before the Raw era that sucks.

Also Demolition hasn't been inducted in the hof because It's most likely due to the bad blood between Demolition Ax and Vince McMahon.Each claim to own the rights to the Demolition gimmick and Ax was also promised a backstage job,but was never given one.

I think Vince has had a real life feud and then subsequently buried the hatchet with every single wrestler to ever work for WWE.

klonere

Banned
I think the biggest void in the Hall of Fame is Ravishing Rick Rude.

I can totally see 2015 WWE inducting a guy who almost surely died from steroid and medication use, who constantly looked like he was outrageously juiced and probably doesn't have anyone important alive willing to make a speech in his honor.

Top Bottom