• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Solomon Crowe's first indie vignette for RoH is somethin else
giphy.gif
lmao
So honma was accused of domestic violence.

Check out @Antonio_DAMAN's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Antonio_DAMAN/status/671364760126906370?s=09
man, that's terrible if true

is it wrong that I imagined this with falling headbutts

yes, but unfortunately you're not alone in imagining that :(

bjork

Alright. I got my industrial cleaning shit, and I got a bathroom where ants need to be eradicated. Get ready to slowly chemical burn to death, you little bastards.

Can't wait to poop in a fully sterilized bathroom.

jmdajr

Austin interviewed WWE's Director. The dudes heart attack story is fucking frighting.

But really most surprising is the guy has been there like 30 fucking years.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can totally see 2015 WWE inducting a guy who almost surely died from steroid and medication use, who constantly looked like he was outrageously juiced and probably doesn't have anyone important alive willing to make a speech in his honor.

He was really good friends with Bret Hart.

bjork

I can totally see 2015 WWE inducting a guy who almost surely died from steroid and medication use, who constantly looked like he was outrageously juiced and probably doesn't have anyone important alive willing to make a speech in his honor.

They put Warrior in, and Macho's in. No one missing can be as big of a surprise.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Does Paige have some kind of dirt on someone really high up in the company? Because it's really random that every single Women's storyline dating from the day she showed up has revolved around Paige. They even called up all of their promising prospects started running more than one women's match a nigh and we're still revolving around Paige.

Bret Hart would, and Steve Austin, and Paul Heyman, and a few others as well. Heyman would be the most relevanr, however.

And uhm, the amount of roid freaks in the HOF is just insane.

Angry Grimace

Dudes, let's be real: everyone on the roster is on steroids right now. I wouldn't be surprised if even Kevin Owens was on steroids.

Kaladin

Fact : Paige is the only second generation superstar where WWE fans (not wrestling fans, WWE fans) have to wikipedia her parents after hearing about it, and then search the internet for one of her mom's matches. Yet, I still think that is a big reason she is so over in the company.

#Shoot Monday

bjork

Just as someone who wasn't around for that time, Warrior and Macho were big big names and there was definitely money and interest in putting them in the HoF. Rude, I dunno.

Considering Koko B Ware is in there who did fuck all ever aside from have a bird and sing, while Rude actually was in world title matches and key storylines of the day, yes.

Dudes, let's be real: everyone on the roster is on steroids right now. I wouldn't be surprised if even Kevin Owens was on steroids.

The one man band is all natural, bay-bay

jmdajr

Does Paige have some kind of dirt on someone really high up in the company? Because it's really random that every single Women's storyline dating from the day she showed up has revolved around Paige. They even called up all of their promising prospects started running more than one women's match a nigh and we're still revolving around Paige.

Maybe it's based of off internet hits.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rick Rude is as important if not more important than Mr Perfect was, and he's in the HoF.

and lol at not wanting to induct someone because they died of roids and drugs. that's like half the HoF

Angry Grimace

Maybe it's based of off internet hits.

That's kind of self-fulfilling when you only run storylines revolving around Paige.

I think most of us liked Paige when she came up, but good god is she overexposed at this point. I think we legit had Paige v. AJ for an entire year and the only reason it stopped is because AJ quit the company.

jmdajr

Rusev
✔
@RusevBUL

Kobe is retiring..... Well good. He is old and can't play anymore. Jordan was better anyways

stupid Lana

bjork

Rick Rude is as important if not more important than Mr Perfect was, and he's in the HoF.

and lol at not wanting to induct someone because they died of roids and drugs. that's like half the HoF

whoa whoa there friend

Alright I'm wrong.

I do wonder why they haven't gotten him in yet then?

Two easy internet armchair theories:

1. They only put so many deceased folks in each year

2. Vince is mad about him being on Raw and Nitro on the same night

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Perfect left a legacy behind backstage. He was well known for being an open book and sharing everything he knew to help younger talent.

Have you never heard Austin, Heyman, Scott Steiner, or Hart talk about Rude? It was the exact same thing.

The only difference is Rude thought HBK was a cunt and Flair was shit.

bjork

The setup is there for Paige to win the title and then have a diva's gauntlet match at WM where she squashes the entire roster until she goes into a double pin with sasha.

Angry Grimace

Perfect left a legacy behind backstage. He was well known for being an open book and sharing everything he knew to help younger talent.

Perfect also has a bunch of matches I remember and I don't remember all that much about Rick Rude other than that one time he hit on Cheryl Roberts.

Fox318

I think Vince has had a real life feud and then subsequently buried the hatchet with every single wrestler to ever work for WWE.

I think Vince views burying the hatchet as making them work for you thus giving you the power to screw them again or you get to make money at their expense.

It proves that you have power over them and that you are higher than them.

Angry Grimace

I think it's still a thing. Hunter will patch it up.

As far as I can tell, they resolved the lawsuit in the mid 2000s and Ax had a Legends contract for a while a few years back so I doubt it

Perfect also has a bunch of matches I remember and I don't remember all that much about Rick Rude other than that one time he hit on Cheryl Roberts.

Rude also had an awesome feud with Ultimate Warrior in WWF.

But his absolute pinnacle is WCW after. It was apparently Rude showing WWF that they dropped the ball with him. MANY amazing matches and feuds followed that made his WWF run look just plain bad by comparison. His match with Ricky Steamboat at Beach Blast 1992 in particular is one of the most underrated matches ever, IMO. In general, his mic work and wrestling ability just increased massively, which is saying something.

Also, Rude was famous for showing up on WCW and WWF in one night. That's very memorable to me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Rick Rude was in one of the greatest matches of all time with Ricky Steamboat

I don't remember a single A+ Mr. Perfect matches. A lot of B+ but nothing on the level of Rude/Steamboat

Angry Grimace

Mr. Perfect and Hitman had awesome fucking matches.

The thing I remember most about the '93 King of the Ring Hart/Perfect match isn't any of the specific in-ring action (it's good), but Earl Hebner randomly hurdle-jumping over the wrestlers while Hart had Perfect in a figure four.

https://youtu.be/ekt-m1LNWIM?t=13m14s

Like I can't figure out why he didn't just go around them - he almost hits Curt in the head when he jumps for no reason.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I still can't figure out how the Bushwackers are in the WWE Hall of Fame but Demolition aren't. :(

I mean, at the rate WWE inducts people you'd think pretty much anyone you even vaguely remember would be in their dumb hall of fame.

Bushwhackers were really good pre-Bushwhackers and are in there for their pre-WWF work, for sure.

Striker

hmmm, who else thinks that and is also not in the HoF?
Bret. The Rock also didn't like Shawn.

Vader, Demolition, Steiners (who probably will never get in because they dislike Triple H), Earthquake, Lex Luger, and Bam Bam also not in. Only Bam Bam and Earthquake are deceased of those guys. Can throw in British Bulldog, too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
These NWA shows are so good. Lots of long wrestling matches a lot of people wouldn't like. Schiavone is doing commentary solo. Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard, separately, are over as fuck and people love them, but Schiavone pretends they're not getting chants.

Really great shows, hot crowds, and some of the finest promos came from that time. I can't recommend it enough. Watched the unveiling of the first Crockett Cup seeds for the teams and the venue, and it felt like a huge deal. Lots of dream teams in it, too:

Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard
Giant Baba and Tiger Mask
The Barbarian and Baron Von Raschke
The Batten Twins (Bart and Brad)
Black Bart and Jimmy Garvin
Dino Bravo and Rick Martel
Bill Dundee and Buddy Landel
The Fabulous Ones (Steve Keirn and Stan Lane)
The Fantastics (Bobby Fulton and Tommy Rogers)
Manny Fernandez and Jimmy Valiant
Ronnie Garvin and Magnum T.A.
Chavo and Hector Guerrero

Sam Houston and Nelson Royal
The Italian Stallion and Koko Ware
Bobby Jaggers and Mike Miller
Wahoo McDaniel and Mark Youngblood
The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey and Bobby Eaton)
D.J. Peterson and Brett Wayne
The Road Warriors (Animal and Hawk)
The Rock 'n' Roll Express (Robert Gibson and Ricky Morton)
The Russian Team (Ivan and Nikita Koloff)
Buzz Sawyer and Rick Steiner
The Sheepherders (Butch Miller and Luke Williams)
Terry Taylor and Steve Williams

All in all, I love this content. The promos are the best thing. People in their prime, doing their thing, with whatever character they wanted to be. Loving it.

jmdajr

Bret. The Rock also didn't like Shawn.

Vader, Demolition, Steiners (who probably will never get in because they dislike Triple H), Earthquake, Lex Luger, and Bam Bam also not in. Only Bam Bam and Earthquake are deceased of those guys.

Vader was on table for 3 on WWE Network recently.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I totally want to really put my head down and do the 1000 Matches in 2016 challenge this upcoming year. I dropped the ball HARD this year, was a couple hundred in and then moving and shit got my shit all fucked up and I lost my love for wrestling. For like, a couple months.

These NWA shows are so good. Lots of long wrestling matches a lot of people wouldn't like. Schiavone is doing commentary solo. Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard, separately, are over as fuck and people love them, but Schiavone pretends they're not getting chants.

Really great shows, hot crowds, and some of the finest promos came from that time. I can't recommend it enough. Watched the unveiling of the first Crockett Cup seeds for the teams and the venue, and it felt like a huge deal. Lots of dream teams in it, too:

Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard
Giant Baba and Tiger Mask
The Barbarian and Baron Von Raschke
The Batten Twins (Bart and Brad)
Black Bart and Jimmy Garvin
Dino Bravo and Rick Martel
Bill Dundee and Buddy Landel
The Fabulous Ones (Steve Keirn and Stan Lane)
The Fantastics (Bobby Fulton and Tommy Rogers)
Manny Fernandez and Jimmy Valiant
Ronnie Garvin and Magnum T.A.
Chavo and Hector Guerrero

Sam Houston and Nelson Royal
The Italian Stallion and Koko Ware
Bobby Jaggers and Mike Miller
Wahoo McDaniel and Mark Youngblood
The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey and Bobby Eaton)
D.J. Peterson and Brett Wayne
The Road Warriors (Animal and Hawk)
The Rock 'n' Roll Express (Robert Gibson and Ricky Morton)
The Russian Team (Ivan and Nikita Koloff)
Buzz Sawyer and Rick Steiner
The Sheepherders (Butch Miller and Luke Williams)
Terry Taylor and Steve Williams

All in all, I love this content. The promos are the best thing. People in their prime, doing their thing, with whatever character they wanted to be. Loving it.

Me too, I spent a lot of Saturday watching them. That intro/ going to commercial music made me shed a tear.

Gibson's
going to win, isn't he? :/

Guessing he
pins Webster, then ducks Ospreay for months with the help of The Origin

Gah.
Mastiff
is the best/worst as a heel in that group. His shit eating grin while doing "You Deserve It" chants was rage inducing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Me too, I spent a lot of Saturday watching them. That intro/ going to commercial music made me shed a tear.

Also, my goodness, Cornette is at his top of his game here too. He's incredibly witty, fast talking, and quite the son of a bitch. I love it. He's perfect with the Midnight Express. He puts over every team they face SO huge.

Top Bottom