• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Rutti

4yYa0gS.jpg

Fire Becky Lynch.

I don't know if I can like her after this.

Why are the authority heels? Like, what sense does it make? When Mr. McMahon first turned all those years ago, it sort of made sense. He didn't want the hugely over beer guzzling, cursing, bird flipping Stone Cold as the face of his company and would do anything to instill his own champion instead. But now? Like, why would the Authority have any problem with John Cena? He's clean cut and makes them a ton of money? Wouldn't they be on his side?

Their characters are that they say they desire what's best for business, but actually just desire control over the show and all of the performers because they're egomaniacs. Cena is a big enough star that he transcends such meddling, and they resent that.

Sephzilla

So the sheetz are saying that Vince wont let Del Rio do the right thing drop the AAA belt to someone on the way out. That's funny considering...

hqdefault.jpg

That was a taping issue no? That's usually how these things happen with NXT. I know he turned heel at some point, I remember him and Corey Graves having a mini-fued

That might be true actually. Here's a better example of weird writing. They had Corey Graves feuding with Connor O'Brien for a shot at the title or something. The only issue was that they were both heels, Connor was pretty much a monster heel at the time though, and they seemed like they wanted to do an anti hero thing with Graves, so I was expecting Graves to be the face in that situation. Instead, they had Graves working Connor's leg the whole match until The Shield, who only would come down there to terrorize just all of NXT, ran down and beat up the both of them for the DQ.

That might be true actually. Here's a better example of weird writing. They had Corey Graves feuding with Connor O'Brien for a shot at the title or something. The only issue was that they were both heels, Connor was pretty much a monster heel at the time though, and they seemed like they wanted to do an anti hero thing with Graves, so I was expecting Graves to be the face in that situation. Instead, they had Graves working Connor's leg the whole match until The Shield, who only would come down there to terrorize just all of NXT, ran down and beat up the both of them for the DQ.
I should go back and watch that early run sometime. Be interesting to compare to how far we've come.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What a weird card

But Yo. Rey Horus & Fenix teaming up AND Mysterio and Wagner teaming up(lol) AND Speedball vs Flamita

ZZInc (SAT) 11/07/2015 Auditorio Benito Juárez, Veracruz, Veracruz
1) Goya Kong, Mascarita Sagrada, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Mamba, Mini Abismo Negro, Sexy Star
2) Australian Suicide & Fireball vs Speedball & Willie Mack
3) Fenix (AAA) & Rey Horus vs Mr. 450 & Sanada
4) Garza Jr., Hijo De Dos Caras, Psicosis I vs Brodus, El Mesías, Pentagón Jr.
5) Blue Demon Jr., Dr. Wagner Jr., Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Johnny Mundo,Low Ki, Roderick Strong

I should go back and watch that early run sometime. Be interesting to compare to how far we've come.

It is really interesting. The early women matches were awful, and two of them left pretty early on, so for a while the only two women down there were Audry Marie and Paige. They would go back and forth between hating each other, or hating which ever woman came down from the main roster that week. The Ascension was the only tag team down there for a bit also, so they were in an endless feud with The Usos, until Kenneth Cameron got fired, and they threw Connor into a singles run.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Haven't you heard? Women aren't faces or heel, they're just designed by nature to hate each other!

I can't believe I'm gonna defend WWE here but this isn't even true now. Sasha and Paige are very clearly heels and Becky and Charlotte are very clearly faces. But I'll concede the Bella Twins still exist in that nebulous bitch zone where they hate everyone for no real reason. Sasha has a faction that doesn't seem to have any reason to still be on the roster either. Unless they're actually planning to run more than one angle at once (which they could with Sasha having a nascent angle with Natalya), they probably need to drop the whole team thing and cut half these people from TV time outside of squash matches or something.

klonere

Banned
Remember when New Day were presented as a top heel team beating down all the top stars of the company in the main event.

Then they all get more or less completely destroyed in the main event. Muh character advancement.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Think we'll ever get another OH shit moment like this in wwe.

cm_punk-piledriver.gif

I'd like to believe that someday Owens will bust out the Package Piledriver.

...yeah right he'll just keep teasing it and doing the package pileslam or whatever it was (the move has a name its in WWE2K16, I just forget it).

I'm bummed that I missed out the first presale tickets for WM32. A lot of those tickets are already on Stubhub. I hope I can get good seats tomorrow morning for the official internet presale.

#RAWlternative looking good for next week, who's watching?

- Attack! Pro-Wrestling - Mark Andrews vs. Pete Dunne
- Empress Pro - Kay Lee Ray vs. Addy Starr
- Fight Club: PRO - The Hunter Brothers (Lee & Jim Hunter) vs. The Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards)
- IPW:UK - Jimmy Havoc vs. Sammy Smooth
- PCW - Preston City Wrestling - Dave Mastiff vs. Adam Cole
- PROGRESS Wrestling - Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Tommaso Ciampa
- SWE - Southside Wrestling Entertainment - Will Ospreay vs. Roderick Strong
- TIDAL Wrestling - El Ligero vs. Rich Swann
- wXw - Westside Xtreme Wrestling - Big Daddy Walter, Hot & Spicy (Axel Dieter Jr. & Da Mack) vs. Cerberus (Robert Dreissker, Julian Nero, Ilja Dragunov) with Adam Pölak

Looking forward to Ospreay vs Strong, they had a great match in the PROGRESS SSS16 tournament. Speaking of which, Ciampa vs Zack Sabre Jr. from that same tournament was fantastic, well worth a watch. Cole vs Mastiff should be good as well, plus Andrews vs Dunne - those two know each other so well. That wXw tag has a number of dudes people should be paying more attention to, namely; Big Daddy Walter, Axel Dieter Jr, Robert Dreissker & Ilja Dragunov.

klonere

Banned
smh I will never turn down a double juice match especially if one of the men bleeding for me is in his 50s. I am a wrestling fan.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nah. I bought the DVDs when they first came out because I wanted to have them to show the kid.

I bought them and hte Tom and Jerry ones just because it's an era of animation that's really easy to go back to and basically is the best aged cartoons of all time. I wish they did more of them though. Especially the Tex Avery stuff.

I'm waiting for my 70s Show Blu Rays to ship

Top Bottom