• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
How do you turn off Avatars? Is it all or none? If you can turn off individual avatars that would be amazing. I've tried to image block but every time their change avatar I have to re-doit. So I've put them on ignore, which isn't ideal as when JaseC does share steam related stuff it's usually worth while.

I do apologise that it probably has turned the last few pages of the Steam thread to shit, especially when others chime in too.

bjork

How do you turn off Avatars? Is it all or none? If you can turn off individual avatars that would be amazing. I've tried to image block but every time their change avatar I have to re-doit. So I've put them on ignore, which isn't ideal as when JaseC does share steam related stuff it's usually worth while.

I do apologise that it probably has turned the last few pages of the Steam thread to shit, especially when others chime in too.

I think it's all or none, but I can't recall ever using it. The only thing I really dislike on forums are gif parades of any kind, but there's no "turn bullshit off" option because everyone's definition of bullshit is different, heh.

haha JaseC called me out on why he decided to change his avatar from some actress he's been following since she was 13 or something. So, I thought I better try and defend myself rightly or wrongly. Doing it in the Steam thread probably wasn't the best place to do it, since he's the King of the Castle over there, after using his student loans and credit cards to buy as many Steam games as he could.

It is regrettable that someone as well liked as Durante didn't enjoy my posts, but like I said I'm sure we'll both cope and I can still appreciate the work he does.

Perhaps I shouldn't have taken the bait and just let it slide, but I have been known to make dumb decisions in the past. It's been nearly 12 months since the last time JaseC had out little back and forth over his avatar taking over Steam Threads conversation wise, while I did make a passing remark about his 'creepy obssession' with his actress (he watches all her films, tv appearances, and keeps up to date on news about her - I find this creepy akin to people who like 1000 year demons I apprecaite others might not) tainting her after seeing her on TV lately other than that I haven't mentioned a thing in 12 months. Yet, seemingly that was enough for him to have a little meltdown in Steam chat and single me out as the reason he changed his avatar. Naturally, as steam gaf keeps saying 'his cult of personalty' took over and people championed him. As the outsider I was always doomed.
JaseC always needs the last word too, and often brings up PMs I sent to him to discuss this in private, into the public light. To me this is like he's angling for public support within the Steam Thread.

Sounds like a creep! btw anyone know if asuka is wrestling on nxt this week?

thefro

That would have been a good 2-hour Raw last night. As it was, I fell asleep during the Del Rio match.

Watched the women's match this morning and it was good. Actually got over with the crowd.

The product's been better the past couple weeks since they've actually had direction for the shows. Still have the usual problems like dumb/bad writing/scripted promos that don't match a character, the show being 3-hours meaning tons of filler, etc. But I think things are on the upswing.

"Th-these aren't the young bucks"
kAF89Fl.gif

Dion314

Neo Member
So how long before del rio vs swagger for the us title?

I never thought I'd see the day I could say I miss Cena....

I know it's still early but I think they missed an opportunity with the US belt by not giving it to the New Day. The crowd doesn't care about Del Rio and they care even less about Swagger effectively undoing everything Cena did to make the title seem relevant. Plus it would be reminiscent of when the Shield had the tag and US belts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
1. New Day
2. Sasha Banks
3. Kevin Owens
4. Sami Zayn
5. Brock Lesner

Alright, I've been meaning to check out something from that era, and I wanted to check out some foreign promotions as well. LU seems interesting

LU is the truth

Lothar

Banned
So I've been lurking here for a few months and thought I would say hi. I'm still a new fan when it comes to wrestling. I was watching the Royal Rumble this year with a friend planing on making fun of it and I ended up unironically loving the Lesner/Rollins/Cena match, and I've been hooked ever since. I started watching NXT around March, and now I just watch NXT every Wednesday, and the main roster PPVs every month. I'll sometimes watch RAW if I happen to be at home that Monday, but I haven't been enjoying raw too much as of late

Anyway, so I just recently finished watching every episode of NXT since they moved to Full Sail, and I'm trying to watch every Wrestlemania to get a good handle on some of the history of the WWE, but I think I might take a break from that. So my question is, is there anything else I should check out, like another wrestling promotion or anything from a specific era of the WWE?

The Atittude Era from about June 1997 to March 2001.

Or if you don't have time for that, the following Raws are must see for any fan.

April 13, 1998 - Stone Cold gets sick of Vince and challenges him to a match
October 19, 1998 - Stone Cold holds Vince hostage
January 4, 1999 - Mankind wins the world title
August 9, 1999 - Debut of Jericho
Feb 7, 2000 - DX and the Radicals vs Cactus Jack, Rock, and Too Cool

Watch some ECW PPVs
Heatwave 1998, Living Dangerously 1999, Heatwave 1999

Jericho in WCW 1998
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x36ovz_jericho-in-wcw-vol-1_news (13 videos)

1. New Day
2. Sasha Banks
3. Kevin Owens
4. Sami Zayn
5. Brock Lesner

Alright, I've been meaning to check out something from that era, and I wanted to check out some foreign promotions as well. LU seems interesting

Lucha Underground is dope, New Japan on AXS is a great way to dip your toe into NJPW, PROGRESS is wonderful, ICW is Russoy but solid (and have a huge show coming up), and Rev Pro combines British wrestlers from PROGRESS/ICW/etc with NJPW guys once you're done with both of those.

It's a beautiful world of wrassles out there friend.

klonere

Banned
Breaking Ground is so so good. It could easily be great shoulder programming on cable but as a network exclusive it works as well. Happy to see
my boy Sabby stay in

The only troublesome part of the whole premise is that everyone is fighting to get to the main roster and I don't want any of them to do that :(

Ithil

I don't know why people are going off on Becky. You know who had an actually terrible promo? Charlotte, who was approaching Eva Marie levels of monotone robot speech.

Raw64life

Marry, Fuck, Kill? Paige, Becky, Charlotte

I never understood the rules to this. Can you never fuck the person you marry? Can you only fuck the person you pick to fuck once? Do you have to kill the other person yourself or does someone else do it for you? Do you even have to witness the killing? Does anyone know you were involved in a murder?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I never understood the rules to this. Can you never fuck the person you marry? Can you only fuck the person you pick to fuck once? Do you have to kill the other person yourself or does someone else do it for you? Do you even have to witness the killing? Does anyone know you were involved in a murder?

It's a weird power thing.

"Th-these aren't the young bucks"
kAF89Fl.gif

See. Right there is everything I need to know about Kevin Owen's personality. Dude's been my favorite character for the past few months and maybe just maybe they could be building up for something huge for him. The booking of Rollins inadvertently causing Owens to be eliminated might put some seeds into a potential feud by means I don't know since Roman is all wrapped in that program.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince sold his soul to Jerry Jarrett, who's getting back into the wrasslin' business with GWF. I have all the scoops, subscribe to my newsletter.

GWF is a shoot.

This makes me think...who's your favorite promoter of all time? This is a question for everyone, not just you, Boots - and why do you like them most?

klonere

Banned
See. Right there is everything I need to know about Kevin Owen's personality. Dude's been my favorite character for the past few months and maybe just maybe they could be building up for something huge for him. The booking of Rollins inadvertently causing Owens to be eliminated might put some seeds into a potential feud by means I don't know since Roman is all wrapped in that program.

Owens in the main event for two weeks running can only be a positive. A big feud over the IC belt with someone who is allowed to really go for it over the mic against with him would in amazing.

espher

Two weeks in a row where I've liked more than I disliked with RAW. That's a good sign.

KO definitely my favourite on the show atm. Keeps matches engaging even during the rest spots/slower parts. Loved him telling Rollins to stop trash talking Ambrose and just hit him or w/e.

Owens in the main event for two weeks running can only be a positive. A big feud over the IC belt with someone who is allowed to really go for it over the mic against with him would in amazing.

You know who could feud with Owens for the IC title barring some sort of medical miracle?

6j5Iam5.jpg

Owens has definitely been having a great couple of weeks.

The thing with Seth was interesting. Are we going to be getting Owens vs. Seth next week, since Seth "owes him one"? Will they ever actually pay that "owes him one" off, or did they just say it because it made for a line?

That's the great thing about WWE, is it's unpredictable. Like it's unpredictable whether they'll do basic story things like paying off setups.

Vince McMahon said:
This makes me think...who's your favorite promoter of all time? This is a question for everyone, not just you, Boots - and why do you like them most?

Giant Baba - I can't think of many promoters with the consistency of Baba, he had a much different ethos than Inoki and it didn't always lead them to the mainstream success New Japan often enjoyed, but it benefited his product in a number of ways. I think the biggest difference was in the way they used gaijin talent, Baba was much more willing to allow the foreign stars to become prominent, recurring parts of his tours, whereas Inoki preferred a revolving door of foreign bad guys to be the obstacles for his native stars.

GWF is a shoot.

Gabe maybe? I might not be in to what he's doing now, but without ROH there's a lot of talent missed out on, a lot of great shows, both of those are what's kept me invested during the dark years.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Giant Baba - I can't think of many promoters with the consistency of Baba, he had a much different ethos than Inoki and it didn't always lead them to the mainstream success New Japan often enjoyed, but it benefited his product in a number of ways. I think the biggest difference was in the way they used gaijin talent, Baba was much more willing to allow the foreign stars to become prominent, recurring parts of his tours, whereas Inoki preferred a revolving door of foreign bad guys to be the obstacles for his native stars.

Well you've always been a fan of substance over style, and building a brand's backbone as opposed to going for spectacle, so I can see why you chose what you did by reading in between the lines. I'd say that kind of style is more interesting to watch if you're fine with losing a lot of the spectacle and hot flash in the pan stuff.

Reigns/Owens would be a hot program.

I wouldn't mind. Owens the type of guy that brings life to those type of feuds with the given time and amount of story beats. Not just match after match ala Cesaro, which was unfortunate. A word I often associate with Cesaro.

Roman going over is indeed inevitable but at least it'll be good

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny,

Best Ringside manager, for me, Bobby Heenan. Unbelievable boyish charm, charisma, was a beautiful compliment to Curt Hennig. He was the very definition of fun.

Ringside manager? Shoot, I love Heenan but my heart and soul belong to Gary Hart. That dude...goddamn.

Top Bottom