• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

klonere

Banned
Trying not to shit this thread up with FO4 graphics talk but what's your guys take on the whole thing? I think it looks like a pretty poor upscale of what they had last gen with a weird oily gel smear effect on everything.

Not that I'm going to get to play the game this year its still pretty disappointing how evident the Bethesda jank is from the little we have seen of the game so far.

Trying not to shit this thread up with FO4 graphics talk but what's your guys take on the whole thing? I think it looks like a pretty poor upscale of what they had last gen with a weird oily gel smear effect on everything.

Not that I'm going to get to play the game this year its still pretty disappointing how evident the Bethesda jank is from the little we have seen of the game so far.
It looks like horse manure. The graphics have always been shitty and the games are overrated.

Yeah, that was a really well done match - most of that's on Mochizuki though. Don't get me wrong, Shingo did a great job and I loved his strategy of avoiding the Sankakugeri corner kick (and then eventually having a counter for it when Mochi did hit the move), but it was all about Mochizuki's crazy performance. The crowd were wild as hell for all the false finishes and Shingo had to demolish him to get the job done. Easily the best DG singles match of the year and I'll probably end up having it in my fave five when all's said and done.

Meltzer marking out on today's show was great

I still need to watch that. Don't wanna forget.

Nakamura vs. Ibushi from Wrestle Kingdom 9, Banks vs. Bayley from TakeOver: Brooklyn, Grave Consequences: Fenix vs. Mil Muertues from LU, and Makabe vs. Ishii from Wrestle Kingdom 9 are definitely fave four.

I think I need to rewatch Shibata vs. Sakuraba from Dominion 2015, but Shingo vs. Mochizuki is close to edging it out for the last spot.

And I still need to get through BOLA and that Young Bucks vs. Ricochet/Sydal match from the Super Jr. Tag Tournament.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I've come around to the point where I think Reigns should win the belt at Survivor Series. Seth can't draw, and WWE has to switch things up on a constant basis to retain momentum going into WrestleMania.

He's not ready
brother
but he's all the WWE has left.

Heroman

Banned

It looks bad , especially when compared to other open world games.
I've come around to the point where I think Reigns should win the belt at Survivor Series. Seth can't draw, and WWE has to switch things up on a constant basis to retain momentum going into WrestleMania.

He's not ready
brother

Roman wouldnt draw either, who ever the champ inst why they are in a rating slump.

It looks fine. Not great, not good, just fine. So much of an openworld game (for me) depends on the feel of exploring the environment. Not the story, not the graphics, not the gameplay, but how engaged I become in the actual world on offer. So yeah, I'm cautiously hyped, but as with all Bethesda games post 2003 I'm always prepared for it to be more Oblivion than Morrowind, regardless of the graphical prowess.

Lothar

Banned
Wyatt promo and the dumb effects was definitely the worst part of Raw of the portion I've watched. Just really bad stuff.

Actually it was like the only good and memorable part of Raw. It was like Attitude Era lightning bolt shooting Kane and that's awesome.

I think it looks great to be honest. I've been gaming since the NES with some Atari mixed into it and I don't get the graphics debate. It's always "well how does the game play and is it fun" for me. If I want ultra high res and realistic graphics I'll go for a walk and explore real life.

Just watched Raw, anyone think anything is going to come out of what went down between Owens and Rollins?

Anth0ny

He's not ready
brother

I'd way rather they just give him the fucking belt now than draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag his shit all the way to Mania and give him his "big moment" there.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

He's not ready
brother

Wouldn't be shocked at all if Reigns won it at SS and then Lesnar or Cena takes it at WM.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Wouldn't be shocked at all if Reigns won it at SS and then Lesnar or Cena takes it at WM.

That would literally be the worst possible move they could make at WM. The main event has to be the Shield triple threat, it's a story that's been built up for almost four years.

Ol' Owl only just got home and now the decision to watch raw permeates my very being.
So I figured I'd save more time by following through on my idea from last week, watching raw via pictures courtesy of WWE.com.

009_RAW_11022015jg_0058-1117190266.jpg
what appears to be the blank face of a man who forgot his line mid sentence

Possibly the peak of Breeze's post NXT career here folks.
I'm thinking it's all downhill from this shot, hey I just realised that Cesaro/Rhodes would be fresh and possibly exciting, you know for 2 weeks before being run into the rematch ground.
Bray has seemingly absorbed "The Demon" powers, I guess this means he can traverse the hell under the ring as well now, so maybe having Kane's mask is a bit like the abysswalker ring from Dark Souls.
Oh yeah, maybe Raw would be better if it were more like Dark Souls...and developed by platinum!

Cor Blimey...

Please tell me this is a sin cara botch.

And the crowd goes mild
Good Pal Ambrose lending Reigns some crowd pops.

Well, I'm guessing that the main event match was possibly fun and maybe even the divas fatal 4 way, otherwise I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to see any of this.

klonere

Banned
Holy shit Roman hulked up during the main event. They are trying their hardest to make this guy the most generic babyface ever aren't they? I really just don't care about the dude.

DMczaf

What I really don't get are Alvarez and Meltzer saying the fans are really getting loud for Roman.

I guess it's loud compared to everyone else's lack of pop, but it just seems so muted compared to a reaction when Daniel Bryan, Cena, or even Orton come out.

Nakamura vs. Ibushi from Wrestle Kingdom 9, Banks vs. Bayley from TakeOver: Brooklyn, Grave Consequences: Fenix vs. Mil Muertues from LU, and Makabe vs. Ishii from Wrestle Kingdom 9 are definitely fave four.

I think I need to rewatch Shibata vs. Sakuraba from Dominion 2015, but Shingo vs. Mochizuki is close to edging it out for the last spot.

And I still need to get through BOLA and that Young Bucks vs. Ricochet/Sydal match from the Super Jr. Tag Tournament.

Thatcher vs Hero have had 3 amazing matches.

BOLA has so many good matches on night 2 and 3

Bronx-Man

Banned
What I really don't get are Alvarez and Meltzer saying the fans are really getting loud for Roman.

I guess it's loud compared to everyone else's lack of pop, but it just seems so muted compared to a reaction when Daniel Bryan, Cena, or even Orton come out.

Well yeah but those guys are gone now. Meaning that Roman's gotta be the top guy for the next 12 years.

Anth0ny

it is muted compared to those guys. luckily for roman, all of those guys are out at the moment. it's really the perfect opportunity for them to just throw the belt on him while he's "over".

if bryan comes back the reaction he'll get will destroy roman's. which is why I don't think they'll let him come back to matter what.

gotta make. roman. look. strong.

Rutti

I started watching Raw after Mania and this was the second time I can recall seeing Swagger. The first time was Cena's open challenge.

kiguel182

Worldwide babayyyy

Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow night at NXT, Balor vs Crews for the title. I smell a heel turn. Will the Balór club form or is it forever a marketing gimmick.

NO FUCKING SPOILERS THANKS BOYS AND GIRLS.

We need a no-spoilers NXT thread.

I kinda want Balor to stay face since every NXT champ (Sami excluded) has turned heel eventually. Having a long term face champ is a good change of pace. Joe can turn heel instead when he faces Balor.

But I bet the match this week is going to be really good.

People say Daniel Bryan is "over" but the reaction he gets is nothing compared to guys like Stone Cold or The Rock.

Bryan got people to boycott the Rumble two years in a row. Can't get a better reaction than that.

Anth0ny

the young "future" of the company losing to an old guy at mania makes no sense at all

so I can see it happening

That would literally be the worst possible move they could make at WM. The main event has to be the Shield triple threat, it's a story that's been built up for almost four years.

logically, this would be the best case scenario for all three shield members

main even would be bryan winning the rumble to face god king brock lesnar, fresh off his title win at the royal rumble (three way brock/rollins/reigns(c) where brock pins rollins to win the title)

People say Daniel Bryan is "over" but the reaction he gets is nothing compared to guys like Stone Cold or The Rock.

In terms of reactions to his promos, then yeah, because Bryan couldn't do a face promo because wrestling fans respond to a mix of badass comments and comedy, both of which Bryan couldn't do.

But in the ring and in terms of entrance pops? I think Bryan was up there with Stone Cold and The Rock in those reactions on several nights last year. There were a few moments where the size and visual of his reaction was even unprecedented.

Top Bottom